One Out of Eight People Use Chrome

If you installed Windows Live Essentials, then you already have everything you need for IE8 or IE9 to start syncing.

Simply pop open Windows Live Mesh, sign in, and enable IE sync.

I used to use the old version of Live Mesh (before it was Live Sync then Mesh again). Unfortunately the newest version kept getting stuck "waiting for files" and I kept getting "MEO.exe has encountered an error". No amount of uninstall/reinstall and formatting helped. I really liked the old Live Mesh too.

Was using Chrome quite a bit, but since I've moved to IE9 I no longer use it.

I still use Firefox for it's extensions and customization.

BTW, am I the only one that thinks it's absolutely stupid to not have the ability to have your most used toolbar buttons together (i.e. Home,Stop,Reload,Favorites, etc...)? Maybe it's just me, but I think it's friggin retarded. - IE and Chrome

This chart assumes that nobody ever uses more than one browser. It's wrong in that assumption.

Good point. I use Firefox 4 as a primary and IE9 as a backup. I don't like Chrome. I have tried it more than once and just can't bring myself to like it. I could tolerate Opera but it looks so much like Firefox 4 at this point there is no reason to mess with it.

I think people are quick to forget that Google is a marketing company. Everything they develop is for mining advertising data. I will see thread after blog after article about how shitty spyware is, but then see the same people rave about Chrome like its the great liberator of the internet. Everything google has ever developed has been to sniff what you do on the web.. their browser, their OS, their "apps".. all of it.

The biggest difference between FF and Chrome? Firefox is 100% open source where Chrome is 100% privatized to make sure it can fulfill its life purpose as spyware.

Was using Chrome quite a bit, but since I've moved to IE9 I no longer use it.

I still use Firefox for it's extensions and customization.

BTW, am I the only one that thinks it's absolutely stupid to not have the ability to have your most used toolbar buttons together (i.e. Home,Stop,Reload,Favorites, etc...)? Maybe it's just me, but I think it's friggin retarded. - IE and Chrome

+1 for Firefox customization. I hate Chrome, IE 9 and Firefox as the are default configured. Firefox is the only browser that lets me setup the browser how I want, not how they think it should work. The best example is I want the tabs at the bottom underneath the address bar. I hate, hate, hate the tabs across the top.

So does every other browser out there since IE6..

No,that's just whatever DNS you are using hijacking your mispells. Far different than actually interpreting it as a search.

IE9(not 8) behaves like Chrome does now, as far as sharing search and address. Firefox4, at least natively, does not. It has a separate search bar, I wish it shared a single. Seems like a no brainer.

I switched to Opera about a year ago and I'm not going back. Basically it comes down to a few features: lots of functionality built in by default that syncs with your profile, dragonfly (opera version of firebug), better compatibility with Russian websites (opera's almost tied with firefox there!), and tab thumbnails.

I'm a web developer, so of course, I have to deal with IE6-8 but IE9 is pretty much on the same level as the rest of the browsers when it comes to rendering, which is a giant relief.

Plus, I figure Google already datamines my email and calender, so I should probably let someone else datamine my searches and web usage ;)

I use which has the best security plugins and that crown goes to Firefox. FF4 is much faster than FF3 was too so don't make the mistake of comparing Chrome to FF3 because it is an invalid comparison.

The biggest difference between FF and Chrome? Firefox is 100% open source where Chrome is 100% privatized to make sure it can fulfill its life purpose as spyware.
Very little of Chrome is proprietary. The majority of its codebase is just Chromium, which, like Firefox, is completely open source. Compile Chromium yourself if you're so bothered by this so-called "spyware".

Chrome is just in the growth stage, otherwise known as "everyone loves it and can't understand why everyone doesn't use it" stage which most free software goes through. Just wait for another year or two when the plugins start to get more elaborate and bigger features are added, then people will complain that it's bloated and buggy like Firefox.

If your talking about Chrome sync then I have to tell you that FF 4 has it as well and it works just as well as Chrome's. :rolleyes:

The main problem here is that they are not only hosting the bookmarks but also that none of these sync protocols works with each other.

Wow... some tech site... what has [H]ardOCP turned into?... the land of "DERP I CAN MAKE MAH INTERNETZ BOX ALL PURDY AND PWNZERS THE NEWBS"... yeah... tech site for rednecks and neckbeards...:rolleyes:

I'm astonished nobody mentioned Chrome's multi-process architecture - you know the only real tech reason to choose Chrome between the other browsers?:
http://blog.chromium.org/2008/09/multi-process-architecture.html :rolleyes:

I mean seriously, arguing over bookmarks, wtf is this? Oprah Winfury Book Club? You guys need some Massengill???

Chrome was the first to do that, but I thought pretty much all of them do to some extent now.

That said, I stand by what I posted earlier, Chrome is not nearly good enough to overcome privacy concerns. I'm not going to outright dismiss, but I don't think it's that much better(if it is at all).

I know Chromium is out there, how and who exactly maintains and updates it?

Firefox4, at least natively, does not. It has a separate search bar, I wish it shared a single. Seems like a no brainer.

Am I the only one who actually doesn't like the url and search bar being one?

Beyond the horrible implementation of bookmarks in Chrome, I just don't like how hard it is to customize it. The plug-ins I've tried either don't work quite right, or they're kludgy work-arounds. Some just flat-out don't work at all.
I've tried to use it and I've tried to like it. I do like how quick it is and I like how light it is, too.
If they could fix the bookmarks issue I'd definitely swap...but it's a deal breaker for me. I don't know why they make something so important so clunky.

Chome renders stuff correctly, gives more screen space to the web page instead of the UI, uses less memory (haven't looked recently, might be incorrect), boots faster, and looks better.

Great your praising a product, and you don't even know if it's better than the rivals:rolleyes:

I haven't had any problems with Firefox, I like the no script, and adware blockers (sorry I only allow full page access and advertising to sites I trust, like this one for example), yeah sometimes it takes a couple of seconds to load, but I trust it a lot more than IE, and Chrome is too new for my liking (even though it's basically Firefox).

Hrmmm... 1 out of 8... and I don't use Chrome, so... who's doing that math?

My biggest issues with chrome are that it still lacks smoothscrolling (a feature i will not live without) and you still have websites that say "In order to access this website you need IE/Mozilla/Safari installed".

Am I the only one who actually doesn't like the url and search bar being one?

I don't see any negative aspect. At least as far as how I use both.

control-k type <enter>
control-l type <enter>

Consolidating them to one works for me.

oprera bitches :p though if not that chrome, i only recently switched to opera and i love the right click combinations

........... and one tit is reading this message.
Ha people in India all use winwap

Chrome suck to be honest..

It's not too surprising that Chrome users are rapidly increasing.. Mostly are due to their advertise.
Those install Chrome buttons are like everywhere.. And I am kinda getting annoying the fuck out of it...

Chrome suck to be honest..

It's not too surprising that Chrome users are rapidly increasing.. Mostly are due to their advertise.
Those install Chrome buttons are like everywhere.. And I am kinda getting annoying the fuck out of it...
Nothing wrong with trying to gain a user base. Hell FF was the same way for the longest time ;).

news to me, it didnt when i stopped using it :)

haven't bothered to look back since
Really, because it has had it for the last 5+ years. It was called "Foxmarks" and is now called "Xmarks." It rocks. It's the major reason I started using Firefox.

The last time I used Chrome, it rendered most webpages poorly. To be fair, this was one of the initial releases. The fact that it has bookmark sync is attractive, but I am comfortable with Firefox now - why switch?

With addons, Firefox can bookmark & tab sync (XMarks), automatically saves my textbox typing if it ever crashes, give weather reports with large doppler radar (Forecastbar Enhanced), download all images/videos on a webpage at once (Downloadthemall!), Reverse image search (Tineye), block ads, popups, flash (Noscript, FlashBlock), download Flash videos (Flash and Video Download), extract the music from Youtube! videos (Youtube to MP3), etc.

Chrome may have some or all of that, but I can't tell you how useful that has been.

Oh ya, Firefox does sometimes have problems copying and pasting text and spreadsheets into Word/Excel. This borked my grade on a midterm, when I thought I had copied everything. D'oh!

Yea dropped FF about a year ago now. Wouldn't install it unless Chrome became a pig, and would even then probably use IE9 instead. Yea FF got that bad..

Back