One of the most RIDICULOUS case mods EVER. Good for a laugh!!

hardwarephreak

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok...I have to set this up...

Customer buys a PC...has said PC for about 6 months. She gets a virus and in the process she corrupts her windows. So she decides she wants to void the warranty and open the PC up herself becuase she can't wait a day for us to look at it. Her idea was to take the hard drive out and hook it up on another PC so she could access/burn off her content. Not a bad idea...in theory...but in practice...well that's a whole different story...

Exhibit A: A run o' the mill Antec SLK2650...poor, poor...SLK2650.

SLK2650BQE.jpg

So, she opens takes off the side panel...now mind you, the whole time she is explaining all of this, she is saying that she has gone to school for years for this kind of stuff...she is a PC Tech... :D

Now she is looking at the side of the case, she takes out the two screws holding the side of the hard drive facing her. Then she can't figure out how to take the screws out of the other side of the HDD...becuase...according to her.."the dumb people riveted the other side of the case on". She obviously, as you can already ascertain, does not see the latch holding the figgin hard drive cage in place. OH but it gets better...

She then decides she has to DRILL out the rivets to take the side panel off "that those dumb people" riveted on. She proceeds to do this WITH all of her hardware in the case :rolleyes: Yes, you can picture all of those metal shavings all over her mobo and other stuffs. Well she takes the whole damn thing apart, finally getting the hard drive out...of course when we looked at it, she had even started to drill the rivets out of the 5.25" bays...but then for some reason she stopped leaving a few rivets.

Well after she got the data off the drive, she hooked it back up (without cleaning off the components)...saw some sparks and then shut it off "real quick". When she brought it in, she was b!tch!ng about why we wouldn't warranty the hardware...

BUT IT GETS BETTER...after telling us this whole story...she then turns in...drum roll please..................HER FREAKING RESUME....It is a very rare thing, however I was actually speachless. We ALL were just standing there staring at her at that point...She bought a new case, and she dealt with MSI and the other vendors herself...I still shake my head everytime someone brings it up...

idiot1.jpg

idiot2.jpg

idiot3.jpg

idiot4.jpg

idiot5.jpg

Incase anyone is wondering, she "hated" her case and left it behind..so I brought in my rivet gun and let one of the techs have the case...AND NO I did not call her for an interview.

We had a company wide meeting recently, and one of the ladies that worked in the office brought up the fact that we employed no female technicians...she was at the time joking with one of the network engineers about something...at that moment, before I could respond, one of the sales guys raises his hand and says..."um, you want a reason...I do believe the last female applicant for a technical position went about drilling out her case.....and that is all I am gonna say"

It doesn't really matter if she claims she's a PC Tech. You can learn how a computer works in terms of what function each component serves by reading any "PC for beginners" website. However, if you're not mechanically inclined to be able to see how things fit together by inspection.. you're not going to get very far.

I work in an office where we have two women who are tech's, one is fairly brilliant when it comes to to MS office, system deployment, etc. The other one however is fairly dumb, in which recently I had to show her how to replace a power supply in a Dell. Anyone with arms should know how to replace a power supply, especially in a Dell.

Good thing our office doesn't own any electric drills :D

Good thing I decided to take a break witht the "Video Cards" and "Game & Gaming Equipment" sections for once. That is halarious.

Nice, Nice!
Kinda like the girl who tought that turning the compressed air can upside down would allow it to clean better!

:D You see, it was preperation for the repainting of the case ;)

So what did her resume contain? just curious to wonder how someone "that qualified" would do something like that.

I just knew there was another way to get the HD out. Thanks. :D

LOL! Dan , what did she look like? Send me her resume incase we cant get Jeff!!!! :D

Haha...Dude, she is alllll yours. :D But she has a fetish for power tools me thinks ;)

Did you ever see the case when you stopped by, I think I told you about it...She is currently upgrading her vast knowledge at one of the local tech schools...but according to her she has been doing this kind of work for *years*...

If I ever write a book about my experience in this field, I swear that story will be on the book jacket. :D

Dan, I know you guys don't want people voiding the warranty, but isn't using rivets instead of screws to secure the case a little extreme? ;)

Well I will talk to Antec about it, we should have something agreed upon by Wednesday thereby eliminating ALL rivets from Antec cases in the future. :D

But actually you bring up a good point...for those companies that sell computers....the NEW way to deal effectively with those customers that should NOT be in their computers...JUST RIVET IT SHUT.

However as you can see...riveting a case shut is not effective against some people :D :D

hmm.. is that a hint that someone has done that before... ;)

Riviting a case shut.. bad idea.. very, very bad idea.. I dont think right when i cant get into a case... I start pulling out very large tools.. (thinks about the VCR with the stripped screwheads... and the sledge-hammer..) oops... :D

some women arent dumb with computers but SHIT, this one is retarted, WTF would start drilling anything metal near a compuer with all the components still inside, she needs to aim the drill at her face

I don't think it's that she's a woman... Not at all, cuz I know some women who are pretty tech savvy (my GF knows enough to fix Windows issues). I think the problem here is that woman is the product of Tim Allen and Forest Gump's less intelligent little sister. YIKES!

Wait till you work for a large company were affirmative action basically forces you to hire someone like that because there aren't enough qualified applicants of a certain race or gender.

wow.. i'm speachless. In my 3yrs as a pc tech/network engineer i've seen/heard some pretty retarded stuff.. but damn that one takes the cake by far.

WesM63 said:
wow.. i'm speachless. In my 3yrs as a pc tech/network engineer i've seen/heard some pretty retarded stuff.. but damn that one takes the cake by far.
Makes you wonder how most humans survive daily life without a crash helmet, huh?

Back