ONE more time, Best , Quietest HSF?

Don't for get to look Enzotech Ultra X, on low speeds this fan cools as good as any and better than most. I have one and run the fan at 1350rpms and get very good results.
I hope they lower the price of it soon, because I really want one :D

Also hope that they will make a beefed-up version to compete with the new Thermalrights.

Where did you order it from? Before it went OOS :)
Umm.. I bought it at jab-tech.com? The only reason I'm posing it as a question is because I said that a few posts back, and so I'm not sure if that is what you're asking, or if you were directing the question to me. I don't know if it is in stock at jab-tech anymore or not. I haven't looked :/

Yeah, I was responding to you.

I found it at BestByteInc.com and I think they have 4 more left.

Was $70 w/shipping :(

alright as I said I would.. I came back to post the results. The only comments I have is that the pics speak for themselves, really.. and that the thing is larger than I could of imagined. Almost scared leaving it hanging on the systemboard. Its big enough that the top fan in my p180 basically doesn't fit. It probably technically could fit, but I just don't have that kind of patience. Do me a favor and chop out the images if you quote me to preserve my bandwdith.

Stock speeds, voltages etc.

Stock fan:

EDIT: I'll put them on on imageshack or something later. Hopefully my isp didn't kill my connection :D.

Umm those really aren't that impressive. I'm running at 3.42 and I only hit low 50's. I mean yeah they are great compared to stock but 48c on that cooler at stock speeds seems high.

well, my case isn't exhausting much ;). I have 1 120mm fan on the rear @1krpm. Just lots of hot stagnant air floating around in my case. I'm more than happy with the 11c drop with those conditions. If I had more air flow to begin with it wouldn't be as bad. I just hate the noise.

alright as I said I would.. I came back to post the results. The only comments I have is that the pics speak for themselves, really.. and that the thing is larger than I could of imagined. Almost scared leaving it hanging on the systemboard. Its big enough that the top fan in my p180 basically doesn't fit. It probably technically could fit, but I just don't have that kind of patience. Do me a favor and chop out the images if you quote me to preserve my bandwdith.

Images gone... use http://www.imageshack.us, no need to sign up for it :)

I have the ninja revision 2 which i believe is fairly similar to infinity. It is extremely large, but it does a great job with cooling from what i have seen so far. The ultra 120 is probably very nice, but it was out of stock everywhere just a few weeks ago when i ordered the ninja. The Tuniq tower is supposed to be very good as well, but availability made it a non option as well.

The mounting mechanism for the Ninja was actually fairly easy to install on my A8N32 SLI deluxe board, and I liked the fact that i didn't have to use a screwdriver and tighten down like some previous heatsinks i have used.

The mounting mechanism for the Ninja was actually fairly easy to install on my A8N32 SLI deluxe board, and I liked the fact that i didn't have to use a screwdriver and tighten down like some previous heatsinks i have used.

But the downside of that is slightly higher temperatures.

So for the Tuniq or the Ultra 120, has anyone actually mounted one on an MSi P6N-SLI Platinum? That's the 650i SLI board that has so many glowing reviews, but has some small transistors or something on the back of the board under the CPU socket that can interfere with HSF installation. Among the reports from folks overclocking on that board in the giant thread about it, it seems like no one is using any of the better HSFs. It would be nice to know if it fits those coolers well or not because it would suck to buy an expensive nice new HSF only to find you have to dremel part of it to get it to fit on the board (if you are even willing to do that to such an expensive item).

I'd probably rather just get a different motherboard, though I have no idea what as the MSi is the only one I've seen with enough positive reviews that point to high quality and stability compared to most of the boards out there. I don't need a board that can do 500FSB, especially with an E4400's nice high multiplier. I just want stable, all-solid caps, passively cooled north and south bridge, and the usual assortment of standard features and overclocking BIOS features. Seems like there is sparse competition for the MSi board when it comes to such specs.

Got the last ultra 120 off bestbytesinc.. whew, been looking all week for this stupid heatsink ;P

Well in addition to what I stated previously (stability, passive cooling, and quality components (solid caps, etc)) as being of primary importance, I don't need a whole lot. The MSi P6N-SLI Platinum is really a nearly ideal board for what I am looking for. While I don't plan to run more than one PCI-E x16 GPU, nor RAID, if there aren't any good overclocking boards without those features, I don't mind having them anyway. It must be under $200, preferably around $150 like the MSi board. So probably 650i or P965 based on that pricing, eh?

I'm planning to get an E4400 that I'd like to get to around 3.0GHz (10x300 or 9x333 depending on what the RAM and motherboard can handle without upping any voltages other than possibly vcore... I'm going for stability and longevity, ideally.) I don't know of any overclocking-featured boards that can't handle 333 fsb these days, but something good to 350-375 minimum is ideal for two reasons: I know my 333 fsb wouldn't be stressing the board to its limits, and also if the CPU can't quite handle 3.0GHz, I have more room for dropping the multiplier to 8x to maintain a solid fsb speed increase without pushing past the CPU's max clockspeed. :)

HSF-wise I want something that will fit in my Antec P150/SOLO case, and the upcoming Thermalright Ultima-90 sounds like the perfect piece, I just want to read a couple reviews on it and be assured it'll mount on the MSi board without interfering with these little components beneath the CPU socket that are being reported to interfere with some heatsinks that utilize backplates for bracing. Gotta know that before I purchase the board or the HSF, so a bit of a catch-22 at the moment, which is keeping me from purchasing anything yet.

Sorry for going off topic, but check out the ASUS P5B Deluxe, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4, and DFI Infinity P965-S.

iv got thermaltake sonic tower and its is fanless but u can add optional fan if u wish gives me half the temp ov stock cooler

i love my zalman 9700....easiest install, no removal of mother board, very quiet, and top of the line cooling.

i had to remove the motherboard on my Zalman 9700 for the support bracket .

really? mine fit right into the bracket of my 939 mobo. I was pretty sure i read in the directions it was pretty universal, and no mobo removal was needed. Sorry if I missled anyone!

Its still a beast though! I love it!

THERMY FTW.

Thermalright is the BEST hands down. You buy almost any of their products you're getting something high quality. Get the 120. They also have a 90 Extreme which is looking very sweet but don't know if it is out yet.

Zalman is really going the way of Thermaljunk (TT). Very disappointed in their lineup lately.

But the downside of that is slightly higher temperatures.

i dont know how my temps can get any lower with the ninja, the mounting mechanisn, while a pain in the arse to install, works very well and i run it passively at 28c idle 40 load

THERMY FTW.

Thermalright is the BEST hands down. You buy almost any of their products you're getting something high quality. Get the 120. They also have a 90 Extreme which is looking very sweet but don't know if it is out yet.

Zalman is really going the way of Thermaljunk (TT). Very disappointed in their lineup lately.

Not so sure I'd say hands down there are some reviews that Enzotech wins, especialy if you take noise in to play. On low fan speeds it is almosyt always on top.

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2082&page=5

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/scythe-enzotech_9.html

Not many people seem to have heard about Enzotech yet; really good HSF for the first model made by that company.

NINJA lol. have it, love it, cools well.

Same here. It's nice if you have a fan controller and software overclocking. Ramp the speed and the fans up when loading the processor, turn the fan off and the speed down when doing normal desktop stuff. Hard to beat complete silence :)

THERMY FTW.

QFT. TR is always high quality, as well as high quality looking.

IMO these cooler seam to be a real god one ... you can put two 120 mm fan a add more cooling to the motherboard components ...
http://http://www.coolermaster.com/...H-ANU2-GP&other_title=+RR-CCH-ANU2-GP+GeminII

picture

ordi011.jpg

ordi012.jpg

stdu007, are those photographs showing the cooler in your Silverstone TJ-09? What mounting mechanism does it use? I'd imagine it puts a lot of strain on the motherboard.

GeminII_10.JPG

The Cooler Master GeminII Heatsink may just be the largest heatsink on the market today with a total weight of 847 grams or 1.8634 lbs, in other words don't expect to be moving this case roughly around on your desk or taking it to your next LAN Party. Since you run the risk of ripping a hole completely out of your motherboard where the heatsink was attached.

Back