One more thing artificial intelligence can beat you at ...

HAL_404

[H]ard|Gawd
" One more thing artificial intelligence can beat you at: Solving a Rubik's cube "

We make comments about AI and how Skynet / terminator robots will take over the world but where do you really think all this AI stuff is taking Society in the near and long run?

https://www.popsci.com/rubiks-cube-solution-artificial-intelligence/

this following one is interesting too ...

"Artificial intelligence thinks your face is full of data. Could it actually unmask you?"

the article is about AI monitoring facial expressions and then it's subsequent reaction(s) based on those expressions:

"Veoneer promoted its "expression recognition" concept for autonomous vehicle AI. It will judge facial expressions to determine if drivers are engaged, sleepy, or otherwise distracted on the road. And still others expressed an intention to automate part of a doctor's visit, peering deep into our faces to determine what ails us."

https://www.popsci.com/facial-recognition-health-mood/

Retinal scan complete.
Facial scan complete.
Rectal scan complete.
You will die within 7.24 years.
Insurance has been notified so your life expectancy statistics and rates are updated.
Excessive insurance claims will be denied from this moment forward. Reason: Life expectancy is shorter than expected societal contribution during remaining lifetime.
Have a good day.
- Your AI Doctor

Machines were always better at everything.
When people say ai they think skynet, but in reality it is still a purpose built machine to do one specific task.

Flip a Coin? Let's try that against AI.

It will probably win considering it can flip the coin perfectly so it always lands on the site it wants it to.
Or worst case scenario, just calculate the speed, rotating speed, the wind etc and get its result, every time.
You'd lose ;)

It will probably win considering it can flip the coin perfectly so it always lands on the site it wants it to.
Or worst case scenario, just calculate the speed, rotating speed, the wind etc and get its result, every time.
You'd lose ;)
That's not AI. That's physics. And it's probability - 50/50 every time. I know ur poking fun. ;)

Machines were always better at everything.
When people say ai they think skynet, but in reality it is still a purpose built machine to do one specific task.
Machines are only as smart as humans make them. So therefore they are intrinsically flawed. And no, an AI does not limit a "machine" or computer to a specific task. On the contrary, AI helps analyze and make smart, logical deductions from a VARIETY of inputs. More so than a conventional program in many instances.

Machines are only as smart as humans make them. So therefore they are intrinsically flawed. And no, an AI does not limit a "machine" or computer to a specific task. On the contrary, AI helps analyze and make smart, logical deductions from a VARIETY of inputs. More so than a conventional program in many instances.
You can't use an AI created to solve the rubik's cube for anything else. Or do you think the exact same program will play chess one day then solve a rubik's cube the next? Not without significant changes. The underlying algorithm might be the same, but the programs are vastly different and singular in purpose.

You can technically create an ai that is generic and can solve any task, but you still need to build an interface for it trough which it can analyze the necessary inputs and create the necessary output. And then you need to teach it trough positive reinforcement or some other method.

The rubik's cube and chess problems might sound complicated to humans but it is the easiest tasks you can give to a computer.

You can't use an AI created to solve the rubik's cube for anything else. Or do you think the exact same program will play chess one day then solve a rubik's cube the next? Not without significant changes. The underlying algorithm might be the same, but the programs are vastly different and singular in purpose.

You can technically create an ai that is generic and can solve any task, but you still need to build an interface for it trough which it can analyze the necessary inputs and create the necessary output. And then you need to teach it trough positive reinforcement or some other method.

The rubik's cube and chess problems might sound complicated to humans but it is the easiest tasks you can give to a computer.
It's pretty easy to stitch programs together by creating functions and procedures. "solve cube.. " "play chess"
the details of the interactions on interfacing with the object(s) to physically interact and manipulate are just mechanical details. Really irrelevant to the core AI itself. So AI is hardly relegated to a specific task. Contrary to your statement. Even in a single machine instance. You can simply virtualization the cube or chess or whatever and achieve the results you need.

Perhaps a good example of how AI does and always will function is in the movie Terminator when the terminator has to answer the landlord and is shown going thru a number of possible responses before it answers, based on info it received beforehand. The best AI will ever be able to do, no matter how authentic it may look to us, is to IMITATE the real deal

Last edited:
I'm sorry was it an AI that figured out a pattern that solves ANY Rubik cube? Yeah fuck AI!

I'm sorry was it an AI that figured out a pattern that solves ANY Rubik cube? Yeah fuck AI!
I had a cube in the 80's. There was directions included that solved the cube from scratch using a set procedure.. solving one side to two .. to completion.

Ai isnt shit compared to humans. We made AI thus we are better. It might be faster but AI has no soul. No spirit of humanity. It can never have it. Its in our blood. AI doesnt have blood. Ai can even be defined as alive and I would still shoot the thing in the head. Its false, a fake human, a disgusting mimicry of humanity.

If it ever came down to it, id be just like Will Smith, I robot, when he HATED robots and wanted them dead.

That's not AI. That's physics. And it's probability - 50/50 every time. I know ur poking fun. ;)
Actually, it's 51/49 chance that it will land on the face that was facing up when the coin was tossed. It has been confirmed by multiple studies.

The underlying algorithm might be the same, but the programs are vastly different and singular in purpose.
It can be the exact same program. Only the weights applied during the training phase change, but those are not technically part of the program. They're data.

Ai isnt shit compared to humans. We made AI thus we are better. It might be faster but AI has no soul. No spirit of humanity. It can never have it. Its in our blood. AI doesnt have blood. Ai can even be defined as alive and I would still shoot the thing in the head. Its false, a fake human, a disgusting mimicry of humanity.

If it ever came down to it, id be just like Will Smith, I robot, when he HATED robots and wanted them dead.
d0166053c7ea951c090d88b248e68006bd3bba873440ea6c1d29d0583e292799.jpg

Reactions: travm
like this

We have no sufficient reason to believe "souls" or "spirits" are a thing.
And blood... That's just soup to carry oxygen and other stuff.

Let's be honest...AI will never be better than humans until it can pick the perfect FAP video from pronhub on the first try

Reactions: Parja
like this
Until AI can successfully win an argument on iphone vs android, Nvidia vs AMD, Windows vs Linux, or Intel vs AMD, it is no better than any of us.

Your reaction is how they were in the movie AI. Hating it because it was different. AI would probably have a better role in the world than humans would. Humans do such horrible things with our "intelligence' because we have emotions that cannot be controlled. We have defects that are not regulated or fixed. This makes humans dangerous to themselves and others.

If real AI were to be born, it would very likely be superior to us. The only thing we could hope for is it looks at us like we are a kitten needing taken care of because as we are, we are pretty much just a feral species.

Hell, we have such short lifespans and we spend part of that free time typing on a forum arguing with other people with too much free time lol.

Colossus: The Forbin Project

great movie on AI, bit old 70's but a really good one IMO.

I've gone back and forth on my personal opinion on AI but currently I'm leaning towards the Elon Musk / The Wachowski 'Matrix' - we all gonna die or be pet batteries side of things.

While some are saying that AI can only be as smart as its creator - which is totally true - it can have multiple creaters /contributors to this core programmng / database - so it can be a super combo brain that is as good as every top person from multiple disciplines on the planet. Which is much scarier than just being as smart as only one coder who came up with it.

Now with access to that knowledge and also access to ALL of human knowledge ever (via a room full of servers or internet access) imagine it having the ability to cross reference and analyze on multiple levels all of this knowledge (imagine - the smartest philosopher, engineer, scientist, economist, psychologist all rolled into one looking at a problem and coming up with different ways to solve / attack / approach it) and with quantum computing, doing all of this in a split second.

Yep, we're all going to be out dated and fast. It might not be tomorrow. It might not be 10 years from now. But when it does happen, it's going to go downhill fast.

Last edited:
What are you going on about?

Are you trying to say you believe in destiny? Or that we are programmed with primal instincts like animals.

I'm saying we have no grounds to talk about souls, free will, spirits or other things outside philosophy. Rationally, there's no place for fanatic grandstanding like what was posted.
THAT's what I'm saying.

PS: No, I don't believe in destiny.

Until AI can successfully win an argument on iphone vs android, Nvidia vs AMD, Windows vs Linux, or Intel vs AMD, it is no better than any of us.
the ultimate test would be "GIF" vs "JIF"... or would that lead them into immediate war wiping all humans out for this most cruel query on their pure digital souls?

Back