One missing cap off a 3.2ghz P4 lga775

I got this off eBay today and never in my e-buying experience I ever seen this after opening a package and fortunately it doesn't cost me much. (The seller states its working in his auction) I've heard & read around the internet that the processors having one or two missing pins and still runs.But such a cpu with one missing cap - will it still work? Here is the high res pix below, you can see very clearly what's missing.

LOL don't expect any worth while replies then. You don't really know until you try.

Just out of curiosity, which type of Pentium 4 is this specifically, and who is the seller? See I brought one a day or 2 ago but can't check to see if it's any good until 2 weeks due to uni exams...if you don't want to give seller details then mind pm'ing me?

Just out of curiosity, which type of Pentium 4 is this specifically

The clue is in the title of this thread. :rolleyes:

and who is the seller?

I wish I could post his full username but will this do? - - - > 7 years 5 months and lives in NY, United States.

Look at your seller's profile to see if this matches the seller whose cpu I bought from.

I'd just try it out. Knowing me i wouldn't have even noticed it missing. I really doubt it'd do any damage to your motherboard if it doesn't work.

Back