One ghost image but different HD configs, any thoughts?

BattleMaster

Limp Gawd
So here is kind of how it goes.

I've spent hours loading a system on an nForce 4 platform with a SATA HD (no driver disk needed on first install of course). I loaded everything except chipset drivers fully expecting to ghost other machines (with like setups) based on NF4, NF3U, and NF2 chipsets. Now I just came to a realization; while ghosting will work great on NF4/NF3U platforms, I'm going to have some trouble ghosting this image on NF2 because the SATA controller isn't on chip. As we all know, NF2 uses aon onboard 3rd party SATA controller, in this case one from Silicon Image. So for a new Windows install, you need a SATA driver disk unlike NF4/NF3U.

So my question is does anyone know any tricks I can perform on this image ahead of time to get this to boot on a NF2 chipset with a SATA drive? If this were a new install this wouldn't be an issue, but it's not. For the record I tried simply installing the needed SATA drivers on the NF4 platform and then imaging the NF2 system with that load, but it doesn't work.

I read that originally, but still had some doubts about whether or not Windows would even boot into the mini-setup without SATA drivers. I'll find out tomorrow either way, but in the meantime anyone with experience feel free to chime in. :)

BattleMaster said:
I read that originally, but still had some doubts about whether or not Windows would even boot into the mini-setup without SATA drivers. I'll find out tomorrow either way, but in the meantime anyone with experience feel free to chime in. :)
There should be a link in there on how to add your SATA drivers, so that your image should boot with the new controller.

Back