One day post-launch, the developers of Switch emulator Yuzu announce that Tears of the Kingdom is playable 'full speed on most hardware' with 'no hack

Docked, I almost never play handheld.
I'd be surprised if any game looked good if it's a larger screen. I usually play mine handheld on the rare occasions I play it.

$50 more than….the OLED Switch, which has a better screen.

$100 more than standard Switch

$200 more than Switch Lite
Library sizes favors the Steam Deck but, a casual buyer interested in a Switch probably isn't interested in a Deck regardless of prices.

How you think they would react to a modding community? Nintendo is very quick to send out any C&D to people using their IPs. They are known to go after individuals legally and sue them to hell.
Exactly why they are a POS company. Or do you think going after modders is a good thing? Not bringing their games to other platforms doesn't prevent anyone from modding mario into skyrim.

A steam deck can emulate switch games better than a switch can run native?
It's hard to find a video of this, but yes it does run it better.

I'm surprised this video is still up knowing Nintendo.

As for the gpu, no, that is not reasonable for quite a few people. Almost everyone has a TV in their living room ready to go with a Switch if they want to play Nintendo games. That $300 gpu has to then be paired up with the rest of a PC if someone does not have the hardware already which is much more expensive and time consuming for someone saying "Huh, that new Nintendo game looks like it'd be fun to play".
Like I've said, you don't need a $300 GPU to play Switch games. You can use literally any GPU, including crappy Intel built in graphics to play Switch games. The $300 GPU is just a good investment since it can play ALL the games.
A lot of people are fine with substandard hardware if they enjoy the game. Doubly so if it's cheaper and more convenient. Look at mobile gaming. Look at the Deck itself, I consider it substandard vs playing the same games on a PC.
You don't compare the Deck to a desktop or laptop PC as they aren't the same, due to the Deck being a hand held gaming device. You also can't say that "people are fine with substandard hardware" and then say "Deck itself, I consider it substandard" without being a hypocrite.
*Edit* Let's not forget a good number of people aren't down with emulating, especially illegally. I assume to "legally" emulate a Switch, you still need one to get BIOS or something from, not to mention the game itself. Hell, tons of people still legally buy Windows.
A lot of people need to align their morals properly. If you have a Switch and it can be modded then you can extract the ROM data without issue. If your Switch can't or it's too technical then sail the high seas because that's a problem that Nintendo is making.
You don't think like the common consumer. Most don't know you can play switch games let alone figure out how to set it up and working on PC. Then there is the ethical side of it that people don't want to deal with. The switch is cheap and plug play.
The common consumer doesn't know because Nintendo is taking down videos that shows you how. Thank god for reddit. Ethics are nonsense when you're forced to buy another piece of hardware that's unneeded other than Nintendo said so. Why can't a PC, or Xbox, or PS play these games? Limiting games to a specific piece of hardware is E-waste at best, and anti-consumer at worst. On the flip side I'm evil for emulating a game on the hardware I want to the way I want to.
7m5q33.jpg

As the wise Wendell said, it shouldn't be a capital offense.

It's hard to find a video of this, but yes it does run it better.

I'm surprised this video is still up knowing Nintendo.

Like I've said, you don't need a $300 GPU to play Switch games. You can use literally any GPU, including crappy Intel built in graphics to play Switch games. The $300 GPU is just a good investment since it can play ALL the games.

You don't compare the Deck to a desktop or laptop PC as they aren't the same, due to the Deck being a hand held gaming device. You also can't say that "people are fine with substandard hardware" and then say "Deck itself, I consider it substandard" without being a hypocrite.

A lot of people need to align their morals properly. If you have a Switch and it can be modded then you can extract the ROM data without issue. If your Switch can't or it's too technical then sail the high seas because that's a problem that Nintendo is making.

The common consumer doesn't know because Nintendo is taking down videos that shows you how. Thank god for reddit. Ethics are nonsense when you're forced to buy another piece of hardware that's unneeded other than Nintendo said so. Why can't a PC, or Xbox, or PS play these games? Limiting games to a specific piece of hardware is E-waste at best, and anti-consumer at worst. On the flip side I'm evil for emulating a game on the hardware I want to the way I want to.
View attachment 570931
As the wise Wendell said, it shouldn't be a capital offense.

Talk about entitlement.

I couldn't give two fucks about Nintendo but this is pure entitlement. Pirate the games all you want if you don't agree with their practices. I don't care.
Was literally only explaining why someone might not be down with emulation. Especially if you don't already own a PC, know anything about PCs, or how to go get an emulator working correctly.

I couldn't give two fucks about Nintendo but this is pure entitlement. Pirate the games all you want if you don't agree with their practices. I don't care.
Sounds like Nintendo's fault for not securing their platform. Other platforms put a lot more effort towards this sort of thing. Perhaps Nintendo got a little greedy cutting so many corners in the hardware department.

Sounds like Nintendo's fault for not securing their platform. Other platforms put a lot more effort towards this sort of thing. Perhaps Nintendo got a little greedy cutting so many corners in the hardware department.
Nobody actually cares here. The point of view was from your average "normie" consumer. More specifically why someone would still buy a Switch in 2023.

I don't see a problem with being entitled. You see how Sony and Microsoft ported their games to PC? That's not a charity but because they know some people aren't going to buy consoles when they have a perfectly fine PC. A perfectly fine PC that will eventually get a PS4 emulator, which will allow people to pirate their games. There's a reason you don't see a PS4 emulator still, and that's because there's less of a reason to make one now that Sony ported some games over to PC. Microsoft ported their games on PC the same day it's released for Xbox, but that's mostly because Xbox isn't doing well compared to Playstation. If you want Nintendo to port their games to PC then run their games on a emulator, and don't buy a Switch. Buy the games for all I care, but not the Switch. Gotta send a message to Nintendo. The Steam Deck is better in every way and doesn't prevent me from monkeying around with the OS.
Nobody actually cares here. The point of view was from your average "normie" consumer. More specifically why someone would still buy a Switch in 2023.
The problem with the "normie" consumer is that they not only don't know you could run Switch games on PC, but can't be bothered with the technical aspect of doing so. I grew up flipping dip Switches and typing in DOS commands to start my games, so this stuff to me is second nature. The problem is that Switch emulators need the Switch rom data, and that can't be avoided. Emulator authors can make their own system rom, but that's more work. If they did, then it could be on Steam like Dolphin, and that would make the barrier to entry easier. I wish that newer Switches could not only be modded, but easily modded. Modding older Switches is not super easy, which it kinda needs to be. People today are just too lazy and afraid to do things.

Got it for my son, he is enjoying it a lot, but he found the videos on YouTube highlighting how much better the game plays on more powerful hardware. Since we have original switches from 2017 it might be time to show him how to dump everything and keep that offline, only use the switch to play online.

But seeing some of the responses in here, he should just enjoy it the way "Nintendo" expects him to. Nah... Might be more Decks in the house this coming Christmas.

I think the main point to why Nintendo doesn't port beyond their system is their late history of using under powered hardware. They have such famous IP that folks will stick with them because of a famous franchise they love and the acceptable cost of hardware with a long expected shelf life. Providing a port that is a big step up over your own hardware would immediately alienate your own fans.

Game already sold over 10 million copies. That's more in 3 days than most multiplatform titles do in years. It's already outsold Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok and will likely outsell Elden Ring before summer.
Tears of the Kingdom is the best selling single console exclusive title ever - except for Nintendo's other series, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, which needed to combine sales to beat TOTK.

But yeah, somehow it not coming to PC is gonna hurt the game. 🤣

Game already sold over 10 million copies. That's more in 3 days than most multiplatform titles do in years. It's already outsold Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok and will likely outsell Elden Ring before summer.
Tears of the Kingdom is the best selling single console exclusive title ever - except for Nintendo's other series, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, which needed to combine sales to beat TOTK.

But yeah, somehow it not coming to PC is gonna hurt the game. 🤣
Sadly it is not a better game then any of those 3.

A steam deck can emulate switch games better than a switch can run native? As for the gpu, no, that is not reasonable for quite a few people. Almost everyone has a TV in their living room ready to go with a Switch if they want to play Nintendo games. That $300 gpu has to then be paired up with the rest of a PC if someone does not have the hardware already which is much more expensive and time consuming for someone saying "Huh, that new Nintendo game looks like it'd be fun to play".

A lot of people are fine with substandard hardware if they enjoy the game. Doubly so if it's cheaper and more convenient. Look at mobile gaming. Look at the Deck itself, I consider it substandard vs playing the same games on a PC.

*Edit* Let's not forget a good number of people aren't down with emulating, especially illegally. I assume to "legally" emulate a Switch, you still need one to get BIOS or something from, not to mention the game itself. Hell, tons of people still legally buy Windows.
The switch OLED screen is nicer than the steam deck. Any game on both I prefer on the switch OLED due to the screen, besides the fact that the switch is just a better portable.

As for emulation, I personally feel that if people want to do that they should do the right thing and at least buy a copy of the game. Nintendo deserves the money for their games. They are the only company putting out bug free games at release that are complete quality. People on here will bitch constantly about poor quality releases, but yet not support the only company not putting out trash at launch. Besides, Nintendo first party titles generally hold value well with their physical version. Once you’re done with the game you can flip it and recoup at least half the cost.

As for hardware, Nintendo is the only company that makes money off their hardware, even at launch. I wish they would invest the money in making a higher performance console. People would pay the money for it, even with Nintendo margins.

Last edited:
I think the main point to why Nintendo doesn't port beyond their system is their late history of using under powered hardware.
Nintendo didn't start using under power hardware until the Wii. Before the Wii, the NES was better than everything at the time. The SNES was able to run Doom, which can only be done on very expensive consoles like the 3DO. N64 was probably the most powerful console compared to the PS1 and Saturn. The Game Cube spanked the Playstation 2, as did the Xbox. The Wii was an overclocked GameCube, and the WiiU was a Xbox 360 that was released when the Xbox One was out. The Switch is under powered but at least it makes sense since it's portable. You'll notice that Nintendo's reluctance to use powerful hardware is about the same time Microsoft jumped in and Sony got big in the gaming market. Nintendo using under powered hardware has more to do with them avoiding direct competition with Sony and Microsoft, by keeping it cheap. This is also when Nintendo decided to go big into motion controls as this was their way to seem unique against Sony and Microsoft.
They have such famous IP that folks will stick with them because of a famous franchise they love and the acceptable cost of hardware with a long expected shelf life. Providing a port that is a big step up over your own hardware would immediately alienate your own fans.
You'll notice that Nintendo are the ones who get emulated the fastest and consistent because they also have fans on the PC side. This is also because emulator authors get a lot of donations from people so they can work on these emulators. I think the Yuzu devs make $17k a month, or so I heard. In fact Yuzu devs limit the bleeding edge changes to only those who donate, and pineappleEA guy takes their latest code and compiles it for others to use without needing donations. The reason you see emulators working for Nintendo hardware a year after the hardware was released is because there's enough people who want to play their games on PC that it's actually profitable through donations alone. Nintendo is already alienating their fans on PC, because they refuse to buy Nintendo's hardware. They just don't matter to Nintendo because they aren't buy the hardware, and likely the games as well. Time for Nintendo to wake up and smell the PCMasterRace. It's smells glorious.

Not all PC gamers care only about the bleeding edge, max graphics experience. Some of them understand that, in order to have a smaller form factor, you trade off with power. This is why the Steam Deck is doing so well.

Honestly, every single person I know that has a $$$$ even middle of the road PC *ALSO* owns a switch. If you can afford a $500+ videocard, you can buy a whole nintendo console for less.

As for emulation, I personally feel that if people want to do that they should do the right thing and at least buy a copy of the game. Nintendo deserves the money for their games. They are the only company putting out bug free games at release that are complete quality. People on here will bitch constantly about poor quality releases, but yet not support the only company not putting out trash at launch. Besides, Nintendo first party titles generally hold value well with their physical version. Once you’re done with the game you can flip it and recoup at least half the cost.
I agree, though calling TOTK bug free isn't accurate. Much less buggy than lots of other releases, but it had a day 1 patch and you can still find bugs. It's reasonable though, like if it never got patched again it would be fine.

As for hardware, Nintendo is the only company that makes money off their hardware, even at launch. I wish they would invest the money in making a higher performance console. People would pay the money for it, even with Nintendo margins.
For sure, it is one of the most annoying things about them. Like even if you aren't going to make a proper "Switch 2" or whatever, release a new version of the existing one. Same chip, just a new process that allows higher clocks and then have an option to allow for increasing clocks, or keeping them lower for longer life. Particularly increase clocks when plugged in, let the thing spin up as mucha s it can.

Sadly they won't, and also with regards to a proper Switch 2/Switch Pro/whatever they made some REALLY boneheaded design moves, the biggest being that they bake the drivers for the hardware directly into the code of the games, so they are not portable to new hardware. No idea why they thought that was a good idea, we haven't done that shit since the DOS/SVGA days. Abstracting the drivers from the software to the OS is a good idea, even on fixed platforms and it is what the other consoles do. It also means that doing something like what the Series X and PS5 did is much easier. While some things are going to be f'd up and have to run in a hardware compatibility mode, most can be easily extended to use the new hardware and thus look/run better.

They just don't matter to Nintendo because they aren't buy the hardware, and likely the games as well. Time for Nintendo to wake up and smell the PCMasterRace. It's smells glorious.
I would also add that it is NOT entitled for people to be asking for shit like 1080p60 in 2023. I get a little tired of the "oh gamers are so entitled they should just be happy!" No, really it is perfectly reasonable to say "My cellphone can do this, I'd like a Switch that can too, or to be able to run it on another system that can." It is not an unreasonable ask. Fundamentally the games simple, cell shaded, visuals are a fine aesthetic choice and work very well. However they are held back by low resolution, lack of aniso filtering, and low framerate. Looking at those emulator videos it is amazing how much better it looks when it is able to have just those things changed. Keep the aesthetic, just unchain it from old hardware.

Maybe just maybe this will inspire them to release the switch 2 on non potato quality hardware.

Something like 2060 level of performance…

Not all PC gamers care only about the bleeding edge, max graphics experience.
Most gamers aren't. That's why the GTX 1060 is still near the top most used GPU on Steam. Most gamers are either about the most cost effect setup, or the cheapest setup. The difference is that nobody with a RTX 2060 is online telling people how great it is. That's usually reserved for the RTX 4090 owners.
Some of them understand that, in order to have a smaller form factor, you trade off with power.
You going small form faster isn't going to trade performance, but usability. I don't have a full ATX case plus motherboard for power, but because I can fit so much crap in there without cursing a storm.
This is why the Steam Deck is doing so well.
The Steam Deck is doing well because it's cheap, and plays ALL the games. I don't have to wait for Nintendo to emulate their games on the Switch that I gotta pay for... again. Not only it can play most Steam games, but it can play ALL the classic games from Sony, Sega, Microsoft, and of course Nintendo. It won't prevent me from modifying it, or ban me if I do.

Honestly, every single person I know that has a $$$$ even middle of the road PC *ALSO* owns a switch. If you can afford a $500+ videocard, you can buy a whole nintendo console for less.
Yea, no. If I can afford to buy a $500 PC then for the price of a Switch I can buy a better GPU or a Steam Deck. I have a Switch because I'm into modifying portable consoles. As much as I love my laptops, it's not easy to game on the go without carrying around a gamepad and mouse. My original Gameboy has a backlit screen and a chip that makes the speakers louder. My GameBoy Advance SP and DS have SD card slot cartridges to put whatever I want on them. My PSP is modified with custom games, emulators, and etc. The Switch I have took their place because it was more powerful, but now that Valve released the Steam Deck there's no point ever going back to any portable Nintendo hardware.
Maybe just maybe this will inspire them to release the switch 2 on non potato quality hardware.

Something like 2060 level of performance…
At this point a Switch 2 or Pro isn't enough to entice me. Hopefully Valve releases a Deck 2 based on AMD's new mobile 7000 series chips, because that would be more exciting than an upgraded Switch.

I just wish that when they released the OLED model they would have at least tossed a marginally better chip w/ DLSS support. If you had AI upscaling with these games on the Switch with the current hardware it could likely look pretty good.

I just wish that when they released the OLED model they would have at least tossed a marginally better chip w/ DLSS support. If you had AI upscaling with these games on the Switch with the current hardware it could likely look pretty good.
I was very disappointed when the OLED Switch came out. I was excited when I initially heard about a new switch because I'm precisely the kind of crazy who's game to spend money again just to get an upgrade. But then when it came out and the only difference was the screen... Nah. I mean it is a nicer screen no doubt and maybe if I played portable all the time I'd care more but it wasn't worth it to me to replace mine. Now OLED + upgraded hardware? Hell ya, even if it was double the price probalby.

Wait what is yuzu and how do I get that and the latest Zelda to run on my pc?

Emulator or something?

I just now finally got an OLED model with the TOTK Switch release and the difference in handheld is quite nice. Especially on games with lots of colors that pop. I've pretty much only played Theatrhythm in handheld so far though.

I finally feel comfortable with modding my launch day Switch, which I had to rebuild a few years back because the fan was going bad.

They'd make a fuckton more if they ported it to PC, and Xbox, and Playstation. The Switch is not only extremely outdated, but being out done by Steam Deck and clones like Asus Rog Ally. Just Nintendo unwilling to adapt to the times.
Amen.
Nintendo is all in on getting 30% of games sales from 3rd party games. That is why they don't port their games to all platforms. Hardware sales don't make up much money as supposedly game consoles have extremely low margins or next to none. The Switch is so old that by now Nintendo should be making a decent profit.

Lets be more honest, you could buy a Switch or a Steam Deck that can play Switch games even better. The Steam Deck can also play other games too, and you don't need to mod it to do so. The Steam Deck is $50 more, but it also has twice as much storage and more than one way to expand that storage. Buying a Switch in 2023 is a joke. The Steam Deck is just one of many choices now that you can choose to play games portable. There's also nothing wrong with buying a graphics card for the price of a Switch, because there's a good chance it'll run too many circles around the Switch and plays more games too.

It's just smart for Nintendo to port their games at least to PC. I keep saying I'm going to buy a Steam Deck, but I will buy a Steam Deck and that's going to be my all in one solution to my portable gaming needs. My Switch collects dust as is, because it just plays so much better on PC. My PC isn't exactly modern by today's standards either. I've played Switch games on a Intel Core i5-5300U with HD Graphics 5500 on Linux. Linux has working Vulkan drivers for the HD 5500 graphics, so that's why I can get away with it. You can run Switch games on basically any PC, so no need to buy a $350 graphics card. If you want enhanced graphics then a GTX 1060 is gonna do just fine. I'm sure if Nintendo ported their games to PC, they would be terribly unoptimized ports. God of War on PC is extremely unoptimized, but hey at least it was ported. My Ryzen 3500U laptop runs Switch games like butter.
Yup. I haven't bothered emulating the switch because, to be honest, it doesn't have a single game that I want to play that isn't on a different platform too (I have no plans on ever playing Breath of the Wild or Tears of the Kingdom - 25 years without Zelda and I'm not going back). I like Mario Kart fine, but that's a party game, and the friends I would play it with HAVE a switch - no need for me to pick one up. And I don't game on the go ever.
I don't see a problem with being entitled. You see how Sony and Microsoft ported their games to PC? That's not a charity but because they know some people aren't going to buy consoles when they have a perfectly fine PC.
Agreed. I finally got a PS5 for a handful of games (Demon Souls remake, bloodborne at steady 30fps, Horizon Forbidden West (god I miss PC controls on this one), we'll see what else comes out) - but my last console was a PS4 and I had exactly FOUR games for it - only one of which I actually played (TLOU) till 3 months ago (when I finally fired up Bloodborne). I buy consoles for a few exclusives - everything else is on PC.
A perfectly fine PC that will eventually get a PS4 emulator, which will allow people to pirate their games. There's a reason you don't see a PS4 emulator still, and that's because there's less of a reason to make one now that Sony ported some games over to PC.
Agreed. Although when it finally comes it'll be a lot easier to build - because it's just a PC inside.
Microsoft ported their games on PC the same day it's released for Xbox, but that's mostly because Xbox isn't doing well compared to Playstation.
And MSFT likes money. Lots of money. And subscription revenue on game pass.

The switch OLED screen is nicer than the steam deck. Any game on both I prefer on the switch OLED due to the screen, besides the fact that the switch is just a better portable.

Now if only they actually made a game I had any interest in playing.
Yup. Agreed. I'd buy a real console from Nintendo - I had a gamecube, absolutely LOVED that system. I had an N64, but was disappointed in it (not enough space to make what they figured out how to make on the PSX). My SNES is beloved. I had a wii, but I don't do motion gimmicks and that's all it was. A real console would also get more games that I'd actually want to play... :(

Nintendo didn't start using under power hardware until the Wii. Before the Wii, the NES was better than everything at the time. The SNES was able to run Doom, which can only be done on very expensive consoles like the 3DO. N64 was probably the most powerful console compared to the PS1 and Saturn. The Game Cube spanked the Playstation 2, as did the Xbox. The Wii was an overclocked GameCube, and the WiiU was a Xbox 360 that was released when the Xbox One was out. The Switch is under powered but at least it makes sense since it's portable. You'll notice that Nintendo's reluctance to use powerful hardware is about the same time Microsoft jumped in and Sony got big in the gaming market. Nintendo using under powered hardware has more to do with them avoiding direct competition with Sony and Microsoft, by keeping it cheap. This is also when Nintendo decided to go big into motion controls as this was their way to seem unique against Sony and Microsoft.
As I stated. I think the main point to why Nintendo doesn't port beyond their system is their late history of using under powered hardware.

Talk about entitlement.
Entitlement is only used as a negative nowadays, but I do think customers are entitled to a good user experience, and some respect from the company who literally lives off of them. But nintendo has zero respect for the consumer, and especially enthusiasts. The relationship between nintendo and its customers is the most frigid and distant of any gaming company. They keep the plebs at arms length all the time, and whip them if they step out of line just an inch. The only reason they get away with it is because the casual market with no awareness of nintendo's shady practices. Just like apple, they get away with being anti consumer, because their consumers lack self respect. And if this makes you angry as a nintendo customer, good, that's a first step, now you just need to aim your anger at the right target. Don't be angry at me for saying it, be angry at nintendo for taking you for granted and treating you like dirt.

Entitlement is only used as a negative nowadays, but I do think customers are entitled to a good user experience, and some respect from the company who literally lives off of them. But nintendo has zero respect for the consumer, and especially enthusiasts. The relationship between nintendo and its customers is the most frigid and distant of any gaming company. They keep the plebs at arms length all the time, and whip them if they step out of line just an inch. The only reason they get away with it is because the casual market with no awareness of nintendo's shady practices. Just like apple, they get away with being anti consumer, because their consumers lack self respect. And if this makes you angry as a nintendo customer, good, that's a first step, now you just need to aim your anger at the right target. Don't be angry at me for saying it, be angry at nintendo for taking you for granted and treating you like dirt.
Then don't buy their games. Vote with your wallet.

I haven't finished one since LTTP on SNES, or the Seasons one on GBC. OOT was bad, Majora's mask was worse, and that ended Zelda for me.
The last one I tried was Skyward Sword. I got bored like I always have with Zelda and ended up dropping it. I might finish the ones I've left hanging but, I don't intend on bothering with any of the new ones.

Then don't buy their games. Vote with your wallet.
It makes no difference when there are legions of uncaring buyers. I have never bought anything from Valve. I have long since quit buying from Nintendo. Easy to see how that's coming along.

The last one I tried was Skyward Sword. I got bored like I always have with Zelda and ended up dropping it. I might finish the ones I've left hanging but, I don't intend on bothering with any of the new ones.

It makes no difference when there are legions of uncaring buyers. I have never bought anything from Valve. I have long since quit buying from Nintendo. Easy to see how that's coming along.
Nintendo lost me with Skyward sword. It was the first Zelda I didn't finish. Hell I only managed to get through the 1st dungeon before throwing in the towel. Yes it won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Too many people believe Nintendo can do no wrong when I fact they do a shit ton wrong. I will relent in TotK and acknowledge it is a good game. They fixed a lot of my issues with BotW. It is what BoTW should of been. BotW will still remain a turd to me.

Second step after voting with your wallet is to stop caring.

There is this weird “thing” in which everybody thinks that they must be the target audience. And that all games are designed for them. They aren’t. There is no such thing as a game that is 100% absolutely loved.

Hate Nintendo, their policies, their games, whatever? Don’t buy their products. And stop caring about what they do. It’s really not that hard.

Fill in the blank for every other game dev you take issue with on the planet.

Nintendo lost me with Skyward sword. It was the first Zelda I didn't finish. Hell I only managed to get through the 1st dungeon before throwing in the towel. Yes it won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Too many people believe Nintendo can do no wrong when I fact they do a shit ton wrong. I will relent in TotK and acknowledge it is a good game. They fixed a lot of my issues with BotW. It is what BoTW should of been. BotW will still remain a turd to me.
I just couldn't stand how dumbed down they got with OOT and MM - which was limitations of the hardware and engine - and they never really seemed to come back from that.

Between playing jedi survivor and totk, I've been playing way more totk. Except for a few areas with slowdown I would say 95% of the game so far has been consistently thr same expected experience in terms of gameplay and fps consistency. I've forgotten what near trouble free out of the box games should feel like tbh. I've also been playing heavily on the switch opposed to emulator due to portability. I like the 60fps and smoothness and responsiveness of my pc but being able to put my 4 month old to sleep while making totk progress has been a good plus. Also my switch is a day 1 launch edition from so long ago and still going strong which amazes me

Looks like I'm going to have to verify this on my own to see if a 115w RTX 2060 and a 6 core i7-10750H.

I can’t get stable 60 most of the time. In town it’s high 20’s on my desktop it’s obviously 60 locked though.

Back