One comp on network has very slow transfer speeds

Bunkalnarf

Weaksauce
Alright just did a fresh insall of WinXP on a AMD Duron box I just got. The only problem is the network speeds are TERRIBLE. This is the only comp on my network with this problem. The card its using is a D-Link DFE-538TX. I am trying to copy Open Office 2.0 installer from this computer to the problamatic one and its saying 40 mins and it says 93mins for some pics. Thats crazy if anyone has some advice please tell me

check the speed and duplex settings. Make sure the switch is set to the same thing as the PC; if they are both set to auto, try hard-setting them both to 100/full. If that fails, try a different network cable or a different port in your switch.

Alright I changed the Link Speed/Duplex Mode to 100 Full mode. That did speed things up but not by much. I also tried switching the port on my routeur that did nothing.

Try changing it to 100Mb half-duplex.

If that doesn't work...

Bad cable.
Bad driver.
Bad application.

Start at the top. Try a different cable first, if still the same try a newer or older driver, if it's still dog ass slow try to use FTP instead of windows networking to transfer files.

Well Its dog ass slow on one like 2 hours to copy 200meg file and the other one is slow it takes 5 mins to copy 200meg file

Back