Once you get a single warning you're banned from the forum permanently?

peppergomez

2[H]4U
FrgMstr sent me warning on Dec 2nd for posting a political comment outside of the soapbox subforum. That was fair b/c it was political. I haven't had access to that forum since then though.

"[H]ard|Forum utilizes Xenforo's WARNING system. If you break a rule, you will receive a warning. Three warning points in a 30-day period will result in an automatic one-week ban. Warnings expire after 30 days but remain part of your permanent record if that warning was assigned a point(s) to begin with. Only you and the mod/admin team can see the warnings in your profile."

Based on that, shouldn't I have access to the forum still? That is my only warning I've received. I haven't followed up w/ FrgMstr to ask, figured I'd find out here first.

It's the Real World News forum (I think that is what it's called) that I'm asking about.

Thanks.

how about @ing him or an email has sorted it for me in minutes, usually... or pm him or anything before starting a thread.

OK will do thx, I mainly wanted to find out if I should have access before messaging him

Sounds like paying for Genmay access isn't worth it. Thanks for the feedback Peppergomez.

This was for the Real World News forum if I recall correctly. I never paid for a GenMay subscription.
If you haven't paid for genmay you don't get access to the soapbox. You have to pay to make political posts here. That has nothing to do with your warning.

Why would fifteen dollars 'merican exempt anyone from any rule, though.

Soapbox is a forum specifically for discussion on politics. It is the only place that discussion type is allowed, and you must be a genmay subscriber to post there. Don't join if you can't stomach other people's thoughts and don't know how to back yours up with facts, though!

The rule is no political discussion outside soapbox. The sub grants access to GenMay, which has several forums, one of which being soapbox. Political discussion isn't allowed in GenMay either, except in soapbox.

Immediately after the warning, some of the threads in Real Life Stuff section disappeared for me. There was a news and events forum for general tech posts that I no longer have access to. It was not the genmay or soapbox forum.

Yeah, iirc Kyle has in the past removed the ability for some users to post in the Tech News forum, for various reasons. He must've thought it was a blatent disregard for the rules if he nuked the whole section from your account.

To start, I'd recommend reading the forum rules over again if you haven't already. As for whether he restores access...we'll see. I think your attitude is good, anyway. Just gotta be more careful in the future.

FrgMstr can tell you when he has the chance. I would just wait until he can chime in when he has time.

This probably should have escalated to the mods before now.

Yeah, iirc Kyle has in the past removed the ability for some users to post in the Tech News forum, for various reasons. He must've thought it was a blatent disregard for the rules if he nuked the whole section from your account.

To start, I'd recommend reading the forum rules over again if you haven't already. As for whether he restores access...we'll see. I think your attitude is good, anyway. Just gotta be more careful in the future.
Thanks I sent him a message. That was the only time I've ever posted like that there.

Back