Once upon a time, there was a little computer called X-Qpack...

The story begins with the federation of computer parts....
Shot3.jpg

............Some were big...and some were small..............
Shot2.jpg

Some stayed the same, while others felt like a change...
Shot4.jpg

Slowly,...they began to organize...and come together.....
Shot5.jpg

........Finding a common calling...they joined forces........
Shot6.jpg

.......................So,...They took shelter.........................
Shot7.jpg

......................And They found a home.........................
Shot8.jpg

......................They rearranged a few things..................
cabling.jpg

......................They could see through the windows.......
Driversside.jpg

......................Made sure they had plenty of ducting......
Exhaust.jpg

......................They looked to the sky..........................
Sunroof.jpg

......................And they sat back and enjoyed the view..
CurbAppeal.jpg

And so the story goes...and they all lived happily ever after...Well, except for the Enermax Liberty thats getting replaced with an Ultra X2 titanium...

:cool:

Yeah...I'm kinda diggin' it...$2,400 spent...not too bad...throw a little OC in there and...well,...so much for the $4,000 roadster or speedster or whatever its called... :)

thespymaster said:
Yeah...I'm kinda diggin' it...$2,400 spent...not too bad... :)

holy shiz. i lost track of how much i spend, too confusing ;) Think im gonna grab an xfi though...think its worth it over an audigy 2?

Ya know...I've been chasing technology since about 1992...just for kicks...I totaled all of my invoices from newegg the other day...just a little over $24,000. That doesn't include Monarch, ZZF, and a few others...as [H]ard as I am...the journey is becoming weary...I figured...I'd just scrap the old system...and build 1 kick a$$ box that should hold me over for a couple of years. I'm sure I'll keep getting the next best video card...but, for all intents and purposes...this is it for a few years so, I figured I'd better make it good...and yes...the X-fi IS worth it... :D

that looks sweet dude,

what did you do, mod the venus into it

(is that a venus mobo in the backround?)

2gigs said:
that looks sweet dude,

what did you do, mod the venus into it

(is that a venus mobo in the backround?)

DFI RS482...I should get the Opty 175 tomorrow then I'll install it along with that Zalman 7000B-cu in the background...I changed the Blue LED fan that came with the qpack and put in a red one...with the red mobo and video card...it should look sweet. Now, if I could only find a red PCB'ed wireless NIC... :(

huum, you want a red one,

you can make a box for it that sorrunds it, and is red

and also, the dfi is matx

and last is it a crossfire mobo

And last of last, are you shure the zalman will fit in thare

QUOTE - you can make a box for it that sorrunds it, and is red

Ghetto...

QUOTE - and also, the dfi is matx

I know...that's what goes into a Qpack...

QUOTE - and last is it a crossfire mobo

Um...no...it's not...

QUOTE - And last of last, are you shure the zalman will fit in thare

Yup... :D

that kinda looks like a bad spot to put your Q-pack. not much room to push the air out, so it'll just get trapped around the back, and also hang around longer because of the overhang and close quarters of the shelves.

My fucking God. I just out of curiosity looked up how much I've spent.....54K!! My first invoice was back in 2000. :( Man what I could do with that money if i had it back...

[BB] Rick James said:
My fucking God. I just out of curiosity looked up how much I've spent.....54K!! My first invoice was back in 2000. :( Man what I could do with that money if i had it back...

That's what I'm talking about...I'm just glad the wife doesn't realize how much I've spent... ;)

synaps3 said:
My total is around $400 from the past 2 years :D

Then again, I am only 18...
:rolleyes: ;)

Iv probably got $3500 into comp stuff the past two years, and Im only 16

:eek:

yes, i bought it with my own money...

Nice Qpack BTW.

Master,

i have just bought a qpack and am new, the force in me is strong but i am doubting wether or not my 64 freezer pro will fit in, i dont have the qpack yet and am wondering if you could enlighten me, it sits from top to bottom at 115mm and 110mm wide.
also i just cant decide what board and processor to buy. i am an inch away from a opty 146 but dont know what board to mate it with.

Thank you.

looks good by the way

L1ght said:
:rolleyes: ;)

Iv probably got $3500 into comp stuff the past two years, and Im only 16

:eek:

yes, i bought it with my own money...

Nice Qpack BTW.

not to derail the thread but how do you make that much $$ at 16 lol

garet jax said:
not to derail the thread but how do you make that much $$ at 16 lol
I worked part time for a year, with no expenses. ;) Adds up fast. :D

Geesh and I feel guilty about spending $800 on my recent new system, the SFF in my signature. Only thing I reused was the Minuet case. I didn't tell my wife because she never uses the smaller system cause it used to run Linux (only system I could NOT get Windows to load onto).

Only thing is now the M$ mouse stays lit with the system off, and the KVM switch now doesn't automatically pick the machine first powered on like it used to.

BTW, I like the 21" Gateway too.....I WANT ONE!!

Ah ha,...Finished...well,...except for replacing the PSU with an Ultra X2 550w Titanium once it arrives...(Tues. - Weds.)

Back