Once ETH goes to Proof of Stake, what will be the next coin to mine on GPU?

jfreund

[H]ard|Gawd
The projection is that in November, Ethereum will go to proof of stake, making GPU mining obsolete.

So, what cryptocurrency do we think will be the next to gobble up the available GPU supply?

that will be a pain, i also dont know what then.we dont all have money to buy asic and all sorts of hardware for mining, damit

That is when the big mining datacenters take over, wasn't it like that witjh bitcoin and some company in China owned over 30% of the block chain?

I started mining Ether, but gave up and switched to Hush. Mining and holding. It has better profit on Nvidia cards and a potential to grow. Max supply is only 21.000.000 just like Bitcoin. Hope it takes off :)

Is there any good sites to track or try to show what coin might be the next best thing? Or is it more just completely random that one takes off? Wasn't it a year or 2 ago Dark Coin was supposed to go huge but never did, DogeCoin got sponsorship in Nascar but never went anywhere after that...

I spent a few days and mined 16k Musicoin. Might switch over for a few more days and bump that a good amount more.

Is there any good sites to track or try to show what coin might be the next best thing? Or is it more just completely random that one takes off? Wasn't it a year or 2 ago Dark Coin was supposed to go huge but never did, DogeCoin got sponsorship in Nascar but never went anywhere after that...

Uhmm, darkcoin was renamed to dash and dash went to almost 200 a coin.

I at one point in time had 3300 darkcoin/dash that I sold way too early. All I have to say about that is, never listen to anyone you don't know in person and even then do your own research.

The next best thing out there takes a lot of research and gut feelings. I've been pretty lucky with that and very unlucky on when to sell.

Crypto sucks, more of an addiction than a hobby.

monero is doing well and seems to be holding a long term value of sorts. I can see a lot of GPU power being thrown there.

I spent a few days and mined 16k Musicoin. Might switch over for a few more days and bump that a good amount more.

you must have a lot of hash power. I would switch though as that coin is unlimited and there are mega tons of it already mined. if you read what the developers want for the coin it is meant to be nearly worthless.

you must have a lot of hash power. I would switch though as that coin is unlimited and there are mega tons of it already mined. if you read what the developers want for the coin it is meant to be nearly worthless.

Honestly I didn't read a whole lot into it. I just saw it'd be easy to stack coins quick for a bit before difficulty shot up at all. Goal was to mine 10k of them, and then I ended up forgetting to switch things back one day, hah

Don't forget guys/gals Ethereum Classic (ETC) is still out there and will not go PoS when Ethereum (ETH) does. ETC is not as valuable as ETH, but now may be the time to take a look at it...

Don't forget guys/gals Ethereum Classic (ETC) is still out there and will not go PoS when Ethereum (ETH) does. ETC is not as valuable as ETH, but now may be the time to take a look at it...

No. It was dead the minute the fork came, only hope and hype is keeping it alive as a pump because those with coins pre fork wanted to continue milking it. Hashing power put into the chain is a lost cause in my opinion. The fact that newbs are still dumping money into it is a head shaker.

From a mining perspective, if you can make money mining it, knock yourself out. Mine whatever will get the most profit. But don't hold it for crying out loud.

There's a proposal out there at the moment to allow for more anonymity on the ETC network which may cause more people to look at it. Just another thing to think about. I don't have any ETC and I'm not mining it, but it's just another option.

ZEC and hushcoin are the two I am looking at after ETH goes to POS. Actually, one rig is on ETH and SC while my other rig is going to do either ZEC or Hushcoin, haven't decided yet.

I'm mining Monero and Etherium for fun at the moment...

Hopefully Monero does well

Its too bad everyone is just focused on what fotm coin can make them some money and not what these digital assets can actually do for people. Trustless transactions, world-wide value transfer without someone like western union...

I like DASH & Eth tbh but mine Burst, Eth and Zcash right now.

But I use nvidia hardware. I cash out Zcash monthly for ROI and long ETH, DASH.

Burst getting moved into Bitcoin.

I'm for Monero. The cryptonight algorithm is designed to work with GPUs and CPUs. In fact, Monero is what I mine now. I then exchange to Eth.

Its too bad everyone is just focused on what fotm coin can make them some money and not what these digital assets can actually do for people. Trustless transactions, world-wide value transfer without someone like western union...
Some believed big in Litecoin. After bitcoin everything else i just a pretender. Eth I don't have long term faith in after what happened with litecoin and some of the others. I did mine Eth for a while late last year and dug out a wallet and went on vacation with the accidental money I found after coming across the news that it went big. I'm going to point a small amount of power at some coins and auto convert into BTC for my longer term holding and not put much real thought into it until I see BTC all over news again because it cracked $10k or something silly that will eventually happen.

Some believed big in Litecoin. After bitcoin everything else i just a pretender. Eth I don't have long term faith in after what happened with litecoin and some of the others. I did mine Eth for a while late last year and dug out a wallet and went on vacation with the accidental money I found after coming across the news that it went big. I'm going to point a small amount of power at some coins and auto convert into BTC for my longer term holding and not put much real thought into it until I see BTC all over news again because it cracked $10k or something silly that will eventually happen.
I pretty much do the same thing, but i dont mine anymore. I just buy a set amount of bitcoin every week for long term speculation.

Back