Once again BATTLEFIELD 2

Hupo

[H]ard|Gawd
Of course Bf2 is getting screwy(d'ling war rock now lmao) and when i exit out of the game it takes a while to cut out. then my mouse freezes for 8 secs. Im not understanding whats going on with this. For 1024 mb of ram that i have. What sould my paging file be? And what should my ccc be set at?? Please post suggestions ty

my 3dmark05 was in the mide 5 thousands. Is that good for my setup??VVV ty

You need atleast 2 gigs for bf2 to exit fast. When I had 1 gig it would take like 20 seconds to unload from memory. Now it takes like 3 seconds.

Thats what i was thinking. TY. Well gonna go buy 2x 512 ty

u wanna try to avoid using the pagefile at all costs...if u really have to. set it to like 1gig...
1.5 gig works with BF2... but if ur gonna buy more ram ur probaly better off buying the extra gig... why not buy 1x1024

I had a low virtual memory error the other day even with 2 GIGS or RAM. So I turned on my virtual memory again. :( I forgot what I was doing to get the error though. The virtual memory is only their in case I use all of my 2 GIGS of RAM. It is a saftey net.

I'd just get the ram. Not bother messing with the page file. Probably smoother with textures on high too. If you already got two sticks in and are putting in two more remember to change the command rate to 2T. I'd do it before you put them in even so you're sure it will boot.

xFuryofFivex said:
u wanna try to avoid using the pagefile at all costs...if u really have to. set it to like 1gig...
1.5 gig works with BF2... but if ur gonna buy more ram ur probaly better off buying the extra gig... why not buy 1x1024
Because my HP is dual channel so id have to buy 2....... For the gig of ram i have what should my paging file be set to? mine is 2048 min and max.......

texuspete00 said:
I'd just get the ram. Not bother messing with the page file. Probably smoother with textures on high too. If you already got two sticks in and are putting in two more remember to change the command rate to 2T. I'd do it before you put them in even so you're sure it will boot.
Directions on how to do that? ty

It should be in the bios but it's an HP so I dout they would include options like that. Check if it's there, if not barrow some sticks from a friend and try them out. It may default to 2T automatically.

Hupo said:
Because my HP is dual channel so id have to buy 2....... For the gig of ram i have what should my paging file be set to? mine is 2048 min and max.......

yeah but u dont need to run dual channel.. unless thats something that your dying to do

if your running XP ..it can manage its own memory fairly well ..
I just let it do its thing ..I run 2 1gig sticks , winxp 64-bit and let windows manage the pagefile.

I also put in msconfig>system.ini>[386h]

ConservativeSwapfileUsage=1

..its supposed to tell windows to use all available physical memory before touching the swapfile ...but it was a tweak for win98 initially and dono if it works the same in XP or its varients .. it doesnt hurt anything anyways with xp ..lol

[H]

Ty, gonna so that now.......
I have 4 slots for ram in my hp, 2 purple 2 blue i think. I think i HAVE to put 2 of whatever in at one time...

for the 1024 mb of ram i have what should by paging file be at?

I have 4 slots for ram in my hp, 2 purple 2 blue i think. I think i HAVE to put 2 of whatever in at one time...
You will get the most performance out of your system by removing the two 512MB modules and replacing them with two 1GB modules to avoid the 2T command rate penalty. You only "have" to if you want to run in dual channel mode (which yields the best performance). Find the motherboard model and check the specifications, as this may not be in the HP documentation. Check out the memory forum for particulars and comprehensive discussion on the matter.

for the 1024 mb of ram i have what should by paging file be at?
Unless you have gone into the Virtual Memory (Cont. Panel-->System-->Advanced-->Settings-->Virtual Memory) and alltered the XP default, Windows is currently managing the size based on needs. There are many opinions regarding this, but if you stay with 1GB of RAM, you will notice no discerable difference by leaving it were it currently is. If you want to play around with it, I find that 512min/1024max. is a nice round figure. Again, swing by the memory forum for a more expansive discussion.

Good luck.

Back