Onboard VGA in conjunction with 2 Dual-Link cards?

jen4950

[H]F Junkie
Contemplating my new system here..

Planning on 2 30" Dells side by side on a Pair of high-end video cards (Dual Link), and was wandering if I can run my old 19" LCD off the onboard VGA port? Would there be any performance losses etc?

The idea is to work off the 2 x 30's and keep IM windows and popups stationed on the 19"- so all of that crap can be turned off with a power switch when I don't want to be distracted. I have 2 monitors now and love the multitasking it allows.

sorry, but i doubt it would work, there would be huge driver conflicts... ive tried this and it nvr worked for me, but u may have luck, i mean u can try

Some motherboards auto disable the onboard video when you install a video card. Other then that it should work. Thing is you can always run the 19 inch lcd off one of the other videos cards.

coolxboxgamer said:
sorry, but i doubt it would work, there would be huge driver conflicts... ive tried this and it nvr worked for me, but u may have luck, i mean u can try

I have a client running a dell dimension 2350 with onboard vga.
He has a 19" CRT attached

We threw in (because of the fact, that, sadly, his board is limited to pci slots)

2 x radeon 9xxx PCI 256mb cardssimilair to this so he could drive 4 of those lovely hanns-G 19" lcd's

2 on dvi
2 on vga

He's running 5 displays right now.
Dell onboard video is, I think, intel 810e media accelerator.
No problem whatsoever.

The Mrs. has 3 x displays on here radeon xpress200 soyo p4-478 board (those ones where everyone got robbed on the rebates) + a 9600 Pro 128mb AGP dvi + vga

Course, those are ALL radeon.

Back