onboard fan

Glyphic

[H]ard|Gawd
is there anything I can do that that @#$@# annoying whurring noise that comes from my fx 5600 fan? Sometimes it will only do it for a few seconds and other times it will be constant, extremely annoying. any ideas?

The reason it is occuring is because your fan is damaged/unbalanced or obstructed in some way. Simple solution is to replace it.

It has made this noise from the day I bought it brand new, oh well, but a quick question about ocing, do I just change the memory/core speeds and see what doesn't crash or overheat? thanks

How I've been told to O'clock is to go this way. When you do go to overclock, go up on the GPU about %10 then go Mhz by Mhz until you get artifacts appearing, then back off a few Mhz under that point, then do the same for the VRam, going Mhz by Mhz until you get artifacts, then backdown. I usually go 5-6mhz under the point where artifacting appears. Artifacts are when things go screwy with the graphics in a game or program you're running. This is what I've read in a lot of the common sense guides to O'clocking.

Back