[On Fire!] 30GB Creative Zen 164.99!

not to sound like a dumbass but how good is the price? whats the usually price?

damn, nice find... if i *needed* it id be all over it... gotta save up for my go7800gtx tho :D

Ninja edit:

usual on froogle is 2-250..

Well $215 is its regular price tag.

Crapple iPods retailed at 300 for the 30 gb models when they came out, and now they are ~240 brand new, so 165 dollars for a ZEN which is infinitely better than the LamePod is a huge steal.

I happen to like my ipod nifty little mp3 players, little overpriced, but the refurbished ones are a steal.

Back On-Topic;

Nice price, would jump but my baby comes first(5.0), needs new tires :D

It's almost twice as thick as and much heavier than the 30GB iPod, but at this price it's a great alternative.

ive had this player for about a year, and its a lot better than the ipod. and i paid double that price.

I own this model and it kicks the crap out of my 2 iPods. That's a great price!!!

Yea i got mine for $200 from BB about a month ago, and i love it. Too bad i cant take it back and get this one for cheaper :(

Crapple iPods retailed at 300 for the 30 gb models when they came out, and now they are ~240 brand new, so 165 dollars for a ZEN which is infinitely better than the LamePod is a huge steal.
:rolleyes:

Isn't today a school day?

does anyone know if creative fixed their soldering problems?

I own zen micro (5GB), and i unfortunately i have the headphone jack problem (caused by crappy soldering job) that a bunch of people have experienced.

Can someone tell me what's so much better than this player over an Ipod? I mean, I know this is a great price...but what makes it *better* than an Ipod?

Can someone tell me what's so much better than this player over an Ipod? I mean, I know this is a great price...but what makes it *better* than an Ipod?
I asked the same thing just now:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1150537

Apparently, by going to this device over an iPod, you gain format compatibility (it supports DivX, Xvid, WMV) and Windows Explorer drag-n-drop media transfer at the expense of size (it's 62% larger), weight (it's 19% heavier), and accessory availability.

I don't mind the added weight and it feels a little more solid than the ipod. The added weight includes an fm tuner and recording is a plus and a built in mic makes it quite useful during classes when I'm too lazy to write notes. Also being able to drag and drop files onto it like an external hard drive is nice too.

http://dapreview.net/zune_vs_ipod_vs_zvm.html

not sure if thats the latest ipod but it gives a good sense of what you get

These are all the reasons I bought the 60GB version recently. I didn't want to be stuck in Apples Proprietary world.
Creative gives you more choices and a few extra additions for people who like to get the most out of their gadgets. This is really the only selling point otherwise these wouldn't be any better than sh^& on a stick..
But, if your a simple minded consumer the IPod is for you..

I asked the same thing just now:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1150537

Apparently, by going to this device over an iPod, you gain format compatibility (it supports DivX, Xvid, WMV) and Windows Explorer drag-n-drop media transfer at the expense of size (it's 62% larger), weight (it's 19% heavier), and accessory availability.

My watch and my pen are heavier than my 60GB Zen. I like the feel of solid gadgets!
Recording meetings is always a life saver!!!

I don't mind the added weight and it feels a little more solid than the ipod. The added weight includes an fm tuner and recording is a plus and a built in mic makes it quite useful during classes when I'm too lazy to write notes. Also being able to drag and drop files onto it like an external hard drive is nice too.

http://dapreview.net/zune_vs_ipod_vs_zvm.html

not sure if thats the latest ipod but it gives a good sense of what you get

yeah, I've been looking at upgrading my mp3 player and considered the Zune, Zen and ipod... the ipod didn't last long bc both the Zune and Zen have better SQ, more features and better video. Sure the ipod is smaller... but it's simply not as good.

But seeing this... my mind has been made!

I sence a bit a bias in this post.... maybe...?

hehe :p

thanks for the find, now to decide if i want to jump on this or my Circuit Analysis book.....

i just bought this and i doesnt seem to have a charger do i have to buy it separate or should it have came with it?

there should be a USB cable. It acts as a file transfer and charger to your PC

Sure, you get a screen that blows the ipod's out of the water (64K vs 292K colors), shorter charge times, better battery life, native divx/xvid support, Mic recording, FM recording, FM tuner, it's DRM friendly, customizable and programmable interface, etc etc. I could go on and on but you get the point. The Vision is simply a better player than the ipod and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply delusional.

Check out my reply in that thread shortly.

out of stock at least with the black ones. Still have white, pink, and blue. For some reason there is no rebate on the green ones.

glad I ordered 2 when I did! :D I've also got 2 BSE's on the way for them, and a pair of Crumpler bags. A small one that will just fit the Vision for the wife and a larger one that will fit my Vision and an amp for me

FYI they have the 60gb version at local frys for 249 AR till tuesday... so $70 for 30gb

any difference in the battery life for the two versions?

dont you :rolleyes: me!
Isn't today a school day?
Want some brain with that wash?
why dont you two go suck this guy off
200601110004.jpg

you get a screen that blows the ipod's out of the water (64K vs 292K colors), shorter charge times, better battery life, native divx/xvid support, Mic recording, FM recording, FM tuner, it's DRM friendly, customizable and programmable interface

well put

but this is also true

It's better because:

Divx/Xvid, mp1,2,4, wmv9, and motion-jpeg video support
DRM friendly
Programmable/Customizable interface and themes
Tivo 2 support
A screen that blows the ipod's out of the water (64K vs 262K colors)
Better battery life
Shorter charge times
FM tuning
FM recording
Mic recording
DRM friendly
Syncs to outlook and acts as an organizer
640x480 TV out (vs the ipod's 320x240)
Supports more formats
Doesn't need specific software to manage files
Linux support
Supports mutiple music stores
Supports mutiple video settings (Fit to screen, stretch to full, etc)
Supports image rotating, zooming, panning, resizing, etc
Acts as a USB host
Customizable EQ (as opposed to the ipod's presets only)
Video and Audio bookmarking

It also plays podcasts just fine (it converts them) and the size isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Most reviews actually prefer the thickness because it's more comfortable to hold. Simply put the Zen is a much better player than the ipod with MANY more features and to say a comparison of the two is a wash is simply ludicrous.

Back