OMG What do I do , this PC is infected with all kind of crap ...

Leo`

Limp Gawd
basically my boss's PC is full of Adware and a couple of trojans , I have tried to run: spydoctor , norton, avg pro, adware, anything and I still get all the same thing . Errors on startup, spyware dll's popping up , all kind of crap .

I think it would just be easier to reformat , the problem is that I don't have the backup disk and the key is a good working key since its a dell so I don't want to run any un-legit stuff on my pc so I need to see what options do I have .

Can you run HijackThis on it, then post the log here? That'll give us a fairly good idea as to what we're dealing with here...

FIRE! And lots of it!! *Dr. Hibert's laugh - heh heh heh*

Boot to safe mode, re-run:

1. Windows Defender.
1b. Reboot - again, safemode (F8 after POST screen)
2. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ <-- guaranteed up-to-date definitions free virus scan
2a. Reboot - again, safemode (F8 after POST screen)
3. Go through add/remove programs and remve suspect applications.

4. Any other steps that you feel like taking - but 1-3 should take care of it!

I don't have a LAN wire connection in my house and the PC only has a Network Adapter thats not wireless so I will put all your ideas to work.

Thank you btw for taking your time to post anything up.

I would format, if you have a dell it will have a COA on it which is licenced for that computer so you don't have to do anything "illegal".

Okay I ran AVG Pro and ran spybot and I ran lavasoft . I ran em 3 times , the last time I ran them they picked up no threats , no viruses , nothing . Nothing pops up at the beginning , no dll file errors , nothing stalling , now it seems good. What other precautions can I take. FYI: I also went into msconfig because system mechanic (fyi that software is a huge piece of crap)
and stopped almost everything besides AVG and Ati utilities .

update at 4am , everything is clear :) i killed every single process that was not needed too :)

Okay I ran AVG Pro and ran spybot and I ran lavasoft . I ran em 3 times , the last time I ran them they picked up no threats , no viruses , nothing . Nothing pops up at the beginning , no dll file errors , nothing stalling , now it seems good. What other precautions can I take. FYI: I also went into msconfig because system mechanic (fyi that software is a huge piece of crap)
and stopped almost everything besides AVG and Ati utilities .

set her account up as a user, not an admin.

I would format, if you have a dell it will have a COA on it which is licenced for that computer so you don't have to do anything "illegal".

That's probably the best idea as long as it has COA on it, which it should. Or you can try to call Dell and order a recovery CD/DVD.

just format , back everything up and format.... the best antiviral of all.

Back