OMG! The Chronicle Closed Beta!!!!

Taken from www.mmocenter.com:

"Starting with the classical medieval fantasy setting, The Chronicle begins where most MMORPGs of the same genre end. Players may choose from one of 27 races, then improve their characters through a robust and varied skill set, free from the shackles of the archaic class system. The terrain isn’t just there to put distance between the dungeons and other eventful places, it’s packed with natural resources and building space to be refined, modified, and controlled by the player population. The excitement isn’t reserved for end-game content, either; the player vs. player action begins whenever the player is ready, whether that’s long enough to build up a powerful character and several allies or right out of the gates on day one.

Each of the races represented in The Chronicle is struggling to regain their former reach and glory in the relatively short period of time since a great wizard almost wiped all life from the world. Though his intent was only to clean away all weaponry, armies, and bloodthirsty conquerors, sinister forces conspired to amplify his spell, magnifying it to catastrophic proportions. That same evil came to dominate the realm after the destructive power of the spell faded away, but the original races of the land are gathering their strength to take back their world."

This game is going to be AMAZING. Check it out!! www.mmocenter.com

Cheers,
Zac

No, system wouldn't let me login with my old user/pass. Wouldn't even find my email address. It'd been awhile since I logged in, but I didn't think it had been that long. Oh well.

Not garbage in any way!

"OMG! I just registered in a forum so I can pimp my own stuff!!" No way! I was invited to tour the Rapid Reality/MMOCenter.com development studio here in Atlanta. It was crazy! Their entire setup is like nothing I've ever seen. I've personally been away from MMO's for a while, but they have single-handedly turned me around. I'm patiently awaiting the new trailer and the closed beta. I can barely contain my excitement at this point! That's why I thought I'd share it with you all. Sorry, if you're not intersted.

Dude, at least try to modify you typing/speech patterns so you don't like a marketing spam-bot. You remind me of reviews the manufacturers do on their own products on review sites.

If im completely misjudging you, please forgive.

Just summing it all up in one thread so you dont have to go digging in a hijacked thread for it...

I dont wish to bother you all more than I need to, by conveying my point clearly as possible and leaving.. as I said in another thread recently...

Point is your lack of professionalism due to many small and telling signs, which also point to lack of funding or intelligent use thereof, leads me to still believe it will be a few rushed pieces of crap or vaporware completely...

By the way change the 'Untitled Page' title on your MAIN PAGE! I hope glaring errors and lack of professionalism that are still there since the page was created so, dont corrolate to your games. "D00D I just crafted a 1700x hyperviper gun with like cherry red paint and a green scope for aiming no bugs no lag, seemless, beautiful... but like the graphic is a pic of an actual Rock Viper (the 20' kind) miniaturzied and stuck on my arm.. clearly a bug"

Get some real boards not UBB if you wanna be taken seriously. I think the only reason I am not banned is due to the fact I have a dynamic IP and you use crap UBB boards that I can post on as a guest anyways?

Point is these games will be pieces of crap churned out by this made up make believe 'new technology' (they obviously could not afford exclusivity to, therefor since itd be public, have no problem talking about it, or we could find it), or its vaporware.

I think it will be the former. 3 games, all the same, little content, weak player driven capabilities that become redundant, and all 3 games are EQ clones at their best, with different titles and skins. That is my piece I really dont care if you believe me or not. I do hope I am wrong and these games rock my socks off, I am like you in that I want awesome new games, but the telling signs of lack of funding, the fact they will pander to the rich and sell in game stuff for real money, on top of other things I have already stated or have yet to dig in to point out because its 1:30AM just leave me to let you all be forewarned... Hope I dont get to say I told you so in year Wink Enjoy.

PS EQ started out not a crappy game to begin with, Runescape is free completely, and FFIX has a name behind it and didnt start out crappy either...

PPS EQ is on a downturn of subscribers, they only had an upturn due to some free activations, but when the cat got out of the bag of them condoning and aiding ebaying stuff on their site they lost subscribers... Lineage is on a huge downturn too. EQ2 isnt having the huge growth ANY other BIG MMORPG is due to the same reason EQ1 is going downhill, SOE providing ebay services... Take a second look and look at all the variables its easy to see...

Pulled this off their forum FWIW. A loan detracter maybe?

Oh yeah, its called a Tram instead of a subway........for tax reasons.

I'm definitely NOT marketing anything. I'd hope I'd do a better job of it, were that the case. I just have a personal interst in their games, especially The Chronicle. I believe it will be like no other game out there. I've got all fingers and toes crossed to be chosen for the closed beta testing.

Nope, haven't read or seen anything about a subway. I don't know how a subway system would fall in-line with a fantasy game anyway.

Fixed the thread title line. Sorry if my excitement antagonizes your pessimism.

*Won't let me change title line. Oh well.

i followed shadowbane for about 2 years before it was released (talk about dates getting pushed back, HL2 has nothing on shadowbane, it had already been pushed back a few times before i got into it), waited for ages, bought it the day it came out, rushed home installed and hopped in, and it was pretty good, worked the way they said for about 2 months, then everyone wanted their own city instead of actually working together, now there's about 90 small cities instead of 12-13 big ones, and everyone attacks whoever starts to grow, no point to it - i quit a long time ago. I was also in on the WoW beta, which screwed me in the long rung, i got so tired of building characters i never sat down and did it for the real WoW i quit at lvl37 and deactivated my account, anyway - my whole point is, don't get too caught up in a game you haven't actually been able to play yet, it's a recipe for disappointment.

Man, you guys sure are nice....

What happened to all of you saying "Gameplay>graphics?"

Huh? I've seen that posted around here quite a few times.

I for one, am looking forward to this game now, thanks for pointing it out.

I suggest you all read the Faq:

http://mmocenter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=251

I've been wanting an mmorpg like this since old UO went bye bye. No restricted class/lv system, pvp, no names/cons, etc.

Defiently going to keep my eye on this one.

Im all for gameplay > graphics
I just dont like spam bots disguised as human beings. Or is that the other way around?

Well, based on looks it looks purty poopey, BUT everyone knows that doesn't matter if there is some great gameplay. Lets hope it has that.

And yes I did read the faq, nothing special there.. It's quite obvious this company has no experience and more importantly no money. In the mmo business that is the first sign of death. You need millions and millions to make an MMO that will actually stand a chance, competition wise.

I just noticed he registered to post this message, he probably is working on the game. You should just be upfront about it and not act like your some fan/groupy. :rolleyes:

This kind of reminds me of a game called "Horizons", an MMO I was looking forward to greatly after reading all about it. Turns out it was the worst MMO I ever played. To be honest, if a new MMO doesn't AT LEAST have the quality level of well made MMOs like Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Final Fantasy XI, and World of Warcraft, why bother? No one is going to play them... at least not for long.

Personally, I think the "no classes, just skills" setup of Ultima Online, and apparently this game as well, doesn't work very well. It tends to diminish the sense of accomplishment, especially when skills decay, and makes it really hard to tell one person from another.

well after reading the FAQ, the game doesn't sound impressive enough to set it apart from the current MMO's. they should've included a screenshot to give us a small hope of light, but hey that's up to them

Astral Abyss said:
This kind of reminds me of a game called "Horizons", an MMO I was looking forward to greatly after reading all about it. Turns out it was the worst MMO I ever played. To be honest, if a new MMO doesn't AT LEAST have the quality level of well made MMOs like Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Final Fantasy XI, and World of Warcraft, why bother? No one is going to play them... at least not for long.

Personally, I think the "no classes, just skills" setup of Ultima Online, and apparently this game as well, doesn't work very well. It tends to diminish the sense of accomplishment, especially when skills decay, and makes it really hard to tell one person from another.

If you didn't know, Horizons before release and after release were pretty much two different games.

The main guy heading up horizions had a hostile takeover and other people came in and hacked his game to pieces.

Also, how the heck does a skill system diminish "accomplishment?"

A skill system imo is far far superior to a restricted class system. It actually gives players choices and doens't force them down a stereotypical pathway like every other single mmorpg.

The skills system is going to be awesome. I know the graphics aren't all there yet guys, but how many pre-beta titles have you seen with perfect everything?

wow most of the people here should just not post anything rather than flame the guy for trying to inform everyone of a new game beta. all it does is make the forum look like it has a bunch of useless noob trolls

i for one am going to check it out. i like new things to try.

and even if he did work for them why should it really even matter? its not like hes selling beta applications "its FREE to signup"

Probably has to do with his choice of words

"This game is going to be AMAZING. Check it out!! "

How are else are supposed to act when someone is trying to sell game that will never make it to retail, and if it does, last no more then a few months before shutting down. ;)

People would get more respect here if they just played straight.

Hi my name is Joe Blow, and im part of the dev team working on this game, "X". I think its really cool, and id like for you guys to come check it out. I hope you'll like it! Thanks!

instead of:

(1st time poster in marketing speech spam mode)
"OMG THERES THIS NEW GAME THATS THE BEST EVER I JUST FOUND IT OUT MYSELF!!!!!1"

Because the OP didnot play straight, I will NEVER even go look at his page. Im not interested.

Steel Chicken said:
"OMG THERES THIS NEW GAME THATS THE BEST EVER I JUST FOUND IT OUT MYSELF!!!!!1"

How it really is...

"zOMG! THERE SI THIS NEW GMAE THATs TEH BESTEST EVAR I JUST fOUND IT OUT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111hotdog LOLOROFLMAOCHOPPAR I PWN."

versello said:
How it really is...

"zOMG! THERE SI THIS NEW GMAE THATs TEH BESTEST EVAR I JUST fOUND IT OUT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111``hotdog"

my bad, LOL

I don't have anything to do with the games industry. I'd love to be involved in game dev, but wouldn't even know where to start.

Their company gave some stuff away at a lan I helped run a few years back. Their offices are about 20 miles from where I live. I recently toured their offices. End of story.

Once more, if you're not interested in checking out the game, then DON'T CHECK OUT THE GAME. Stop being the stereotypical forum flaming jerks that ruin a great community. I think this is the reason I hadn't used HardForum for so long.

nismo_r34 said:
Zacusmaximus' Join Date: 10-20-2005

:rolleyes:

Because it'd be like...impossible to have had an older account but now have a new one, wouldn't it?

zacusmaximus said:
Stop being the stereotypical forum flaming jerks that ruin a great community. I think this is the reason I hadn't used HardForum for so long.

:rolleyes: You have to admit, it looks pretty suspicious joining a board so you can publicise a beta. I agree with Steel Chicken, i'd check out your game. But don't play us all for fools.

the poor guys getting flammed for 1 sentence LoL and its not even that long "amazing game check it out" haha

xdkimx said:
the poor guys getting flammed for 1 sentence LoL and its not even that long "amazing game check it out" haha

hes getting flamed because he thinks were idiots. most people dont respond well to that. lost your old account? click "forgot my password" for the win!

even if he did lose it, the first day back AND his first post is stroking some game in marketing speak.

call me skeptical i guess.

I never called anyone an idiot. You can flame all you want, but don't put words into my mouth.

As I stated before, I tried recovering my old account. I put in every email address I've ever had to no avail. Once again, sorry.

Yes, this was my first post with this username. I wanted to share my interest in this very cool game that's coming out sometime soon. I presumed the Gaming area of HardForum would be a great place to share. It would seem I was wrong.

Once again, if you're not interested, that's cool. Just don't be "that guy". Thanks.

Now back to the REAL topic at hand:

What are some good guild names? Character names? I've got to start planning. :D

Back