OMG SKYRIM!!

Oh man I hope there is only need to change one ini file this time. Steam has a bad habit of forcing us to change 5 different ini files lest one of them overrides the others with the default settings.

LOL, I know it was crazy on New Vegas.

This is such bullshit!!! So I pre order the game today and I am waiting for this shit to load and i leave my computer on for the game to download. Well I get home and my FUCKING COMPUTER IS OFF. I turn it on and the Download says 20% so now it is 12:15 and my stupid fucking computer shut off so now I still ahve to wait a sold 2 hours to let this damn thing download. man I wish i had just waited in line at gamestop or something. This pisses me off so bad.

This is actually pretty tight so far.

The clouds surrounding the first big mountain you exit from, when viewed from a distance, are amazing.

Last edited:
FUCK THIS SHIT!! I am never pre ordering a game from steam again I get the download completed go to encrypt the files then boom I have to Fucking update. WOW!!!!! and the update takes how long you ask?? only 3 FUCKING HOURS.

FUCK THIS SHIT!! I am never pre ordering a game from steam again I get the download completed go to encrypt the files then boom I have to Fucking update. WOW!!!!! and the update takes how long you ask?? only 3 FUCKING HOURS.

I started the download from Steam at 11:30 PM tonight when I got home from work and was playing by 12:55 AM. Get a faster internet package...or stop using wifi.

Is this game good then? or shit like RAGE?

I still haven't left the 1st area yet. I'd still be going but I have to work early. I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to be spending a few hundred hours playing this. That's before I even get around to installing mods. It looks incredible.

One note, don't start the game on the PC with a controller plugged in. It seems to disable most of or maybe all of the keyboard controls.

One note, don't start the game on the PC with a controller plugged in. It seems to disable most of or maybe all of the keyboard controls.

Yep, no surprise there since Fallout 3 did the same thing and it's pretty standard practice in many games for windows titles.

a few things:

1 this game is awesome!
2 those of you having trouble with the controls, i dunno what you messed up but they are fine. the favorites quick menu is handy, and yes, you CAN bind hot keys (1-8) I even like the menus.
3 the animations are great! every once in awhile i notice something that doesnt look natural but for the most part they look good!
4 load times almost non existent (on my 7200 rpm hd, no need to put this sucker on a ssd)
5 the graphics are great. they arent crysis or bf3 but imo they are better at some things

played 6 hours so far and enjoyed every bit of it. I am very happy with my day one purchase. I was very worried this game was going to suck, and my concerns have all washed away. This game is good!

Finally! Work is now over and I am well equipped to survive the weekend. (beer, both strong and not so strong, wine, whiskey, chips, lemonade, sausages, etc...) Skyrim, here I come!!!!

Question about the game. Is it first person perspective or third? I prefer playing RPG in third person POV.

Question about the game. Is it first person perspective or third? I prefer playing RPG in third person POV.

You can pick which you want to play from. There is a first person camera and a third person behind the back one.

I think the greatest thing about Skyrim is the level of diversity in it's players. I picked it up this morning before classes (currently installing), and waiting at the gamestop was a college couple, a wife whose husband had gotten it for her, a father with his son, and of course the usual 2 teenage boys. Was pretty cool waiting outside the gamestop in <50 degree weather with them heh. Can't wait to play..

I'm really enjoying the game about 3.5 hours in. I was worried for a second when I killed three bandits without taking any serious damage (even though they were hacking away on me). I thought the enemies might be too easy. Then I ran into some undead and got my ass kicked. There are still strong enemies in this game.

Also, having the y axis and x axis for mouse sensitivity not in sync is pissing me off. They need to fix that shit.

I think the greatest thing about Skyrim is the level of diversity in it's players. I picked it up this morning before classes (currently installing), and waiting at the gamestop was a college couple, a wife whose husband had gotten it for her, a father with his son, and of course the usual 2 teenage boys. Was pretty cool waiting outside the gamestop in <50 degree weather with them heh. Can't wait to play..

Yup... Saw bunch losers like that lined up in front of Gamestop by my gym last night.... :rolleyes::D:cool:

Also, having the y axis and x axis for mouse sensitivity not in sync is pissing me off. They need to fix that shit.

I havent noticed such a thing. Have you disabled mouse acceleration in Skyrimprefs.ini?

I havent noticed such a thing. Have you disabled mouse acceleration in Skyrimprefs.ini?

Elements of mouse sensitivity seems to be related to FPS (especially after disabling v sync), and it's not just a minor variation in sensitivity either. Going into a small room, looking up and down results with a very high vertical sensitivity. Turning around to look at a fire place with a bunch of characters on screen and the vertical sensitivity is vastly lower.

Consolized menus I can deal with. Broken mouse look is a deal breaker.

Skyrim is a beautiful jewel that I am getting completely lost in. I love it and I play like crazy!!!

Is Skyrim good to buy for PC? I want it for PC but i know some games play better on console than PC (Ass Creed) and i know Skyrim was made on 360 and ported. So i am just curious if THE platform to get it on is PC?

The game seems good, but the UI makes me want to punch babies. I don't understand why I need to go through 4 menus to look at something and the text has to be an inch tall when in morrowind it displayed the same info and yet I could view it all on one screen.

Yeah, Skyrim isn't what I was expecting. True, I've never played any of the Oblivion games before, but I remember Elder Scrolls was supposed to be awesome when it first game out. Even on Ultra settings some of the textures look terrible and overall the graphics are pretty poor. Combat is pretty wonky also, I swing my axe and sometimes connect and other times don't but I can't really see what I'm doing. I gave it a shot but definitely not my cup of tea!

Elements of mouse sensitivity seems to be related to FPS (especially after disabling v sync), and it's not just a minor variation in sensitivity either. Going into a small room, looking up and down results with a very high vertical sensitivity. Turning around to look at a fire place with a bunch of characters on screen and the vertical sensitivity is vastly lower.

Consolized menus I can deal with. Broken mouse look is a deal breaker.

Wierd. My mouse is perfectly fine, vertically and horizontally. :confused: Even during minor FPS dips. I do have Vsync enabled though.

Back