OMG, make it stop

vage

2[H]4U
OK, I had this fixed at one point, but it came back. I don't know what I did to fix it and I don't know what to do now. But how can I stop this fricken "Blocked programs" from blocking all my shit at windows startup in Vista?!?!?!

I can't stand this anymore, every time I restart my computer I have to specifically run at least 3 applications because they are blocked by windows. Please someone has to be able to help me just turn this feature off or something.

Have you tried msconfig.exe? You might be able to enable them there. If that doesn't work, you could always try putting a shortcut in the startup folder in you start menu, if you haven't deleted it yet. If you're on Vista, I believe Windows Defender has some options like you need.

Try Windows Firewall if those programs access the net. I would also try disabling UAC.

Its called UAC and it makes it a PITA for auto-starting apps. Grab CCleaner (or anything else that makes it easy to manage startup apps) and turn off the ones you don't need starting at boot.

That, or turn off UAC. (no matter how great of an idea it is, it still bothers the shit out of me so I keep it off)

start > run > msconfig > tools tab > disable uac > launch button

You can also right click on the program .exe and go to properties, bottom of first page, click on Unblock. This will stop it from asking you to click run for unverified publishers.

You can also right click on the program .exe and go to properties, bottom of first page, click on Unblock. This will stop it from asking you to click run for unverified publishers.
That does not help for some programs like Rivatuner or Everest, which need direct access to hardware (sensors).

Have you tried msconfig.exe? You might be able to enable them there. If that doesn't work, you could always try putting a shortcut in the startup folder in you start menu, if you haven't deleted it yet. If you're on Vista, I believe Windows Defender has some options like you need.

I've tried that but for some reason the "Enable" button is ALWAYS greyed out.

Its called UAC and it makes it a PITA for auto-starting apps. Grab CCleaner (or anything else that makes it easy to manage startup apps) and turn off the ones you don't need starting at boot.

That, or turn off UAC. (no matter how great of an idea it is, it still bothers the shit out of me so I keep it off)

I like having UAC on, because I don't trust my fiance to be on the computer and not screw anything up. I changed the local security policy though to automatically not prompt me and run everything as an administrator for my account though.

I've done this before also, and the unblock isn't there anymore, so that can't be the issue.

I'll try some of the other options mentioned, and see what comes up.

Back