omg, i just got scammed on ebay, buying an A8N32-SLI!!!

Motley

2[H]4U
Well, since I couldn't find that damn board anywhere from an online retailer, i resorted to buying one on ebay. AND I GOT RIPPED OFF!!

I paid $287, and they never sent me the board. I was not the only one either, they sold at least 6-8 boards that NOBODY recevied. I filed a dispute with paypal, and I will eventually get reimbursed.

Ebay Scammers ID: spcgeeks

This the the email that I receved from spcgeeks, when I left a negative feedback, and filed a dispute.

-----------------------------------------------------------
MR Mandel,

I apologize for the massive delay. I planned this auction to end on the day I was told by my distributors that I'd receive the boards. Unfortunately, that obviously did not happen. I created the shipping label in an attempt to buy some time to get the boards from my distributors.
I can see by the feedback left that you'd like to get a full refund back for the purchase and I am more than happy to do so. However, I cannot refund your money to you until the paypal dispute is closed. If you close it, I will have your money refunded in full, shipping included, within the hour. If the paypal dispute is not closed it may take a couple of days to get your money after paypal reviews the case. If this sounds okay to you, then please let me know.
------------------------------------------------------------

Ya right dude, like I would "cancel" my dispute so they can refund my $$$. I told him to shuv it, and I will get my money from paypal. :mad:

I was about to order from him, luckily i found one @ mwave.com got lucky! good luck with your money..! :(

Jasonx82 said:
I was about to order from him, luckily i found one @ mwave.com got lucky! good luck with your money..! :(

lol, you gotta be kidding me!!, ya I will find one eventually, NEVER on ebay again though!!

Eh. I'm not defending the dude, but the "drop your Paypal dispute" thing might be due to the fact that Paypal is notoriously brutal when it comes to complaints. Like they probably froze his bank account (they can do that somehow!), making refunds hard.
But seriously...who sells stuff they don't have yet!? Get the motherboards first...THEN sell 'em!! :eek:

Exacly what i said, in fact, hear was my response to his email:

Absolutley FREEKING NOT dude!! You CANNOT sell an item you claim is -In Stock Ready to Ship-. And you DON'T Have these boards? I emailed everyone that was sold a board from you, and NOBODY has recieved it yet!! What's wrong with you? I hope you get your FREAKING ebay account closed, and I hope paypal freezes your checking accounts!!

You're lucky I don't come out to California and smack you in the head!

btw, I'm trying to spread the word about this guy, so i am posting this on several other forums i belong to.

I'm not trying to rub it in your face, but this sort of things happens more than you thing on ebay. You however were one of the unlucky ones to discover this and I truly feel for you. I was also dooped by a seller, but luckily it was only for $7. Can you imagine someone doing this with a car?

I know you probably know how to ebay, but for those that don't: you should always checkout the sellers ratings. Not only their overall positives and negatives, but look at those that are most recent (6 months or less). If you see a buyer that leaves negative or neutral feedback you should try and contact them asking why they left such feedback, so you can hear their side of the story.

And I know this isn't bulletproof, but it tends to ease my mind: when you are bidding on an item, especially one that went for this price, I would ask for actual photos instead of factory ones. Of course this doesn't necessarily mean they have the item or are selling it, but seeing is believing and it helps. When you ask for this you should also probably ask if they could make a small sign with their ebay name included with the item they are selling.

Just be careful people, lot of scammers out there.

You more than likely will get your money back as Paypal has recently been cracking down on scammers. Ever since they were hit with those legal allegations they have really revamped their system.

No offense but now that you've threatened him, he can file a complaint with ebay and take you down with him. It's always better to be the bigger person and not resort to threatening e-mails. You paid with paypal so you will get your money back. Yes the guys a tool, but hostile e-mails get you nothing but trouble. Just something to ponder for future deals.

Livin4Real said:
No offense but now that you've threatened him, he can file a complaint with ebay and take you down with him. It's always better to be the bigger person and not resort to threatening e-mails. You paid with paypal so you will get your money back. Yes the guys a tool, but hostile e-mails get you nothing but trouble. Just something to ponder for future deals.

ya, lol, but i'm a little P.O.'d right now, you hear where i'm coming from...

..and it's good that paypal/ebay is cracking down on scammers, because right now, I will never buy anything on ebay, my trust is lost.

Did you get his information? I remember when I got scammed that I was able to get the seller's name, address, and phone number. I'm not sure if it was correct, but I called their ass nevertheless.

MiG29TangentBoy said:
But seriously...who sells stuff they don't have yet!? Get the motherboards first...THEN sell 'em!! :eek:
Isn't that what the real rules are? That's why people verify their pictures with a name and currency usually. That's what I do when I sell. :)

You paid with paypal so you will get your money back.
I'm sure PayPal has frozen his account but, dropping the complaint was an unreasonable request. You'll get your money back! His feedback wasn't that good to begin with...this otta really tank it!

BTW. Looks like New Egg has what you need ! :D

I'dhave to say that that's a killing offense. Hope you get you money back dude.

lol, it keeps geting better. He replied to my response, and he said: "I'm trying to refund your money, how is that a scam"?

I will leave it up to paypal to get my money back.

btw, this is his andress information:

Paypal Ship From:

Super PC Geeks
1121 Pheasant Dr
pittsburg, CA 94565
United States

Anyone near this place, please go knock him on the head for me!!!

Didn't his listing say that he wasn't going to ship the boards until he got them. And if I remember correctly, he also said you didn't have to pay him until he got them in.

Also, Paypal buyer protection is a joke. I've filed complaints before and only have recovered maybe half of them. If you really want your money back using paypal, always pay by CC.

kirbyrj said:
Didn't his listing say that he wasn't going to ship the boards until he got them. And if I remember correctly, he also said you didn't have to pay him until he got them in.

Also, Paypal buyer protection is a joke. I've filed complaints before and only have recovered maybe half of them. If you really want your money back using paypal, always pay by CC.

Thank God (knock on wood) that I haven't had to use it. I don't even pay the extra for it... that's the "satisfaction guaranteed" thing, right?

Old Hippie said:
I'm sure PayPal has frozen his account but, dropping the complaint was an unreasonable request. You'll get your money back! His feedback wasn't that good to begin with...this otta really tank it!

BTW. Looks like New Egg has what you need ! :D

Wow, that really blows...haaha

Update on the situation!

I just received a full refund to my payal account. He appologized, and i then canceld my paypal dispute.

But he had the nerv, to ask me to retract my negative feedback. I told him, I couldnt' bring myself to doing that, after all this hoopla that has transpired.

Now, my next mission: "where the heck do I find this board at"?, not ebay of course.

I have one I could send you...you just have to wait until I get it in the mail :p. j/k :D.

ah good to hear man....and also, would u be kind enough to post pics of your heatsink in the link in my sig and also post wat you think of it? :p

This is pretty comming on EBAY now. I did a buy it now this week on an A8N32 and when I went to pay I couldn't find the auction. I e-mailed the seller and he said his supplier let him down. Basically he was pre-selling them based on his assumption he would get them. I'm pretty sure it's against EBAY seller rules to sell items you don't have yet...

Glad to hear you got retribution on that bad deal Motley. How are you liking the one you got?

Toonage said:
Glad to hear you got retribution on that bad deal Motley. How are you liking the one you got?

tks, now that my bank account is happy ;o, it's all good. Let's see, I got scammed on ebay, then 3 online retailers took my money and didn't have the board. Then Toonage came to the rescue....

This board is amazing! I had zero problems setting it up, I installed WinXP x64 edition, and it runs smooth as silk.

I've got a decent overclock going, once I figured out the new BIOS settings. hehehe

A8N32-SLI Delux v1.01 (805)
3800+ x2 @ 10x250
Mushkin XP4000 @250MHz (3,4,3,8)

Motley said:
Update on the situation!

I just received a full refund to my payal account. He appologized, and i then canceld my paypal dispute.

But he had the nerv, to ask me to retract my negative feedback. I told him, I couldnt' bring myself to doing that, after all this hoopla that has transpired.

Now, my next mission: "where the heck do I find this board at"?, not ebay of course.

i bought mine from a guy on AnandTech :)

Stevemr2t said:
I'm pretty sure it's against EBAY seller rules to sell items you don't have yet...
It's within the rules as long as the listing states the auction is pre-sale.

pcgeeks is no longer a member. What was his location. Want to do everything I can to avoid problems.

im sorry about your situation... but not everyone who asks to have a complaint taken off is looking to rip people off.

I'm a seller on ebay, and ive had this happen ONCE. USPS 'Lost" something in the mail (this was when i was first starting out, i didnt use DC, and im convinced that this fucktard has my xeons and never paid me) and the guy filed a dispute against me within 5 days or something.... in this particular shipment, 3 packages were lost by the tards over there, a pair of 2.8/1m/800 xeons, 2x 512 pc133 sodimms, and something else... he was the only one to get pissed off. he filed a complaint, refused to take it off, meanwhile i have all sorts of sales and shit going down and i NEED my account unfrozen... especially so i can get my fucking partner to paypal me the goddamn money so i can refund him.

in the ohter two cases, we had no such trouble. we sent one replacement and one refund... and eventually (3 month priority mail... WTG USPS :rolleyes: ) the original items showed up.... and they shipped the spares back to me. he still claims the xeons never showed up, what a fucktard.

there is very a little a seller can do when his account is frozen from recieving money, creating invoices, and has a negative balance... xeons arent cheap.

Yes, true but the seller he's talking about had 7 complaints from different buyers. Several mentioned no response or intentional misleading info. I'm concerned that since the seller has stopped using that account he'll just resurface under a different name. That's why I'm intrested in knowing where he was located.

from the look of his other feedback, it looks more like he made a stupid move in trying to sell anticipating his supplier instead of having it in hand first. He seem honest otherwise. While I can certainly understand the complaints, I wouldn't call him a thief. People do stupid things, you can't get away from that. Don't harp on this too much, it's not worth ruining him completely for one stupid move. He'll have to work his rep back up, but he should be allowed to do so. He'll just have to be on extra special guard from doing similar things in the near future, or it could get serious.

Back