OMG, I hate Intel my Core 2 ONLY does 3.6Ghz

Kyle you scared the hell out of me.
I posted the joke and you said ban...I missed who you addressed it to.

sparks

BillParrish said:
A Biostar motherboard ? I think I am going to be ill.

OMG, I hate Biostar my Gigabyte DQ06 only does 3.36GHz

Can't say that it really felt right at first, but it is what it is.....up is down, in is out.....

PureBooYah said:
that's extreme even for me :p

i've never returned/RMA'd a cpu because of an overclock or lack thereof...i either suck it up stick with the overclock i get or sell it and buy another.

And when they sell it, you'll end up with this in the FS section: "Core2Duo FS, Never OC'd!" Right....I'll roll the dice and order new. I get what I get.

TypeO said:
And when they sell it, you'll end up with this in the FS section: "Core2Duo FS, Never OC'd!" Right....I'll roll the dice and order new. I get what I get.

yeah I see that in forums. honestly, sometimes i don't mention an oc, but i never claim it's never been oc'd. If they ask then i tell them the speed i got and the settings i used. I'm not out to screw anybody, eventually the chip i'm selling will be sold whether i drop the price a whole lot or put it in another build. Almost all of the people that buy my used chips usually say they're not planning on oc'ing anyway.

I remember when i first got my e6300, I booted it up went into the bios set it to 2,8ghz and ha d my ram running lower timings, ran perfect was the fastest windows install i ever did, everything just worked faster then my opteron 165cd @ 2.6, my cpu wil do 3.1ghz stable, but I dont like pushing my ram to 2.4v without active cooling :D So its at 2.9 and i keep it there!

when you're overclocking your gambling, you might hit hich ocs you might not. if you don't well thats not intels fault, they didn't sell you a cpu gaurantied to run 3.6ghz, they sold it to you to run at 2.4ghz, so dont blame them if it doesnt work out :)

chrisf6969 said:
OK, I'm totally kidding. My Core 2 only does 3.0Ghz, but I'm happy with it anyway. It kicks my Pentium D's ass at 3.9Ghz and runs A LOT COOLER to boot.

I've just been reading the past page of threads. And most of them are "OMG my Conroe only does 3.xGhz" threads.

ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! All chips (including CPU's, RAM, & Motherboard NB/SB) are not created equal. If you get a 3Ghz clock on a mid to low end Conroe you should be happy. Intel only released a 2.93Ghz XE for a reason. Its b/c they could only a certain # of them to that speed bin easily. Considering we're all early adopters I think 3Ghz is a great results, and all of these people with 3.6-4Ghz EXPECTATIONS (not hopes) are expecting a little too much.

Granted I had HOPED for 3.6Ghz. A nice even 400FSB x 9, so my ram would be perfectly in spec at 1:1. but I settled for 3Ghz. Granted I may try to tweak out 3.2Ghz, but all of this "OMG whats wrong", "Week 2x sucks b/c my chip only does 3.x", etc really needs to chill! :cool:

BTW, I'm still hoping Gigabyte will come out with some BIOS fixes which make 333 + FSB more stable. My personal theory is Intel has some type of NB strap at 333 for the next speed and its trying to run in a performance mode that our ram/chips aren't ready for yet.

I can't get anywhere close to it yet. I am bogged down by the DDR2-533 2GB Kingston Value Ram. So right now, I got it at 310FSB on the E6400, which gives me about 2.4Ghz.

smilepak said:
I can't get anywhere close to it yet. I am bogged down by the DDR2-533 2GB Kingston Value Ram. So right now, I got it at 310FSB on the E6400, which gives me about 2.4Ghz.

Oh well crappy ram :( You can get 2Gb of ddr2 800 for around the same price as most 2Gb kits of 667 & 533 ( ie: around $200)

chrisf6969 said:
Oh well crappy ram :( You can get 2Gb of ddr2 800 for around the same price as most 2Gb kits of 667 & 533 ( ie: around $200)

Yea, got these on a deal from Fry's @ 99 bucks a gig. Was too lazy to wait for newegg to deliver me some better. I might end up replace them in a year when I decide to replace the dual to quad.

I'm hoping for 3ghz on my e6600 whenever I get it. (Still holding out for DX10 cards and nextgen mobos because I can't upgrade again for a long while)

I'll be perfectly content with that considering I've never overclocked before.. ;)

I agree with the OP that it's hard to take the whining from people not happy with 3.2Ghz or so, but yeah, it's a hobby that's hard to break... :p

When the C2D was announced, I was like, MEH. I had just upgraded my home rig to a 4400+/DFI LanParty system and was quite please with it. After listening to how well the C2D's were overclocking though, I finally couldn't hold back, I just had to try one of these chips to see if they were as good as I've been reading. I'm lucky enough that I have two systems, my home rig that I'd just upgraded in Feb. and a LAN party box that had an Intel 3.2Ghz P4C, Abit IC7 Max3 and 2GB RAM. I sold the guts of that PC and ordered an Asus P5B Deluxe, an E6400 and 2GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 and I've got it running @ 3.2Ghz at 1.3V with no problems. It's a little warmer then I'd like, even with a Thermalright SI-128 and a coolermaster 120mm fan, but it's dual prime stable for 3 hours and has run a few games with no problems. I'm taking it to a LAN party this weekend. 6 - 7 hours straight of gaming will be the best stability test I can think of... ;)

Damn nice chips, that's all I can say... :D

schizo said:
It's groovy that you're happy, man. Your expectations were met. Other people have different expectations. And by the way, week 26+ e6600s are hitting 3.6 with ease.

Don't generalize.
Someone on XS had a week 26 E6600 that required 1.575v for 3.0 ghz ! And everyone (except me and 1 other decent sensible person) blamed the P5WDH !! (since *cough* all chips should hit 3.5 ghz with some voltage *cough*, right?) And 1 chip later, we found that me and the other person were right. (Thank god we avoided him wasting time and $$ RMA'ing a perfectly good motherboard.....)

First poster hit the nail on the head. You're just being asinine.

Falkentyne1 said:
Don't generalize.
Someone on XS had a week 26 E6600 that required 1.575v for 3.0 ghz ! And everyone (except me and 1 other decent sensible person) blamed the P5WDH !! (since *cough* all chips should hit 3.5 ghz with some voltage *cough*, right?) And 1 chip later, we found that me and the other person were right. (Thank god we avoided him wasting time and $$ RMA'ing a perfectly good motherboard.....)

First poster hit the nail on the head. You're just being asinine.

Thank you! :)

The whole point of overclcoking i thought was to find the maximum mhz of ones cpu...or so i thought? I got a week 29 core 2 6600 and was a little surprised at the ammount of voltage required to hit 3.6, its true not all core 2s are created equal :( hell i'm happy with an 1150mhz overclock any day :D just wish my video card overclocked like these bad boys. ;)

infin@ said:
The whole point of overclcoking i thought was to find the maximum mhz of ones cpu...or so i thought? I got a week 29 core 2 6600 and was a little surprised at the ammount of voltage required to hit 3.6, its true not all core 2s are created equal :( hell i'm happy with an 1150mhz overclock any day :D just wish my video card overclocked like these bad boys. ;)

Yes but the point of the thread was to show that some folks' expectations were just plain outrageous. Then you have some guy getting up to 3GHz that's faster than anything Intel or AMD had in Feb-06 (overclocked or not) and folks' bee-yotching about it. I like overclocking but I'm laughing at some person whining about not getting more than 3GHz.

Celeron 300A just lost its place in history.

i wonder how many people fried their core 2s expecting a 1000mhz overclock at the very least out of the box... :D

Back