OMG, Gran Turismo is actually ready!

I still don't see a release date.

Sony quickly came forward to say that it was still expecting a holiday release, but no one has given us an actual new date at this time

It has to be out in the next month or so. I guess I know what my next $60 game will be. I haven't bought one this year yet, lol.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! COULD IT BE!?!?
waited.....so....long for this :D

Yeah I originally bought my PS3 for the hope of GT5 someday...

ive had this game fully pre paid for since last xmas.. when my sister bought it for me as a gift lol.

kinda funny its just now coming out 1 year later.

Yeah I originally bought my PS3 for the hope of GT5 someday...

i bought my PS3 when MGS4 came out for that and the anticipation of GT5's release

Does Amazon have it listed as "available Dec 31, 2010" just to be conservative?

Getting my PS3 today, never looked before.

It's probably going to be released before christmas. Otherwise theyd miss out on one of the biggest sales of the year. So definately within 13 months of now.

Well, the PS3 was also supposed to be a pure 1080p system when it was first announced.

I'll believe GT5 is out when I'm sitting on my couch, playing the crap out of the Top Gear test track in a reasonably priced car. Otherwise, it's just "Someone from Sony said some stuff. Yawn."

Sweet. I can finally get something for that $60 bucks I spent so long ago.

Actually looking forward to this, I just hope it doesnt release during thanksgiving or christmas, I already told my work I would be on-call for those holidays >< and Id like to take a few days off for this game.

i bought my PS3 when MGS4 came out for that and the anticipation of GT5's release

Same here, I got the MGS4 bundle with the 80GB PS3 that has software PS2 BC.

Well, the PS3 was also supposed to be a pure 1080p system when it was first announced.

I'll believe GT5 is out when I'm sitting on my couch, playing the crap out of the Top Gear test track in a reasonably priced car. Otherwise, it's just "Someone from Sony said some stuff. Yawn."

Holy shit, they're gonna have the Top Gear test track on it?!? That is AWESOME!. I can't wait to beat all the RL celebs on the track! Haha

2010 has turned out to be a great year. DNF turns out to not be shovelware and neither is GT5. 2pac "Today was a good day". :)

2010 has turned out to be a great year. DNF turns out to not be shovelware and neither is GT5. 2pac "Today was a good day". :)

Ice Cube :p

I'm amazed the game is actually going to ship this year. Strangely, this is the only racing "sim" I care about.

I've been waiting for GT5 since 2005, so I won't believe it until I have my copy in my hands.

kinda funny its just now coming out 1 year later.

Hilarious.../s

I know people that would kill to get their hands on this title. This game better bake bread and give blowjobs or else no one will be happy.

It's probably going to be released before christmas. Otherwise theyd miss out on one of the biggest sales of the year. So definately within 13 months of now.

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

Has this incarnation actually evolved in any way? Will it include car damage finally?

yeah it has car damage.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Finally. It doesn't seem like Gran Tourismo really evolved from the first or second game. 3 was actually worse then 2 as they ditched a lot of vehicles. I never played 4 but never heard anything other than it was more of the same. I've been hoping 5 would actualy be something different, something better than what we've seen from the last several installments.

Finally. It doesn't seem like Gran Tourismo really evolved from the first or second game. 3 was actually worse then 2 as they ditched a lot of vehicles. I never played 4 but never heard anything other than it was more of the same. I've been hoping 5 would actualy be something different, something better than what we've seen from the last several installments.

4 was definitely more of the same. I played the hell out of the first 3 as they got better, then number 4 was just more with better graphics.

gt5 has wrc and nascar licenses as well. should be fun to play in those modes with the car damage (even though I am not really a nascar fan). I am a bit disappointed gt5 does not have vision blurring or any effects when you hit a wall. nfs:shift really sucked me in with that...
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

IMO GT3 is the best in the series. Love that game.

Yeah I played GT3 every day when it came out, for its time it was a beautiful game (even without realistic damage or turning)

With all the delays and excuses PD comes up with, I wouldn't be surprised if they say its not gold no more due to a printing error now its gonna be another six months lol...

Too bad the video stopped working on my first gen PS3 I bought for his game.

Are there going to be a lot of used cars? That's one thing I really liked and missed in the original Gran Turismo. I would love to go back and tune up cars my parents had (Taurus SHO, old Mustangs) and pwn super cars with it, lolz.

Also, I miss being able to tweak every individual gear ratio on the tranny and diffs so I could have presets for certain tracks and help set speed records. I remember tweaking the shit out of the Mitsubishi 3000 GT (I think it was the most powerful car in the game once maxed out - 1011 HP if I remember correctly) to break 250 MPH on the test track, haha.

Pike's Peak yo, 1800+ HP and tweak the aerodynamics to reach nearly 1000 mph on the test track XD

I believe there are ~1000 cars in the game. Only 200 of them are new assets for GT5, the remaining ~800 are re-used assets from GT4.

Pike's Peak yo, 1800+ HP and tweak the aerodynamics to reach nearly 1000 mph on the test track XD

LOL, yeah, I wouldn't call that a "car" though, that thing is a friggin go-cart with a 2:1 HP/weight ratio, haha. If I wanted to see how many times I could lap cars before they finish their first lap, I would use that, lolz.

I loved doing this on GT3 too and turning the front spoiler to max upforce to to wheelies all the way down the test track at 300+ MPH, hahaha.. "realistic physics" eh? :D

you mean 2709829830192830183201928309183180319 miles per hour when you break out of the track and set the areo dynamics to do a wheelie and have nothing to stop you until the game bugs out from you being too far away from the track.

My playseats racing chair and logi gt pro steering wheel have been eagerly awaiting this game for the last year and a half now. I'm hoping it gets released by march and yes I hope they include a lot of older cars. I drive an 03 wagon wrx and its kinda cool driving the family car in a racing game. The psp version had it.

My playseats racing chair and logi gt pro steering wheel have been eagerly awaiting this game for the last year and a half now. I'm hoping it gets released by march and yes I hope they include a lot of older cars. I drive an 03 wagon wrx and its kinda cool driving the family car in a racing game. The psp version had it.

you have a trial or a video game that is not

Back