OMG!!! Found some folder with files like "911" "police" "air" and a airplane tracker!

Hey there...I found a folder that I've never seen in my D partition before...I partition my hdd into 3 parts...C=OS installation...D=Programs and Games...E=Misc downloads and music and pr0n :eek:...

Well I've never had a virus or anything in my D partition before...I just found this folder named "winnt" and it had some bat files and some kind of Airline JScript and something that looks like an airplane tracker...:eek:

Then in a folder named sdata (still in the winnt folder) there's files like 911, police, air, fire, etc...OMFG!!! This is like some terrorist thing or something...FBI is gonna find me and I'll never see the light of day again!!! I'll miss the [H] and I haven't even watched LOTR Extended Platinum Collectors DVD thing (the big ass package with those book holder things)...I haven't even completed Doom 3 or started playing HL2 or even had a chance to buy an X-Box and play Halo 2!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!!! WTF is this crap on my computer??? I'm gonna delete this...I should delete it right??? Scans say it isn't a virus but what do they know...I'm screwed...:eek:

THANX
C'YA :cool:

if youre os is on C: there shouldn't be a winnt dir on d:, should be safe to delete it.

i really would recommend actually calling the FBI and telling them if you are concerned in case there is evidence that they could use. I doubt its really terrorists tho.

Well I opened some of the files up in txt editor and from what I can tell it looks like some kind of scanner...maybe a scanner to scan police, aircraft, 911, and fire dept. radios...hmmmm...

dariob said:
if you are paranoid, first dl a program called Eraser, its free.

Then:

1. Get a fresh HD, put your important stuff on it and install windows
2. Delete the partition on the old drive and reformat into one big partition
3. Install Eraser, and tell it to wipe all free space on the old drive, set at Gutmann (35 passes)

The old contents of the drive are now completely unrecoverable by anyone.
Hmmmm.....interesting info...might try using this Eraser prog when relocating my hdd and putting in a better/upgraded one...

Assuming that these are illegal, maybe you should bring it down to your local PD.

Hmmmm...they'll prolly want to take a look at my hdd...don't think so....this is my main rig and I want to game for my 6 day vacation...I don't liek the police unless they come to my rescue...I leave them alone and they leave me alone...Ithis looks like some kind of scanner...nothing illegal about listening in on police scanners I don't think...don't some ppl do that anyways with special equiptment??? Don't the news ppl use these??? No wonder they get the scene so damn fast...hmmmm....come to think of it I've never seen a house burn down......

Yet another quality village-idiot thread by Metallica_Band :)

THANX
C'YA :cool:

Back