OMG!!! DDL for X-Fi users!!!++1

Looks like he's forking DDL off of Auzentech's drivers. I kind of figured on this happening eventually.

Well, it's good news though. Finally someone's managed to implement a feature "on" the X-Fi that should have been supported from the get-go.

Looks like he's forking DDL off of Auzentech's drivers. I kind of figured on this happening eventually.

Well, it's good news though. Finally someone's managed to implement a feature "on" the X-Fi that should have been supported from the get-go.

Yeah, to be honest, I tried doing this myself with the Auzentech's drivers a few weeks ago. That didn't go to well. :p

what does DDL actually do?

Allows for 5.1 audio to be encoded realtime and sent out of the digital audio port (optical or coax SPDIF) on the X-Fi. This means you can game with EAX effects and surround 5.1 audio while using the digital connection, whereas before you could only get 2 channel audio in games if you used the digital audio connection.

Until now the only way to get surround audio out of the digital output on the Creative X-Fi cards was if you were watching a movie or something that already had 5.1 audio encoded in the audio stream.

If this is really true that's awesome, because it saves me from having to spend $200 on the X-Fi Prelude since that's the only thing I really wanted it for (DDL over SPDIF).

Tried this and it doesn't work for me.

Still only get 2 channel audio. There is no where on the console launcher or the Creative audio console to turn on DDL encoding.

am I missing something?

Those drivers don't seem to be working too well for people. But YouP-PAX released new drivers over the weekend, I wonder if those are working any better.

http://www.youp-pax.org/viewthread.php?tid=583&extra=page=1

Those are not new drivers. Those are the same drivers that DanielK is telling people to use with the DDL mod.

I can't stand those drivers. I tried them last night. They screw things up royally; you can't even change the master volume without it messing up the individual channel volumes. :rolleyes:

Well, I tried the fix again and got it working, well, what I mean is I got the DDL live option in my creative audio console.

The problem now is that it has completely disabled spdif out. I have removed everything and tried reinstalling but still no sound from my SPDIF out. Not from windows, not from cyberlink playing dvd's. It's like the SPDIF cable is disconnected. Normally my receiver displays when the PC is connected even if there is no audio, but now it's like the PC isn't there at all.

I have tried different coax cable, optical cable. My receiver is working fine as both my xbox360 and PS3 audio is working.

So just be careful if you try to use this to enable ddl.

All this does is hurt Auzen... "Hey guys look over here, use these Auzen drivers that they are using to sell card to get more functionality on your X-Fi!"

One thing though - yes, DDL gives you 5.1 one goodness over one digital connection, but it's a lossy aglorithm.

Would it be better to just output 5.1 analog (assuming you have the setup for it) and NOT run a lossy algorithm over your sound? What do you all think?

One thing though - yes, DDL gives you 5.1 one goodness over one digital connection, but it's a lossy aglorithm.

Would it be better to just output 5.1 analog (assuming you have the setup for it) and NOT run a lossy algorithm over your sound? What do you all think?
Xf-i analog audio quality isn't great...

True. But what about for a card like the HT Omega Claro Plus+? It's got great DACs and it does DDL. I ask because I just got this card and I wonder which would be better - 5.1 analog or dolby digital live with an optical connection. I'll have to try them both and see!

You have first to install X-Fi SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_15_0006_FX fixed driver from Daniel site, then to install his modem Vista X-Fi installation disc, then DDL patch in safe mode and finaly DDL pack from Azuen driver (not entire driver). Then in Vista, when you use Speakers as your default DDL use SPDIF out and sent 5.1 dig out. When playing DVD you must uncheck DDL and ude SPDIF out as def. It works just fine with X-Fi Platinum on Vista Ultimate SP1 x64.

You have first to install X-Fi SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_15_0006_FX fixed driver from Daniel site, then to install his modem Vista X-Fi installation disc, then DDL patch in safe mode and finaly DDL pack from Azuen driver (not entire driver). Then in Vista, when you use Speakers as your default DDL use SPDIF out and sent 5.1 dig out. When playing DVD you must uncheck DDL and ude SPDIF out as def. It works just fine with X-Fi Platinum on Vista Ultimate SP1 x64.

Which is exactly what I did. Still didn't work for me, guess you are one of the lucky ones who got it working in Vista 64bit. Daniel on the creative forums says he is going to rebuild the iso etc to try and see if that works for people.

Back