This product includes the following:
2 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons
2 (6 oz.) Top Sirloins
4 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers
4 (4.5 oz.) Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crab
8 (5.75 oz.) Stuffed Baked Potatoes
1 (6 in.) New York Cheesecake
Regular $150.00, Save $100.01. Today Only $49.99
+6 FREE quarter-pound Omaha Steaks Burgers, a FREE 6-Piece Cutlery Set and a FREE Cutting Board

I see these deals reguarly on the web but I have yet to know anyone that has actually bought eaten the food!
Anyone in this forum actually eat this stuff?

Portions seem pretty damn small to me(4oz-5-oz). Wee bit bigger than a silver dollar and about an inch thick. I'm a slim guy with an appetite and that would be an orderve for me.
For some odd reason I feel I get a better/fresher deal with my local butcher. Also I have a choice of organic based dairy products.

Any opinions or real world experiance out there with Omaha Steaks brands?

heck yea! Omaha Steaks are really freakin good! :D i highly recommend grabbin this deal :cool:

Omaha Steaks brands...

Well... I love their steak seasoning.

Their steaks, I dunno. It's been awhile since I've had them but my experience was so so. Good flavor, small portions.

The catch is this freezing thing they do, messes up the texture of the meat. If you get a fillet, cutting into it is like cutting Styrofoam. Eating it is all kinda funky, meat texture/threads are like Styrofoam.

Get some of their super $$ prime cuts and have fun!

Ok, enough being weird. Yea, kinda a steak nut here.

another vouch for Omaha Steaks... my Uncle sends us some around Christmas each year, and everything is very good.

plus you get a free styrofoam cooler!!! can't beat that lol

I'll vouch for Omaha steaks too, this deal is [H]ot! damn near the employee discount my friend gets(%50-75 depends on the product). These seasonal deals are no joke. I usually dont't buy from them 'cause I am in Omaha, and around here you can get a good steak pretty much anywhere... Except Village Inn, that aint no steak! Bump For Beef! :D

Omaha Steaks is the best frozen meat I've ever had, and I've had several. The only thing better is fresh (and then only when it's a good cut of meat, I've had fresh that wasn't as good as Omaha's). But fresh isn't nearly as convenient -- toss these in the freezer for 6 months and pull 'em out whenever you feel like it and they'll be just about as good as a fresh steak.

And I like their fillets. You can buy very similar looking bacon wrapped fillets at stores like Wal-Mart and Sam's, but they REALLY have a funky texture. I don't notice this problem with Omaha Steaks like I do with the in-store frozen stuff.

And they ship in a styro cooler packed in dry-ice, I've never had a shipment go bad.

I buy from them when they have solid deals, Frankly I am not that impressed with thier seafood but other than that they rock.

not to crap or anything... but let me get this straight...

they're giving you 38oz of beef (~2lbs), and about 1 lb sole (which you could purchase in the store for less than $6)
and 8 stuffed baked potatoes
and ONE 6" cheesecake

so, consdering that a nice cut of New York Steak would run you about $8-11/lb, you're paying $50 because they they throw in a couple of stuffed baked potatoes and lets see... 3.14*3^2 = 27" of cheesecake

so instead of the $16-20 you could get that meat for, you guys are willing to shell out an additional $30 for some potatoes and a teeny tiny cheesecake?

Is that right?

Am I missing something?
Seriously...

Livin4Real said:
We just butchered one of our own. :D If their portions were bigger I'd give it a try.

Thats what I'm talking about. I had one slaughtered about 2 months ago (older service bull) and have been eating large ever since. We got a little over a 1000 lbs. of beef from him, fine eating for sure.

Damn, that's a hell of a butcher. And yep nothing like grain fed beef out of the backyard :)

It has been a while since I have tried Omaha steaks, but I wasn't impressed, especially for the price, the last time. If I recall correctly, it isn't prime grade beef, and if you have a good local butcher you can get that fresh for about the same price (which is much higher quality).

solotech said:
I see these deals reguarly on the web but I have yet to know anyone that has actually bought eaten the food!
Anyone in this forum actually eat this stuff?

Portions seem pretty damn small to me(4oz-5-oz). Wee bit bigger than a silver dollar and about an inch thick. I'm a slim guy with an appetite and that would be an orderve for me.
For some odd reason I feel I get a better/fresher deal with my local butcher. Also I have a choice of organic based dairy products.

Any opinions or real world experiance out there with Omaha Steaks brands?

Their steaks are pretty good, but once you order they HAMMER you with phone calls, spam emails etc. It took me several angry calls to get removed from their spamming.

That aside, the quality of their meat is very good. However, if you have a nice butcher locally who knows what they are doing and carries quality cuts there is absolutely no reason to order stuff from Omaha steaks. Frozen meat will never beat the quality of a nice butcherhouse aged steak :)

I have ordered from them twice in the past year and have not received any spam, extra catalogs or phone calls. Furthermore, they have a 100% guarantee on their products if you are not satisified. My Father-in-law ordered a set of steaks from them and thought they weren't quite up to the quality he had purchased in the past so he called them. They apologized and gave him a 100% refund. That sounds to me like a company that stands behind its product.

J Macker said:
not to crap or anything... but let me get this straight...

they're giving you 38oz of beef (~2lbs), and about 1 lb sole (which you could purchase in the store for less than $6)
and 8 stuffed baked potatoes
and ONE 6" cheesecake

so, consdering that a nice cut of New York Steak would run you about $8-11/lb, you're paying $50 because they they throw in a couple of stuffed baked potatoes and lets see... 3.14*3^2 = 27" of cheesecake

so instead of the $16-20 you could get that meat for, you guys are willing to shell out an additional $30 for some potatoes and a teeny tiny cheesecake?

Is that right?

Am I missing something?
Seriously...

The shit I get at the supermarket for $8-11/lb doesn't begin to compare to Omaha.

My girlfriend got a few gift certificates for me last year. During that time, I received dozens of phone calls (she did too). Their marketing is extremely agressive, and for that they loose my future busines :)

matt fury said:
The shit I get at the supermarket for $8-11/lb doesn't begin to compare to Omaha.

Find a real butcher, and they can give you meat that is vastly superior to Omaha steaks for less cost. The key is in dry aging the meat for tenderness as well as the skill of the person who is carving the slabs.

Anyhow, im derailing the thread so I'll stfu :D

fireform90 said:
... During that time, I received dozens of phone calls (she did too). Their marketing is extremely agressive, and for that they loose my future busines :)

Was wondering if anyone would mention this. My wife got in on one of their deals a while back. 'Twas a shit load of food, in two good sized styrofoam coolers w/ dry ice, and it was all perfectly edible. (Thaw it out completely before eating, helps a lot) But after a while they kept calling and Calling and CALLING! After trying to be nice about it a few times we finally started yelling at them, which seems to have done the trick.

Anyway, buyer beware from that standpoint. We'll likely order some of their stuff again, but it's not real high on the priority list.

Regards,
fastgeek

Malatov said:
Omaha Steaks is the best frozen meat I've ever had, and I've had several. The only thing better is fresh (and then only when it's a good cut of meat, I've had fresh that wasn't as good as Omaha's).

I would REALLY suggest trying StockYards- we are steak lovers here, and for frozen meat, StockYards is great. :)
the site is stockyards.com I think...

CamaroWhit said:
I would REALLY suggest trying StockYards- we are steak lovers here, and for frozen meat, StockYards is great. :)
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have to give them a look-see... :)

slats said:
Thats what I'm talking about. I had one slaughtered about 2 months ago (older service bull) and have been eating large ever since. We got a little over a 1000 lbs. of beef from him, fine eating for sure.

Holy shit that's barbaric!! :eek:
I love it, somebody grab the steak sauce!! :D

CamaroWhit said:

Okay, gave 'em a look-see. All I can say is... Ouch!

StockYards is quite a bit more expensive than Omaha -- $20/lb for sirloin and $34/lb for rib-eye? Yeah, they look good, but geesh. :eek:

Omaha is some pretty good stuff. I just had fillet mignon tonight (my roommate's mom ordered them, saying 'good luck studying for tests')

Geting stuff from Omaha is kinda like getting stuff from Dell - don't buy anything unless you have a crazy good coupon, as they are normally over-priced - when you do order, you get a quality product

Zamboni said:
There's also this place if you want something a bit more exotic:
http://www.gourmetostrich.com/
http://www.gourmetostrich.com/index2.htm (order page)

Regular prices as good as Omaha *after* their 67% discount.
Dude, ostrich steaks kick my ass, they're too darn good. I've had it on a few occasions and it most resembles/tastes like a better filet mignon to me, and even easier to chew. Ostrich steaks kick Omaha to the curb imho. Thinking of it is bringing the lunch hunger pangs early :(

Omaha steaks are pretty decent though i only buy into their hottest deals. I get spammed but have never received a phone call from them.

Back