older games, even from just a few years ago, don't run on alder lake. even with e-cores disabled.

yeah well i'm adding feedback that the workaround doesn't work either.

Don't have any issues with my older games with my 12700K. Gigabyte already worked on this and as stated it looks like old news now.

Faulting application name: Driver.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ec0d92b
Faulting module name: Driver.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ec0d92b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0082896c
Faulting process id: 0x690
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e4391d723603
Faulting application path: D:\Driver San Francisco\Driver.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Driver San Francisco\Driver.exe

keep getting a game crash on this old game with Windows 11.
game starts, but crashes when trying to load the actual gameplay.

Ran fine on a 11400 and 11700 cpu.

Faulting application name: Driver.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ec0d92b
Faulting module name: Driver.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ec0d92b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0082896c
Faulting process id: 0x690
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e4391d723603
Faulting application path: D:\Driver San Francisco\Driver.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Driver San Francisco\Driver.exe

keep getting a game crash on this old game with Windows 11.
game starts, but crashes when trying to load the actual gameplay.

Ran fine on a 11400 and 11700 cpu.
just bought the game this weekend and promptly requested a refund since it would not start on AM4 setup on Win 11. It just crashed like yours....the game is not coded to work on win 11 me thinks? bottom line is it may have nothing to do with you using a new intel cpu. the game just needs updates to actually work is all

just bought the game this weekend and promptly requested a refund since it would not start on AM4 setup on Win 11. It just crashed like yours....the game is not coded to work on win 11 me thinks? bottom line is it may have nothing to do with you using a new intel cpu. the game just needs updates to actually work is all

while i was shopping and trying out new pc's recently, I tested this game on all recent non-alder lake systems, and it worked on Windows 10.
5700g 5600g 11400 11700 amd intel all worked.

If you set compatibility to Windows 7, it will run.

There's something actually wrong with alder lake and old games.

while i was shopping and trying out new pc's recently, I tested this game on all recent non-alder lake systems, and it worked on Windows 10.
5700g 5600g 11400 11700 amd intel all worked.

If you set compatibility to Windows 7, it will run.

There's something actually wrong with alder lake and old games.
No, that actually demonstrates its windows 11 being the issue with that game, click bait fame seeker. Here... https://hardforum.com/threads/list-...ue-in-12th-gen-intel-core-processors.2015116/

Just tested Fallen Order on my W10 system with all cores enabled (12700K) in BIOS on a Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 mainboard without the fixed BIOS for games, so no game compatibility on and no Windows compatibility mode either. Starts fine here, so the problem is PEBKAC it seems.

Just tested Fallen Order on my W10 system with all cores enabled (12700K) in BIOS on a Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 mainboard without the fixed BIOS for games, so no game compatibility on and no Windows compatibility mode either. Starts fine here, so the problem is PEBKAC it seems.

were you testing with integrated graphics?

i was testing integrated graphics only.

maybe it's my MSI mobo, or ssd, or the cracked version of the game I'm running. who knows.

Last edited:
The common culprit is you. Pebkac!
No, that actually demonstrates its windows 11 being the issue with that game, click bait fame seeker. Here... https://hardforum.com/threads/list-...ue-in-12th-gen-intel-core-processors.2015116/

wroooong. you say that with such confidence.

hey sir jerk knowitall, stop adding nonsense shit to this thread.

Here's driver SF running on Windows 11 on my laptop

blows your theory out of the water eh? Windows 11 is fine.

drsf.png

Last edited:
were you testing with integrated graphics?

i was testing integrated graphics only.
No, I wasn't using IGP, I used my RTX3080. You never mentioned you were using the IGP.
While you can use it for gaming in dire needs, the IGP isn't very good. Especially for a game such as Fallen Order.

Conclusion is, the CPU isn't the issue, it works fine with the game you mentioned. You just need a different graphics card, if that is the problem, which sounds likely at this moment.
I cannot test it with the IGP at the moment, will test it later, but if I have to remove my 3080 to do so, will not test it that way. Though I am pretty sure I can disable the PEG without issue.

Last edited:
No, I wasn't using IGP, I used my RTX3080. You never mentioned you were using the IGP.
While you can use it for gaming in dire needs, the IGP isn't very good. Especially for a game such as Fallen Order.

Conclusion is, the CPU isn't the issue, it works fine with the game you mentioned. You just need a different graphics card, if that is the problem, which sounds likely at this moment.
I cannot test it with the IGP at the moment, will test it later, but if I have to remove my 3080 to do so, will not test it that way. Though I am pretty sure I can disable the PEG without issue.

i just got the updated denuvo stripped version of fallen order, and the game now works with igp.
actually runs decently for an igp.

Back