Older Corsair HX750 psu cable question

dee7976

n00b
Hey all. I just bought a Asus Tuf x570-plus mobo for my ryzen and I noticed that the mobo has a 8 and a 4 pin connector for the PSU. My question is that if I need to connect that 4 pin cable can I buy the cable from Corsair for the HX750 but as a HXi cable instead? Wondered if HX and HXi were different in any ways. Thanks guys in advance.

No you do not need to plug that in.

8 pin EPS connector can do 300+ watts on its own. No way you are going to pull that much power out of one connector unless you decide to go ln2 overclocking.

No you do not need to plug that in.

8 pin EPS connector can do 300+ watts on its own. No way you are going to pull that much power out of one connector unless you decide to go ln2 overclocking.
thanks man. i wondered. really appreciate the response.

Hey all. I just bought a Asus Tuf x570-plus mobo for my ryzen and I noticed that the mobo has a 8 and a 4 pin connector for the PSU. My question is that if I need to connect that 4 pin cable can I buy the cable from Corsair for the HX750 but as a HXi cable instead? Wondered if HX and HXi were different in any ways. Thanks guys in advance.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

Thanks guys for the help. Unfortunately the PSU died. It was making rattling noises and poof. Nothing. So I have a different PSU on it's way. But I appreciate the help.

Back