Old School FPS Fans Will Enjoy This Reveal Trailer For TOXIKK

I didn't realize how much I truly dislike all of these modern 'innovations' until watching this trailer. Makes me long for Unreal Tournament.... or hell, I'd even take the original team fortress (Quake 1 mod) over today's F2P incarnation. Could be an interesting game if it ends up having a decent install base.

So basically Quake 3 with vehicles - sounds good.

Hehe, I like their marketing campaign - "No this, no that, no BS!"

I want this! I miss the good old days. I'd probably get my ass handed to me now at my age though.

Nice!!! Feels a little too Unreal Tourney for my taste but I'm ok with that, I'm willing to overlook that. :D

I installed QuakeLive on steam and forgot how much fun arena shooters are. Im looking forward to this one as well!

Yes, yes, frag like it's 1999, hell yeah! It's been all downhill from then. I love all the NOs. Could live without the vehicles, though, but it still looks miles better than what we currently have.

Just loaded up UT a couple months ago to play with by boys. This gameplay video definitely takes me back. Looking forward to this one.

Looks good. But really, it will come down to the fluidity of the gameplay. If it's clunky or feels like I'm fighting centrifugal force then nope.

And I hope the "no bullshit" tag means it's open to the mod community a la Quake 2 and such.

Brings back memories of playing Halo on the PC in my computer lab I ran at a school for troubled teens ... :cool:

good times

Meh, too busy trolling TR Prowlers and VS Magriders with my light assault with c-4 and explosive bolts to play another FPS.:D

Hope the gameplay is solid and i'm all for this. Stupid name for a game though :D

I'm in and can't wait to start modding. Where is the source code already.

hmm i don't like vehicles, but maybe they'll get it right. i'm interested, remind me when it's released ;)

Looks like it could be a blast.

Anyone who likes the looks of this really needs to try out Loadout.

Not only is Loadout a blast, but the graphic style is awesome and unlike anything else I've played.

Looks like it could be a blast.

Anyone who likes the looks of this really needs to try out Loadout.

Not only is Loadout a blast, but the graphic style is awesome and unlike anything else I've played.

Yes play Loadout! Super fun free game.

Also this looks like a nice Tribes like game. Could be fun.

Not going to be a popular view...but I can't play these twitch FPS any longer. At 43 my reflexes just aren't that great any longer. One of the reasons I actually do prefer BF games is due to the play smarter not faster game play.

Looks good though.

I didn't realize how much I truly dislike all of these modern 'innovations' until watching this trailer. Makes me long for Unreal Tournament.... or hell, I'd even take the original team fortress (Quake 1 mod) over today's F2P incarnation. Could be an interesting game if it ends up having a decent install base.

I know exactly how you feel. I could never get into the modern shooters, even though graphics took a huge leap forward some years back, and it was hard to figure out why. Now we know.

Not going to be a popular view...but I can't play these twitch FPS any longer. At 43 my reflexes just aren't that great any longer. One of the reasons I actually do prefer BF games is due to the play smarter not faster game play.

Looks good though.

I'm 50 but still love Loadout, and will be interested in trying this game. Sure I'm not the best twitch player, but I still have a blast, and don't forget, that sometimes age and treachery can overcome youth and reaction times. :D

Seems to me like there is a backlash or resurgence of old FPS games. We have this and nother project. At least 2 tribes clones. Etc.... The main problem I see is that all of them will probably hit at similar times and dilute the player share. A house that is divided cannot stand.

Also all the people claiming twitch this and young nerves that. Most of the people who played these games back in the day sucked. They were having fun though and were able to do that for various reasons. People have to unravel what made it fun for them and stick to that, no one said you had to be fatality.

Looks good though.
I'm half your age and feel the same. T_T

Seen the many references to it looking like old school UT, but does nobody see just how much it looks pretty much EXACTLY like UT3? Great game imo, just nobody played it from what I remember.

I'll take a next-gen remake of Q2DM1 please

also, LOL @ "Ace of Base", loved that

And what is the difference with UT3? We can already play UT3 and not to wait this game.

Back