Games I really want to see remade:
  • Y's Series
  • Lufia Series

Games I want more sequels to:
  • Robotech

More Anime I want to see:
  • Macross
  • Initial D

today the eye candy is exceptional, but was anything lost in the process? Such is life though, if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

I couldn't agree more. Being a gamer myself since 1983, first system was an Intellivision, there were certian games they made that were just FUN. Same thing with the orginial Nintendo.

I like eye candy like everyone else, but I value gameplay over graphics anyday. I have not found a game in a long time that really was just fun with a few minor exceptions.

The Pirates! remake was perfect in every regard almost. The did remove a bug I used to use to my advantage but other than that it was perfect.

#2 I am sick of FPS. That seems to be 90% of what is being released on the 360 these days.

#3 RPGs lately have been crappy, (FF and DQ8 excluded)

I just want some good games not nice looking games for $50-60 a pop that I grow bored with in 2 weeks.

Warzone 2100... Great game imho. I'd give my left testicle if some company would pick it back up and remake it :D

Murder Death Kill (MDK).

Anyone ever played that? It was like the under-dog of the lot. Pheominal atmosphere.

I'd love to see that remade. :)

And would that be game before MDK2? With Max the 6 armed/legged robotic dog... that kind of thing? If so... Hell yes.

#2 I am sick of FPS. That seems to be 90% of what is being released on the 360 these days.

#3 RPGs lately have been crappy, (FF and DQ8 excluded)

I just want some good games not nice looking games for $50-60 a pop that I grow bored with in 2 weeks.

Not just for the 360, everyone and their mother is making and FPS these days, and most of them aren't that good, just like you said... There're a few of the older FPS's that're being remade like Unreal, UT, Half-Life... etc... They're still fun, but also, like you said, they're usually so damned expensive... And I've even noticed that the Half-Life games are getting to be more about graphics than the actual gameplay, don't get me wrong, they're still incredible games by my standards... It's just that they seem to have lost a wee tad bit of their "zing."

Anywho, enough quoting for me :p

Posted this before, but age of wonders shadow magic is a lot like masters of magic. (Pretty much the same really but with a few twists)
Wouldn't mind seeing a neuromancer remake as i never did finish that game way back when...lol
Hoping there's an evil genius 2 game in the works someday but with bugs worked out.
The next few are niche games but i'd dearly love to see remakes of them:
Great naval battle series 1-4 (with modern graphics and gameplay i think it would be fantastic)
The old world games, summer games and winter games that epyx used to make. (They were pointless, but they were a blast to play imho)
Sea Rogue ( I love underwater exploration games and with modern graphics it would be really fun i'd think)

they just need to make a new TIE Fighter and I will be happy...... as long as its made by the guys who made the first one..... and its not done like that stupid Luftwaffe one they remade on the PS2.

§pix;1030941505 said:
And would that be game before MDK2? With Max the 6 armed/legged robotic dog... that kind of thing? If so... Hell yes.

MDK 2 wasn't anywhere near as serious or atmospheric as the first game.

Let's compare them to movies:

MDK 1 - The Godfather
MDK 2 - Scarface

Anyway; Kurt was a REALLY REALLY REALLY big badass in MDK1. He could probably eat Masterchief and Gordon Freeman for breakfast. Not to mention that the humor in the game was kept to a minimal, while the adult serious overtones kept at a strong point, making the entire game feeling polished, serious, gritty and mature.

I don't really have any better way to describe MDK1 as serious and atmospheric. It's just well, damn it. Atmospheric. You're sucked into the game.

Way too many pages to read. Alot of really great games in here.

Three I would personally love to see redone right.

Tribes
Starsiege Tribes
Killer Instinct

Actually, now that I think of it, I'd like to see a more successful remake of the Gold Box Games SSI made. They were D&D based, including a couple that had a Buck Rogers theme and used the appropriate system. You could spend hours and hours playing those, and there was a real tabletop D&D experience. The Atari games that have come out were buggy jokes. Baldur's Gate was all right but nowhere near as close to detail as titles like Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness, Matrix Cubed, etc. I haven't yet managed to get my hands on Neverwinter Nights but I suspect it's pretty good. I'd just like to see the basic concept of trying to recreate the tabletop game experience put as the primary concept above graphics, sound, etc.

QFT! I loved the Krynn series. Curse of the Azure Bonds is a classic.

Shining force III -- great game but was on the Saturn so nobody played it.

Land stalker -- a genesis game that was much better than Zelda but not well known.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- We need a new FFT for PS3 already this is getting refukingdiculous.

Old school Phantasy star -- Phantasy online is good but I miss the old stuff.

Trigger series -- Chrono trigger, Chrono Cross, and Chrono ??????? it's time for another.

Toe Jam and Earl for NDS -- This game would be amazing on the ds and the wifi possibilities are great too.

and the grand finally would be River City Ransom for the Wii

Most of the ones I'd add have already been said, but I'd throw MechCommander 2 into the mix. I loved that game, but the graphics are really dated at this point. All the customization of the assorted mechs and figuring out which mechs to bring for which missions and what loadout to equip them with.... it was a blast.

I'll add my vote for Homeworld. It was gorgeous when it came out in '99. All it needs is newer, high-resolution models, some better effects, and a few tweaks to the gameplay mechanics (like waypoints, but not the UI from HW2), and it would be even sweeter.

Maybe instead of dreaming of having your old favorite game revitalized, why not just do it? If it's online, start a community and host some servers. Let people know in your area. Rebuild the community you miss.

If it's a single player console game, haul it out. Invite some friends over to bring their favorite games and make it an event. Don't be so dependant on some marketting system to hear your cries for a remake. Seek fun.

Maybe instead of dreaming of having your old favorite game revitalized, why not just do it? If it's online, start a community and host some servers. Let people know in your area. Rebuild the community you miss.

If it's a single player console game, haul it out. Invite some friends over to bring their favorite games and make it an event. Don't be so dependant on some marketting system to hear your cries for a remake. Seek fun.
I think the point of this thread is that we would like someone to take the concept, storyline, artwork, game mechanics, etc. of some old, favorite game, and update it with higher-resolution textures, higher-poly models, and better effects. Essentially we want "what that game would look like if it were developed today".

i remeber planet avp was going to make a hl2 mod for a remake of avp2 but i guess it never happened.

Think it was on Genesis or sega CD maybe but Slaughter House was a really fun game side scrolling killing if I remember it right!

Think it was on Genesis or sega CD maybe but Slaughter House was a really fun game side scrolling killing if I remember it right!
It was for Turbografx 16... actually it came out for the Wii virtual console a while ago.

I agree, would be cool to see it remade, perhaps a bit more giger-ish, but NOT another "alians" game, just really dark and gory, LOTS of blood... :) :) :) :)

Dark Forces, Dark forces 2 jedi knight, Final Fantasy 7, Deus Ex, Zelda Ocarina of Time, original Zelda, and Perfect Dark (only because the sequel sucked bad). that pretty much sums it up for me

Back