Old games you would like to see remade.

This is a good quistion, one that has been asked here about once a week! But those thread get very long very quick so i wont hate on you for making another one.

Every time I see this asked it makes me think of how much fun Heretic 2 was. Sure would have been nice to have a 3 or even a 4 out by now but it seems Id has forgotten about them!
Hexen was pretty good also!
The only other games I miss is Diablo and Motocross Madness.

Tribes 1 in all it's glory in current DX10 graphics and positional sound. Change NOTHING about the original game, just give me a graphics update.

Warcraft 2. Again change NOTHING, just give me a graphical update.

Final Fantasy III. Same.

TA, not SupCom, but TA. Same (I think this is being done but don't have the link offhand).

Those are some that I can think of quickly. It's interesting to me that most of the games that are mentioned are examples of gameplay over graphics. I would imagine that you could go back to most of these games to day (provided the play on the system that you have) and still ahve a great time... even while thinking "man, this is what used to pass for graphics?" It's a testament to game design that the games could have the longevity that they do and be remembered as fondly as they are (even if some of it is the "back-in-the-day" syndrome) even with graphics sub-par to today's quality.

I would LOVE to see the x-com series remade! Those games were so much fun, it had the turn based RTS part and also the challange of building/designing your base and having enough bases to please the entire earth.

If it could be remade I'd like to see better graphics, a choice for real time or turn based rts, more indepth base building system. Bigger and longer.

I think a remade X-Com would do GREAT!

versello said:
Quarantine
MegaRace

and Custard's Revenge

OMG MegaRace was friggen tons of fun when I had my 486 Packard Bell lmao I still have the cd for it.

super dodgeball on nes and Tombraider in first person.Oh yea and Tenchu in first person with graphics upgrades

Let's see.

Make a need for speed like NFS:HS
Stunk Racer Fx (snes)
Snatcher (sega cd)
Wall Street Kid (nes) [why not]
Friday the 13th (nes)
Why not some FMV games.
The "make my video" thing was kind of cool.

Thinks all i can think of right now.

Syndicate (original and Wars)
Carmaggedon
Quake 3 (the exact, i mean EXACT underlying engine, just a graphics/content (maps, models) update)
Earthsiege 2
Tribes

ValeX said:
Starcraft? Don't re-do all the sprites, I like the look. Just make it a higher friggin resolution PLEASE!

I agree. I would also like to see System Shock 2 done with better graphics. I loved SS2 and StarCraft.

I cannot quite remember the name of the game, but it was released on the Turbo Grafx 16. It was a side-scrolling game, and you were some type of ninja cat. It was a great game, and if somebody can recall the title from my poor description, I would greatly appreciate it.

Dungeon Master.

Though I think that a technology update won't be able to replace the charm it had at the time.

arkamw said:
Tribes 1 in all it's glory in current DX10 graphics and positional sound. Change NOTHING about the original game, just give me a graphics update.

QFT

I'd love to see a remake of the game SACRIFICE

Such a weird cool game...a little bit RPG/little bit RTS/little bit FPS.

Hofy said:
Broderbund's Stunts
Interstate 76

I feel that Trackmania is just a re-birth of Whiplash, which was a re-birth of Stunts, etc...

I got addicted to TM for a few weeks... (It's the first game to cause me to be late for work since the original Quake days, that's almost a decade for me...)

For PC- Terra Nova
if you never played this it rocked
Interstate 76
and Metal Slug converted to PC!!!

Oh yeah, Interstate '76 was awesome, great use of the Mechwarior 2 engine... Too bad the sequel was such a train wreck.
I wonder if I can get Interstate '76 to run under XP. I'll bet I can get a much nicer framerate then I first played it with. :) I'll have to dig out my old copy and see.

Why would you want Metal Slug remade? its perfect in its original form... For the most part, 3D remakes of 2D platform shooters have been disapointing.

Ghosts and Goblins, Gradius, Mega Man series, Ikari Warriors, the 194x series, Raiden, etc. I miss the 2D scrollers. They should be redone for HD with awesome 3D sprites, throbbing backgrounds and updated sound.

Harpoon
Dune
Grim Fandango
The Dig
AH-64D Longbow

I agree with X-Wing, Tie Fighter, any of the other LucasArts adventure games.

Realms of the Haunting. People always mention Undying as one of the most frightening PC games out there, but I thought it was Disney musical compared to RoTH.

System Shock1&2
Wing Commander Series
Warcraft 1&2
Starcraft
Freespace1&2
Master of Magic

I would crap myself if I found out the Wii came with a remade, sidescrolling, mario 3 type game

TRIBES!

StarsiegeTribesBox.jpg

Deus Ex
Rise of Triad
Shogo
Mafia
Monkey Island Series
NFS: Porsche Unleashed
Tie Fighter
Starcraft
Diablo (original)
Dark Forces / Jedi Knight
Unreal
Clive Barker's Undying
System Shock 2
Heavy Gear II

System Shock II in a FEAR or Doom3 like engine....

The thing about that game, was that the enemies kept on respawning and you really didn't have unlimited ammo so you were hiding for most of the time. Thats what kept the game scary and on your feet.

I played Syndicate back in the day and it was an amazing game for the era that it was created in. Too bad most of you weren't around for that, its been serveral years since then, also a 486 system would run you around 4 grand and not everyone knew how to configure a computer as easy as WinXP with plug n play, etc.

Sacrifice with multi-lpayer and, a better interface for casting spells.

I'll throw in another vote for releasing a patch for changing the resolution of Starcraft. Don't touch the game, leave it just as it is, but let us adjust the resolution. Please.

Also, I'm probly the other person here who has ever played Urban Assault, but man that game rocked, it's the only RTS/FPS mix up that I've ever played that was done right, and it had just about the most gloomy storyline of any game I've ever played.

Darklands - by Microprose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darklands_(computer_game)
www.darklands.net/faq/1.shtml
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/564659.html

This game by far was my favorite game, im actually going to install this tonight, I still have the orginal disc from 1992 that i played on my tandy 486. he did something right to have fans still keep the disc and still play. I definetely would like to see this remade. Now that i work in the game development industry, i think i might personally look into thism, myself.

check this out: http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/greatestgames/p-45.html

Dragon Quest 6 originally released in japan on SNES. I would love to see it remade on ps2/3 or the Wii.

Mechwarrior series...they were awesome...i just love having 100 ton chunks of metal with guns prickling out of them bash each other up...too bad mech 2 doesnt work on XP :(

Back