Old games you would like to see remade.

jeez everyone wants ff7...
what about the first Final Fantasy??

Asteroids in 3D

RedFaction

Advent Rising (fixing all the bugs would great)

Carmageddon!

Yes! Though if this happened, my sister would never leave her PC.

Oh hell yess! That was my first "racing" game on pc. haha i would be glued to it as well...

The last one I bought wasnt as good as the originals, but it was still fun. I guess some group/people got upset and they remade the game to have zombies to run over instead of "real" people running on beaches, people in stadiums...etc :D

I'd like to see the old Quake 2 CTF levels re-done for Quake 4... not exactly a game remade, but man I loved playing Q2 CTF.. I knew those levels back and forth like the inside of my house. Especially q2ctf4 or maybe it was q2ctf6, some canyon level.. I think that was the closest I ever became to being "addicted" to a video game.. playing that from 6pm til 1 or 2am every night mon - fri and on weekends for weeks on end.. whew.

I dont know if someone has posted this. But a really good remake of contra, or altered beast. Or even a good phantasy star :D

That old DOS Activision Sci-Fi Powerhits pack from the late 80s. Let's see...

Deathtrack
Mines of Titan
Circuit's Edge
Tongue of the Fatman
Prophecy

So much fun. R.I.P.

Atari 2600 COMBAT 120 stream processors on a 2D 4 color game is uber

System Shock 2 -- one of the greatest games ever made....back then it looked great... i fired up recently and it the graphics are really bad....updated engine would make it super - UBER

Yie Ar Kung Fu.... u have to be a little old school to remember this game...

Definitely Clive Barker's Undying...a remake of that would be a total hit. I still play it lol..have it installed right now and play it off and on for the past few months.

Other games I can think of :

Montezuma's Revenge (C64)
Pitfall
Super Mario 64 (redone with nice graphics ;) )
Goldeneye
Shogo
Anachronox
Giants : Citizen Kabuto (or a sequel)
All 3 Theif games
No One Lives Forever
System Shock 2
Tribes 1
Sacrifice

I'd like to see remakes of the following.

Skitchen' Best Game EVER for the Genesis
Road Rash
THE OREGON TRAIL!
Interstate 76'
Marathon

1. AVP3. GOD PLEASE BEFORE I'M IN A NURSING HOME! :D
2. Nerf Arena
3. Spycraft
4. Zork anyone? Ok, that shows my age.
5. R-Type , Thats the name of the one one you couldn't think of if you were wondering.
6. Mortal Kombat
7. MechWarrior :D
8. Descent
9. A new Gabriel Knight RPG
10. X-wing VS Tie fighter

Ok, short list but damn I feel like I'm gonna have my kids visiting me in the nursing home with my little computer still playing AVP2 and holding out for AVP3.
Maybe I will be confused and chasing the staff around a nursing home with my M41A pulse rifle. I will be telling anyone who looks human that "I'm Sergeant Griffith, United States Colonial Marines, I'm here from the Eridani division, Headquartered at Happy Days, Helene 215. I'm putting you in charge of laying down some suppression fire to help me evacuate these civilians from the clutches of the xenomorphs."

I would like to see a new game. Not a "2" or a reduex of a classic, but an honest to goodness NEW game - something that hasn't been done before, not an evolution of an engine. For example, Quake 4 was not "new", it was Quake 2 on a new engine.

I bought Psychonauts over Steam because it seemed like a new direction for a game .. So buggy and crap controls for PC that I didn't even make it out of the start area.

Monster Truck Madness
Soldier of Fortune 2
Goldeneye (Source anyone?)
Perfect Dark (*See Goldeneye)
Age of Empires 2 (More civilizations)
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (Source Engine ftw)

X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance

Seconded (at least)!

Edit: And X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter
Edit2: And some of those maze games from waaay back in the (386, 486) day. Blind Maze, Mad Maze . . . I don't know, tech could really add some craaazy new twists to maze games.

That's easy - my top 5 are:

1) System Shock 3
2) System Shock 3
3) System Shock 3
4) System Shock 3
5) System Shock 3

AVP3
X-Wing Alliance
Star Wars Rebellion ( old hardcore game, very interesting if you learn how to play it )

4. Zork anyone? Ok, that shows my age.

zork were great games:) especially nemisis and grand inquisitor.

i really want to see a total remake of system shock 1, a PROPER shock 3 would rule (if the rumors are true, EA is going to murder it), and some new wing commander games:)

1. Wing Commander series, all of them, the exact same games just updated Graphics, I'll even live with the Mark Hammil cut scenes. (I remember playing the original on my Zenith IBM clone, super fast at 8Mhz, with a whopping 20 Mb 5.25 harddrive with 640Kb onboard ram with a 640Kb ISA memory upgrade, a VGA graphics and ADlib sound, and was shocked how amazing the graphics were)

2. Mechwarrior

3. Max Payne/ Fall of Max Payne

4. LucasArts Battle of Britain (Flight sim)

5. Dark Forces

6. Return to Castle Wolfenstien

7. Eye of the Beholder series

8. Gunship

9. M1 Tank Platoon

10. Space Quest series

11. X-wing/TIE series

12. Ultima 1 - VII

Well if that list didn't age me.....

Oh yeah, the Ultima games. Loved them! Graphics need a huge overhaul. Other than that, nothing else needs changed really.

1. Sam & Max: Hit the Road
2. Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
3. Diablo I & II
4. Counterstrike

I know there are a ton more, but it's been so long that I've forgotten the names!

I have only one:

The Neverhood

Imagine DX9/10 shaders and lighting.... mmmmmm

One that wasn't played by a lot of folks...never really got out of the gates, but now the technology exists to support it:

FireTeam:D

My top 10 in no specific order:

Outlaws
Star Wars Dark Forces II
X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter
Ultima Underworld
Interstate '76
Might & Magic World of Xeen
World of Warcraft
Comanche: Maximum Overkill
Redneck Rampage
Duke Nukem 3d......oh wait, we want these to be remade in "our" lifetime! :)

Monster Truck Madness
Soldier of Fortune 2
Goldeneye (Source anyone?)
Perfect Dark (*See Goldeneye)
Age of Empires 2 (More civilizations)
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (Source Engine ftw)

there is a mod called goldeneye:source. very well put together by the way, I play it everynow and then. JUST like on the 64.

Back