Old games you would like to see remade.

I'd like to see the System Shock series games redone so that they run under XP. Well, part one at least. I've never played them unfortunately and I always hear great stuff about the series.

I would love to see another Vigilante8

and...JET MOTO!!!! I would kill to have another Jet Moto made.

EDIT: Blaster Master as well...that game was excellent.

I have already said it but...

Final Fantasy 7 has to be undergoing a remake right now... just in secret... and it needs to be released on its 10th anniversey (Sept 7th 2007 North America)

It cant be that hard to keep the same game just redo all the graphics.... and the millions and millions that would be made off the game.... Chage 59$ for the Remake, 99$ for the Collectors...

$$$$$$$$

I also miss Starflight (on my Tandy 1000HX), just threw away those 5-1/4" floppy disks too!

NFL Blitz - I keep a dual boot linux/Win98 box running just to play that one.

Aces over Europe - jets and space craft (lasers and missles) take all the fun out of dogfighting IMO, besides, what's more fun than shooting a nip or kraut outta the sky with a Corsair?

Mechwarrior/Mech Commander series - without M$ involvement please (they really screwed it up)

Leisure Suit Larry - updated with current social issues and problems... organ theft, AIDS, pre-op trans-sexuals, terrorism, racism, WMD, etc... also instead of having to read text boxes, lets use... Michael Richards (Cosmo Kramer) voice for Larry's voice. :D

lol reason for deleting was drunk posting lol didnt' know that was a reason to deltete... lol

anyway yea Tribes is where it's at

NordicRX8 said:
Leisure Suit Larry - updated with current social issues and problems (snip) pre-op trans-sexuals
That was already dealt with in the La Costa Lotta health spa one. Remember the "girl" on the beach?

The whole Zelda series shows time and time again that a game can be remade and be every bit as good if not better than the original.

When a creator creates a story or idea for a game, he has one vision, but that vision almost always never matches what the final product is to a T. There's always "limitations" be it hardware or time.

I'm picturing in some distant future, you jack into a game and "become" Link and "live" the Legend of Zelda...

You know it's only a matter of time...

Anyone Mention "Space Hulk" that was one fantastic game. Squad Based Strategy with a 3D Interface and real time overview.. Very Addicting.

That's_Corporate said:
PRIVATEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Roberts Did Remake Privateer.. We know this game as Freelancer. (Freelancer is another name for Privateer). Freelancer is just as fun and with a much larger and more interesting enviroment.

Zallek said:
OMG MegaRace was friggen tons of fun when I had my 486 Packard Bell lmao I still have the cd for it.
I remember playing that same game on our Packard Bell! My parents still have that CD, too. I remember those stupid prizes, too....("Covers! For your car seats! How nice!")

X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing: Alliance, definitely. (I hated the graphical glitching in XW:A when an object would come into view. Grrr. There is, however, the XW:A Upgrade project, which is pretty much just as good as a remake).

shadowfax said:
That was already dealt with in the La Costa Lotta health spa one. Remember the "girl" on the beach?

LOL, no kiddin!? I must have missed that one. I have some searching to do.

Mohonri said:
X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing: Alliance, definitely. (I hated the graphical glitching in XW:A when an object would come into view. Grrr. There is, however, the XW:A Upgrade project, which is pretty much just as good as a remake).
QFT

Must be able to play with a joystick, though, none of this flight sim with a mouse crap.

TheBluePill said:
Chris Roberts Did Remake Privateer.. We know this game as Freelancer. (Freelancer is another name for Privateer). Freelancer is just as fun and with a much larger and more interesting enviroment.

Okay fine...

FREELANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

That's_Corporate said:
Okay fine...

FREELANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you havent played it, you simply must.

Commander Keen, definitely. I remember emailing 3D Realms not long after Duke3d came out asking if they were making Keen3d... I didn't get a response (I believe there are issues with IP ownership?) I don't want an FPS though, move it into 3d the way Nintendo made Mario 64 and add stun guns and pogo-sticks :)

Props to the OP for mentioning Syndicate too. [shameless plug] I have a copy for sale and it includes other classic games! [/shameless plug]

I discovered (thanks to my fellow [H] members) Warning Forever, and it's made me want more side scroller shooters. Games like Raptor, Tyrain, and even Jazz Jackrabbit!

Anybody remember Super Dodgeball for the NES? That was great fun :D

And I'm sure I'm forgetting something... lol

edit: I just remembered another game I had. It was on a shareware CDRom. You'd play as one particular planet and you would build fleets and missles and then send them at the other planets and try to destroy their fleets so you could conquer them. Every battle showed your ships/missles fighting with the enemy and stuff blowing up. It was great if you had a good imagination. It was a pretty simple game, but I enjoyed it...

Wally said:
Road Rash

QUOTED

FOR

TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely LOVED THAT GAME! My brother and I spent COUNTLESS HOURS playing the crap out of that game for our N64. I'd love to see a modern version of that!

X-COM series using the engine from the Freedom Force games.

All the tactical turned based stuff is already in the Freedom Force games.
It would just be a matter of adding the base building.

The first Freedom Force game even had one mission where you fought some alien types with blasters.

TheBluePill said:

If you havent played it, you simply must.

I plan on doing so over the holidays, all the reviews say it's awesome.
I loved privateer, so it looks like I'll love Freelancer as well :)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo... well sort of

I would love to see a street fighter game done in hd. But only if done a certain way. It would have to play like SSF2T. None of the tag-team, selectable-turbo, auto/maual BS.

Just a good fighting game with a decent light combo system, and tons of characters. Hell, they could bring every character from every street fighter series, or even bring in the dark stalkers characters too, etc.

I would imagine that with todays technologies they could put together a 2D fighter that ran in HD, looked like a freakin cartoon with no pixelation, and hundreds of characters. I think if Capcom, or whoever owns the rights to the street fighter franchise put out a new version that was updated, but played like the classic version they would sell millions if they.

Then again I'm sure they would never do it that way. They would probably make it a whole new game with new combo systems, etc that would ruin it IMO.

While we're at it I would like a remastered Original Trilogy without any added politically correct, or computer generated footage. Just cleaned up..... Han shot first damn it!

alan.p said:
Impossible Mission 1 and 2 by Epyx. I spent years on those games, and never managed to finish it. I don't know anyone who finished it.

But I'd like to see a remake of it.

"Anozza visitor. Stay a while... staaaay foreeeeveeeeer!"

AWESOME games, I never even figured out how to beat them back in the day. LOL Those puzzle peices sucked. Hehehe

Best game i remeber from my youth

Back