Old Games That NEED a Next Gen Remix

Interstate '76
Tie Fighter - Fight for the empire and rise in the emperor's secret circle? Hell yeah.
Test Drive Unlimited - open world public road racing over multiple states is what I want
Rally Championship 2000 - The real essence of rally driving RBR may beat it in physics but overall this captures the soul of rallying much better.
SimCopter/Streets of Simcity - ok these were terrible games, but the core concept I think was great, if they were realized with proper graphics and playability they'd be fun.

And I miss arcade style war games, like Armored Fist series, Hind, LHX, Retaliator, Tank Commander, etc.

Good number of games could see a good remake. To choose just a few:

Ace Combat 4
Rainbow 6 Raven Shield

Was going to put Homeworld 2, but that is already getting one. I chose games where there is no real modern alternative. Might be more I am not thinking of at the moment.

On a slightly related topic, I was thinking of how cartoonish graphics like those in Mario 64 don't look as bad as realistic looking PS2 era games.

I
Deus Ex

Never play it (only HR) but I would like to play the original on a newer engine.

Deus Ex and Perfect Dark were some of my faves back in the day. Also would like to see the Syphon Filter games come back either in HD upgrades or new story with same mechanics.

Would love to see VTM:Bloodlines done with today's graphics and upgraded.

I almost put this on my list, but Bloodlines is not quite old enough to re-make yet IMO. It still holds its own ok with those source-engine facial models.

What I really want is a whole new game in the VTM seriese that continues where Bloodlines ended. I'm sure we'll finally get one right around the time HL3 comes out. :rolleyes:

Oh, but come to think of it, wasn't there 1 or more games in the VTM seriese before Bloodlines that are now impossible to find? If we're talking total remakes, I'd love to play the older VTM games remade in modern engines.

Oh, and Elder Scrolls 1-3. I still have never played those because they just look too old and outdated to me now. I know there are mod overhauls for Morrowind, but it's always just seemed like too much trouble to install everything to play it. And at this point I don't think even the overhaul mods would be enough visually for me to find them emersive. Then need to be completely re-done maybe in the next of Bethesda's engines.

Even while graphically less impressive than newer games, I feel that Morrowind just drips with atmosphere, especially compared to Oblivion/Skyrim.

NO.....

because remix/remakes ALWAYS change the game and usually make them worse.

If it was a PURE graphic upgrade and nothing else, I'd be all for it but they'd change other crap and ruin the game.

That would be all that I would want to have happen. Kind of like what was done with Black Mesa Source. There are some mods out there for SS2 that do update the textures and resolution, but a complete graphical overhaul would be amazing.

None. Leave that shit in the past.

This x100.

If you want to play an old game then go play it. Quit demanding remasters. I want new games for this generation not a sad half ass remaster for a quick buck.

The original X-wing and Tie fighter games.
And do NOT change the save game mechanics....or the DIFFICULTY.

I've been saying these for years, but here they are again anyways. Would love to see these all re-made with next gen visuals and audio, and all the clasic gameplay elements still intact.

Rune
BattleZone II: Combat Commander
Hexen
Blood
Deus Ex
Unreal
+1

+Redneck Rampage

One Must Fall: 2099 - My favorite fighting game ever.

Return Fire (3DO) - One of the best multiplayer games (Couch) I've ever played.

Edit: OMG I'm old... OMF came out in '94 and Return Fire in '95!

Mechwarrior2: 31st Century Combat and Mercenaries.

Don't touch the music, basically just graphics+++++ and maybe polish up the AI.

Legend of dragoon would be nice. It's disappointing how this have had been practically forgotten by most people because of the final fantasy games.

Say it every time this thread comes up: Shogo. Game was pretty amazing for its time, just think about how much could be done with larger maps, etc.

One Must Fall: 2099 - My favorite fighting game ever.

Return Fire (3DO) - One of the best multiplayer games (Couch) I've ever played.

Edit: OMG I'm old... OMF came out in '94 and Return Fire in '95!

OMF was GREAT!!! Haha.

Resident Evil 2, 3 & CVX.
MechWarrior (seriously, WTF happened to this franchise?)
Descent (or the very good Descent-clone Forsaken from Acclaim)

Earthbound

Clockwork Knight with steam achievements and added levels

Earthbound would be really weird to remaster. I don't think Earthbound would have much of an audience either as it was kind of nearing the tail end of the grand 16-bit JRPG era. I can't even imagine the fan base which would probably pan it without a second thought.

Clockwork Knight man really weird but cool Sega Saturn game but I don't know if that would carry over well either. Plus I don't think there are many that even remember Clockwork Knight. I think it would only spark a niche interest at best.

I miss old side scrollers, so I'd like to see the following:

Vice: Project DOOM
Nemo the DreamMaster
Battletoads

I'd like to see the Lands of Lore franchise create a new game as well.

Destruction Derby

YES. I'm really, really hoping that Next Car Game: Wreckfest turns out to be a spiritual successor to DD, but it's been in Early Access forever.

Also, I agree on several games that have been posted so for something different, I'd love to see Quarantine remade. Keep the dark, gritty atmosphere but give me similar gameplay and enhanced graphics because the old ones are well, just look at the screenshot.

Yeah I enjoy Wreckfest but it seems to have been in alpha for so long now.

I haven't played in a awhile, but did they fix the dmg model to be more realistic? (IE It looks and feels really out of place to be driving a car that has the entire front end smashed into the back and it still drives when any normal car wouldn't).

Hmm, not sure man, I actually haven't bought it yet (I have a policy to not buy Early Access games until they are finished, though I realize many of them are still very playable).

You could also check out Gas Guzzlers Extreme with the Full Metal Frenzy DLC. The DLC adds a Destruction Derby mode (as well as some other things) that sounds cool. The game receives really positive reviews, though you might want to wait for a sale. The base game was just 75% off recently, with the DLC something like 80% off.

I miss old side scrollers, so I'd like to see the following:

Vice: Project DOOM
Nemo the DreamMaster
Battletoads

I'd like to see the Lands of Lore franchise create a new game as well.

I think you'll see Battletoads this year or next year. Now the type of game is unkown. Part of me would like it to be a side scroller but part of me would like something open world.

Walker, on the Amiga. I keep thinking how great it would be in 3D, but it seems to have been forgotten.

I love any Psygnosis game. (well, almost any... :D ) I'd love a modern game set in the Shadow of the Beast universe.

Sword of the Samurai. I still play this game and love it. If they do redo it, make it similar to the Pirates! update.
Seconding Return Fire, that game was stupid fun.

FF7 HD remake. It's been teased and denied so many times.

I am aware Square said it ain't gonna happen. :(

Back