Old Games That NEED a Next Gen Remix

Few blasts from the past

Dune, the one before the RTS
Reunion aka Merit's Galactic Reunion
Populous: The Beginning
Earth 2150
Giant Citizen Kabuto

Shenmue - I'd love to see this get some attention. Shenmue 3 has got to be the most requested sequel in gaming history, and I think any opportunity to revisit the first two games (or bring in a new audience that missed them on Dreamcast) would do wonders for the potential to see Shenmue 3 get made. I would be happy with a straight HD port, but I would be even happier to see the game maybe slightly modernized. Nothing gameplay altering, but a sprucing up of the visuals and maybe modernizing the controls for modern dual analog gamepads.

Shogo or NOLF - Monolith made some seriously awesome FPS games back in the day. I'd love to see them take another crack at it. I loved both of these games when I was younger.

Metal Gear Solid (all of them) - I have very fond memories of MGS 1 and 2. In their current state though, they will remain just that. I tried replaying both games recently and found their controls to be incredibly cumbersome. MGS 4 and Ground Zeroes play much better, IMO. I would love to see the first three games updated to look and play like Ground Zeroes.

One Must Fall: 2099 - My favorite fighting game ever.

Return Fire (3DO) - One of the best multiplayer games (Couch) I've ever played.

Edit: OMG I'm old... OMF came out in '94 and Return Fire in '95!

Return Fire had a Windows version. I remember playing the demo from my PC Gamer discs.

Shenmue - I'd love to see this get some attention. Shenmue 3 has got to be the most requested sequel in gaming history, and I think any opportunity to revisit the first two games (or bring in a new audience that missed them on Dreamcast) would do wonders for the potential to see Shenmue 3 get made. I would be happy with a straight HD port, but I would be even happier to see the game maybe slightly modernized. Nothing gameplay altering, but a sprucing up of the visuals and maybe modernizing the controls for modern dual analog gamepads.

Shogo or NOLF - Monolith made some seriously awesome FPS games back in the day. I'd love to see them take another crack at it. I loved both of these games when I was younger.

Metal Gear Solid (all of them) - I have very fond memories of MGS 1 and 2. In their current state though, they will remain just that. I tried replaying both games recently and found their controls to be incredibly cumbersome. MGS 4 and Ground Zeroes play much better, IMO. I would love to see the first three games updated to look and play like Ground Zeroes.

The purist in me would want Shenmue 3 made with the same graphics style and voice acting as the 1&2. But I also realize only the fans would appreciate it. Some disagree but I think Shenmue would have a better appeal today, if it was redone in the style of Sleeping Dogs.

I would love it Shogo was was redone. I thought the game was amazing when it came out.

I agree with all the MGS games being remade in the Fox engine. I thought Ground Zeroes was the best MGS game as far as controls and mechanics.

I'd love to see this. As well as a hugely updated version of the original MG1 & 2 on NES.

Can't believe nobody said super metroid don't touch anything just update the graphics. Tribes with updated graphics. Total annihilation with updated graphics. Why is it we want everything from the past? I haven't enjoyed a video game in ages with all the tech we have today something about games has not advanced

Vagrant-Story-3.jpg

^Man, I wish my save for that game didn't get lost or whatever the hell happened. I can't remember. I was at like 80% of the game and something happened and I stopped. It was fun though.

Can't believe nobody said super metroid don't touch anything just update the graphics. Tribes with updated graphics. Total annihilation with updated graphics. Why is it we want everything from the past? I haven't enjoyed a video game in ages with all the tech we have today something about games has not advanced

Imo super metroid holds up just fine without a remake.

Yep, came to post this. Just graphics though! The feel of the game was about perfect, wouldn't' want to lose that.

I don't know... while gameplay was fun as heckfire and brimpebbles in X-Wing, I think it would be a bit simplistic to do a remix as-is. Kind of like Wing Commander would be nice with a graphics redo, but it would just seem to be missing something if nothing else was introduced.

Just terrific, now I have those X-wing laser "pew-pew" sounds stuck in my head. Who knew sitting in the same place for an hour as a kid blasting away at a star destroyer would have made an annoyingly indelible imprint on me 20+ years later.

I wish Duke Nukem 3D could be redone the right way. I would love an updated source or unreal engine version with all the original maps.

Agreed, but it would be interesting to see it in Metroid Prime-style first-person, i.e. complete remake (not just "remix").

That would be so weird. I couldnt get into the metroid prime games at all first person just threw me way off.

Smash TV
A true Bards Tale RPG sequel, not this comedy horse shit
Oni
Die by the Sword
Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries
Skate or Die!

I guess I want to see another side scrolling metroid that can come close to the legendary super metroid

Imo super metroid holds up just fine without a remake.

+1. The graphics and game mechanics on Super Metroid are absolutely perfect. I wouldn't want to change a thing. If you look around there have been some fan remakes you can play in emulator form, similar to Kaizo Mario.

Heavens cloud what did they remake? I just want a side scrolling metroid! I couldnt get into the prime stuff bc I personally feel metroid is side scrolling game same with the mario series...Nintendo make a side scrolling metroid plz!

Nexus the Jupiter incident. Everyone who disagrees with this never played the game.

Back