Old athlon (k7) 750 or 1000 machine

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
I built my dad a machine ages ago, which he still used for ripping audio tapes to digital format until recently, the machine still works, has a sound blaster live in it as well, IIRC it's either a 750 oc'd to 1000, or a 1000. What can I do with it? I Feel bad throwing away a piece of history :) but I don't exactly have a lot of storage space either.

still plenty of love out there for good 462 systems

I kind of miss my old KK266-R system sometimes...AXIA core T-bird OCd to 1.3GHz; Thermoengine CPU cooler (the one with the liquid core, predecessor of modern heatpipes) with a Delta Black Label 60MM screamer, errr fan; RAM OCd to PC-150 (I skipped first-gen DDR completely because my throughput was actually higher in Sandra).

Aw man. Sudden memories of my Abit NF7-S v2.0 with a huge Thermalright copper cooler on an Athlon XP-M 2500+ Barton (@ 2.5 ghz, no less). My first true fire-breathing rig...good times. I think my friend was still using it as a file server until the caps blew two years ago.

It could still serve as a file server or firewall, I'd think. Might be a bit of a power pig compared to today's tech, though.

Donate it to a retirement home or other senior organization. You'd be surprised how many old folks want a basic machine to e-mail the grandkids.

Back