Ok..what are people doing for thier colors on thier 2405?

Gmok Bonecrusha

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a 6800 ultra...And obviously a 2405.

Has anyone with a 6800 and 2405 found the perfect color settings?(Subjective I know)

I still have this washed out look...Is the only way I can describe it.

The vibrance slider just has my colors looking kinda funky.

OR is there some sort of auto cal. for the 6800?Or a standard comparison site out there for color reproduction?

I have brightness set to 27 points and gamma at 0.9. I can't remember what my RGB settings are but I'll try to remember and post back with them here when I get home. And yes the monitor does look way to bright and washed out of the box IMO.

the quickest way to solve it is lowering gamma in the display options... i have mine at .7 - .8....cuz i like that rich deep color look

I use mine for graphic design along side a lacie 22" CRT. I have the colors matched very close now with the following settings:

- Brightness 15 (lower is still within range, but not higher!)
- R - 21
- G - 20
- B - 12
- Gamma 81

I tried the dadj settings, and they looked "washed out" to me. If you feel the same, then build to suit.

I lower the greens much more than dadj, and leave the blues close to the red numbers. The greens appear too strong on many pictures I download off the Internet, while others look fine. This was the case with both, (a) my prior setup: ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon (AGP, VGA cable) and eMachines 17" CRT, and (b) my current setup: Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (AGP, DVI cable) and Dell 2405. I'm using the same main board (abit). I also used the Sapphire with my CRT for a few days while waiting on the 2405, but I can't recall if I had to change any Sapphire settings (everything was already set with the CRT, which gave me full control over all settings with VGA).

My RGB (the only things controllable from the 2405 menu) prior to trying dadj's numbers were 54, 39, 50. I don't know what card dadj was using, but my card's defaults for gamma, brightness and contrast are 1, 0, 100. My personal settings were 1.5, -50, 51. After trying dadj's settings, I am now trying 1.05, -90, 85 and they look pretty good too. These settings give me decent color pictures, and make reading the white text on black backrgound of this forum tolerable (actually it generated less eye-strain on the first settings (1.5, -50, 51), so I may tweak some more). Either of my settings did not give me a washed out appearance, and that's the first thing I noticed with dadj (sorry, dude).

hi

can anyone tell me how to adjust this within the monitor? i can only adjust the brightness and gamma settings via the nvidia display properties, however when i use the inbuilt monitor menus it wont let me adjust this, its like greyed out,

i have a 2405.

rgds

Back