OK, This One is on Me

However.... How do you review a gaming chair? What are the characteristics?

First and foremost - does it fit the glutes and provide full coverage without roll over. Second does the armrests expand out or do they pinch the middle? Does the cushioning hold up after 18 hour marathon sessions? Do the casters roll seamlessly from carpet to hard surfaces and back? Do they have suitable lubrication and not lock up?

Do I recall though, one time you had some giant give-away or you sold stuff for a charity, at a storage locker place in Dallas or somewhere near?
I remember pictures and guys walking away with some really nice stuff.
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2010/12/13/photos_from_hardocp_genmay_giveaway/

1292261336Gpk4Xs5pzu_1_10_l.jpg

Da fuck? I like solidity and enjoy the hell out of my steel desk from the 1940s. I did take out the spring loaded typewriter tray behind the left door though and it fits a full-size laser printer now.

Looks like this one here:
View attachment 15059

Had one of those. Destroyed my kneecaps in the process. Would not slam into again.

There should be a benchmark on how many cycles can the wheel turn on a treadmill without it melting and what is the speed cap before it happens.

Now a bit unsure how do you run an overclock test using the concept.

There should be a benchmark on how many cycles can the wheel turn on a treadmill without it melting and what is the speed cap before it happens.

Kyle could always put a tow hitch on his Viper and go to a track day event. It is a racing chair after all. Now, who is willing to volunteer for the test dummy job. Hmmm.

I am amazed with how good the YouTube 4K video is after they got done compressing it.

Oh wow that is an impressively good looking chair.

Still wouldn't pay that for a chair, but it does look good. Wish I had started hardware reviews years ago when I had the chance. :D

Thanks for the review looks like a quick straight foraward build. Do those wheels match the fabric? Kyle what camera is that you shot the vid with, came out great on youtube and it picked up sound very well.

I still swear this chair is just an expensive knock off of the HermanMiller Mira 2 chair that I use at work. My chair at work is supremely comfortable and I am very tempted to buy one for myself at home.

Cool, like the vid’s.. stacks of memory and vid cards on the desk and working in your socks, you sure your not from Cali? hehehe

Thanks for the review looks like a quick straight foraward build. Do those wheels match the fabric? Kyle what camera is that you shot the vid with, came out great on youtube and it picked up sound very well.
No, not even close to matching. Wheels are bright red, and the chair leather is maroon.

I still swear this chair is just an expensive knock off of the HermanMiller Mira 2 chair that I use at work. My chair at work is supremely comfortable and I am very tempted to buy one for myself at home.
I own a Herman Miller too, and it is very very close.

Cool, like the vid’s.. stacks of memory and vid cards on the desk and working in your socks, you sure your not from Cali? hehehe
I actually did the socks on purpose to hopefully introduce less noise. :) Nope, not from Cali, 6th generation Texan.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
Can't believe I just spent 12 minutes watching an old man build an office chair.

Got to admit I was a bit nervous when Kyle was working that plastic with the razor blade - thought for sure it was going to get real horror show, real quick.

What about the headrest? You left that completely off! Did I miss Kyle swearing off the headrest somewhere while skipping the "light action" parts?

Can't believe I just spent 12 minutes watching an old man build an office chair.

Got to admit I was a bit nervous when Kyle was working that plastic with the razor blade - thought for sure it was going to get real horror show, real quick.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me too. If you look really close you can see the blood.

What about the headrest? You left that completely off! Did I miss Kyle swearing off the headrest somewhere while skipping the "light action" parts?
Yeah, I left that out. It connects with two screws and comes with the tool to do it, so another couple minutes....

20170126_154804.jpg 20170126_154822.jpg

Nice chair, I need to get a new one. Nice house BTW, we need a 4K tour of the house Kyle.

how much HP did you lose on that inital cut, and how much additional HP did you lose until the last stack of bleed wore off? I want to setup a chair like this but want to make sure I go into it with enough HP so that I don't have to waste any inventory items during the battle.

how much HP did you lose on that inital cut, and how much additional HP did you lose until the last stack of bleed wore off? I want to setup a chair like this but want to make sure I go into it with enough HP so that I don't have to waste any inventory items during the battle.

Probably not much, being from Texas you get +2 Constitution but -2 Intelligence. ;) (jk don't ban me)

If you are going to review chairs, I'd love to see one for the Autonomous Ergonomic chair!

I hear they simply don't do review samples though.

The way you slide that box on the floor made me twitch...
This office was carpeted when I bought the house. I pulled that up and put down commercial grade laminate flooring, the kind you would find in a retail store or hotel. Tough stuff. It is very resistant to any kind of damage.....except dropping water blocks on it, it does not like that.

I bought a used SteelCase chair from an office supplier. I've had it for about 20 years now. The vinyl arm rests recently developed cracks - I used gaffers tape to repair the cracks... I'm soft of looking for another chair. I'd buy the one I have again in a heart beat. It's a nice chair. Think I paid $200. Downside - other people have probably farted in my chair before I did.

I was expecting one of those crazy colorful race bucket seat style ones, but it's not and it's not that bad looking. $700 is a lot for the chair though.

Pull the user loaded chair at speed behind an SUV at speed down the street of course;)

Man, I saw that and cringed, was it the plastic or the razor blade?

Almost always end up cutting myself on some plastic packaging.

It's nice that they include optional caster locks. I hate whenever my chair decides to roll during racing games.

Good lord, what happened to the young man that I remember running this place back in the late 90s?

Thanks for making me feel old Kyle.

New flash, we are all getting old. >< Just don't look at old photographs, it makes it worse. lol

Good lord, what happened to the young man that I remember running this place back in the late 90s?

Hehe, I was an "old man" when I started this business.

Speaking from personal experience, having a good chair only grows in importance as you get older.

I'm feeling really old lately too. I'm not kidding. Two hip surgeries last year :(

Moving forward with "the review" as we speak......

Need to know "mod-ability".
Can we put in RGB lights?
Speakers?
Force-Feedback?
Maximum weight limit?
Maximum Rolling speed?
Kid/pet resilience?

https://www.hardocp.com/article/201...igger_350_special_edition_gaming_chair_review

Vertagear Triigger 350 Special Edition Gaming Chair Review
What happens when you rope yourself in to doing a gaming chair review? You take your time, do it right, and make sure your butt spends at least a few months in the chair before you write your review. My butt has been in the VertaGear Triigger 350 Gaming Chair for over 3 months, and here are my thoughts.

Back