Ok, NOW the RTX 3060 eth hash limiter has been hacked.

That dropped me down to 29 MH/s. I found that once I drop below 85% (just under 1000 mv) hash rate starts dropping pretty dramatically.
you could try ocing the core. try 700, 725, 750mv @ +120mhz core and see if hashrate restores but with power savings. It is often a core clock threshold not a pl/mv threshold that cuts your hashrate.

-100 core + 1380 mem 85% power This is on an EVGA 12G-P5-3657-KR and it consumes 144 watts with those settings.

While decent, it is no where near as efficient as my 3080's (EVGA FTW3 Ultra's) which do 100 MH/s @ 230 watts or my 3090's (EVGA KingPin and XC3 Ultra Hybrid) which do 122 MH/s @ 300 watts.

Hell, even my 5700XT rigs do better at 57 MH/s @ 110 watts.

I have the exact same 3060. I mean my friend does.... Maybe that's why he is locked at 49. Any higher and stability suffers, but he doesn't want to go higher on voltage and lose efficiency. At 49Mh/s I'm only using about 112 watts, and my 3060 stays cool. I mean, my FRIEND'S 3060.

Can it be used as a currency, sure. But until it has anything resembling stability in "value" it can never exist as a real currency. The bane of any currency is massive spikes in value. Spikes we see with crypto give no confidence in the ability to use it because in a week you have no clue what its current value could be and the difference can be massive. If the $1 USD was worth $1 today, $5 next week and $0.25 a week later no one would use it as a currency.
Pretty much like this.

A lot of you are hung up on the term "currency." There's already US case law showing crypto as a commodity (U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission v. My Big Coin Pay Inc.). If you look at it as a commodity, then price swings aren't as unacceptable. Oil has fluctuated between $19 and $69 a barrel over the past year and people aren't bringing out the pitchforks.

Let's call it what it is. People don't necessarily mind others playing around with crypto with their own time and money. They just don't like it when the crypto people buy video cards and they can't get one. If everyone had one readily available, no one would care what miners did rather than random rage against the miners.

There's a bit more to it than that. Much of the "value" is simply demand driven by buying and selling. That's the reason I can't believe that it's a currency at all. Most people don't care about it as a currency and don't use it that way. It's seen and used as an investment or commodity of hot air.

Can it be used as a currency, sure. But until it has anything resembling stability in "value" it can never exist as a real currency. The bane of any currency is massive spikes in value. Spikes we see with crypto give no confidence in the ability to use it because in a week you have no clue what its current value could be and the difference can be massive. If the $1 USD was worth $1 today, $5 next week and $0.25 a week later no one would use it as a currency.

Sure, and the demand is driven by what? The Bitcoin faithful adhering to their religion. That and speculators. So far, we’ve gone from currency to commodity to “digital gold” to “millennials will replace gold with Bitcoin”. We’ve also gone from a libertarian revolution with Bitcoin being at the centre of it in order to stick it to the banksters and hedge fund managers in the name of helping the little guy, to getting super excited because JP Morgan and Stanley Druckenmiller have expressed interest. We also stress how this is decentralized with no central bank or authority exerting influence while acknowledging that 2% of wallets hold 95% of the supply, which is great because this is a decentralized form of centralization. Like I said, choose your narrative, adjust accordingly, everything that happens is bullish.

Sure, and the demand is driven by what? The Bitcoin faithful adhering to their religion. That and speculators. So far, we’ve gone from currency to commodity to “digital gold” to “millennials will replace gold with Bitcoin”. We’ve also gone from a libertarian revolution with Bitcoin being at the centre of it in order to stick it to the banksters and hedge fund managers in the name of helping the little guy, to getting super excited because JP Morgan and Stanley Druckenmiller have expressed interest. We also stress how this is decentralized with no central bank or authority exerting influence while acknowledging that 2% of wallets hold 95% of the supply, which is great because this is a decentralized form of centralization. Like I said, choose your narrative, adjust accordingly, everything that happens is bullish.
https://insights.glassnode.com/bitcoin-supply-distribution/

on a side note - I booted up daggerhashimoto this morning and my 3090 is pulling in an additional 30MH/s than it ever has before at the same undervolt mining settings I've always used, anyone else seeing something similar? went from around 110-113 to 140+ and hasn't changed in over an hour.

on a side note - I booted up daggerhashimoto this morning and my 3090 is pulling in an additional 30MH/s than it ever has before at the same undervolt mining settings I've always used, anyone else seeing something similar? went from around 110-113 to 140+ and hasn't changed in over an hour.

What mining program? I didn't notice that on my end.

nice hash - excavator - daggerhashimoto

Still holding steady t+ 1h30m

140MHS.png

Does your pool show the increased hashrate as well?

Yeah

The unpaid mining balance is matching up with the increased speeds too.

I'll know in an hour if it pays out on the +30MH
It looks like you should be getting up to 150MH with the 3090. Not sure why it randomly jumped up though.

It looks like you should be getting up to 150MH with the 3090. Not sure why it randomly jumped up though.
Wow i've never seen anyone that high before under 300w, best results are usually around 120-125 with well over +1000 on the memory.

Yeah. both of the 3090's I have mined with are right around 120 @ 300 watts with +1200 on memory. I'm running Phoenix and TRex miner. Not sure if I can use Excavator when not mining to NH pool, but if these increases are real, I'm going to give it a shot!

I tried excavator last week and it was worse than phoenixminer. oldmanbal what nvidia driver are you on?

edit: I installed quickminer to see what's up. Still slower than phoenix for me.

Last edited:
I tried excavator last week and it was worse than phoenixminer. oldmanbal what nvidia driver are you on?
461.72 - probably only updated to that driver for The Medium game, which was a buggy texture swapping mess on launch.

The only possible change i can think of on my side was a windows update that may have come through yesterday or the day before. And I may have spilled some coffee in a usb port this morning before I was actually awake

-100 core + 1380 mem 85% power This is on an EVGA 12G-P5-3657-KR and it consumes 144 watts with those settings.

While decent, it is no where near as efficient as my 3080's (EVGA FTW3 Ultra's) which do 100 MH/s @ 230 watts or my 3090's (EVGA KingPin and XC3 Ultra Hybrid) which do 122 MH/s @ 300 watts.

Hell, even my 5700XT rigs do better at 57 MH/s @ 110 watts.
What are your settings at for your 3080 ftw? I'm at around 95 mh/s for my 3080 ftw +1100 Memory -150 core 68% power

Back