Ok, NOW the RTX 3060 eth hash limiter has been hacked.

No hacking needed for yall miners to get 50 mh on the 3060. Just download the nvidia driver from the developer portal

This is crazy, but in a way - "good" for gamers.

My 3080 gets around 85-90 MH/s when mining (I have pretty aggressive "safeguards" in place since I don't want to burn it out) - it makes the 3060 a much better target for miners at about half the price of a 3080.

Hopefully scalper prices for 3080s go down while the 3060s goes up as miners target those for best power/performance balance.

This is good because at some point the crypto market will crash and all those graphic cards will be for sale at a deep discount. 2021 is a dead year for graphic cards, and maybe Intel's GPU's might help a bit, but it will only be a bit. I don't see BitCoin crashing anytime soon because I believe this crypto boom is the result of the economic depression we're now all experiencing. We'll know it's over when we have a 4th competitor to the GPU market, or another better ASIC is made that does a far better job at mining.

Last edited:
Or did you?

If this whole two lines of cards, one for gamers, one for miners thing was marketing -- which I'm still convinced it was -- than leaving the keys in the ignition like that was intentional. Now gamers know there is software that enables mining, it's in the wild, and miners can know that they can sell these cards once they hit their resale targets.

And Nvidia fans will still love them for it, and say "at least Nvidia tried. AMD never even bothered."

The one where he runs his hand through his ass crack beforehand?
StinkPalm.jpg

This is good because at some point the crypto market will crash and all those graphic cards will be for sale at a deep discount. 2021 is a dead year for graphic cards, and maybe Intel's GPU's might help a bit it will only be a bit. I don't see BitCoin crashing anytime soon because I believe this crypto boom is the result of the economic depression we're now all experiencing. We'll know it's over when we have a 4th competitor to the GPU market, or another better ASIC is made that does a far better job at mining.

well crypto goes through a cycle, so sure next correction will be deep when the bull run is over. I think a smart person keeps on mining because its quicker to earn coins when its in correction and then it pays off when things go in to bull market again. This was the same story in 2017. then for next year and half it was a down cycle.

ROFL> Nvidia just allows you to download a driver. OOPS accident but now the driver is in the wild and everyone can mine with 3060. I think it was a stupid move anyways. Let users make some money with their card they bought, nothing wrong with that. They just want to avoid hurting sales from used cards but managed to fuck that up too.

So much for that 'Secure' handshake that nVIDIA rep bragged about.
If it he using NVidia made driver like the video say (we never see in the video that it actually work, the hole point being that after 2-3 minutes it is supposed to go down) that does not mean that the secure handshake do not work.

If it he using NVidia made driver like the video say (we never see in the video that it actually work, the hole point being that after 2-3 minutes it is supposed to go down) that does not mean that the secure handshake do not work.
Some reputable people have confirmed that this driver never slows down after a few mins of mining eth. So there is that.

Some reputable people have confirmed that this driver never slows down after a few mins of mining eth. So there is that.
It would be a strange lie to make indeed for what look like to be a youtuber with is actual account, but the point of that post was that it is an Nvidia driver why assume the handshake mechanism is failing to work and simply not that NVidia did sign their own driver to make it possible for people to install it ?

ROFL> Nvidia just allows you to download a driver. OOPS accident but now the driver is in the wild and everyone can mine with 3060. I think it was a stupid move anyways. Let users make some money with their card they bought, nothing wrong with that. They just want to avoid hurting sales from used cards but managed to fuck that up too.
Exactly this entire move is about Nvidia sales next year.

My 3080 gets around 85-90 MH/s when mining (I have pretty aggressive "safeguards" in place since I don't want to burn it out) - it makes the 3060 a much better target for miners at about half the price of a 3080.

Hopefully scalper prices for 3080s go down while the 3060s goes up as miners target those for best power/performance balance.
any card in stock is a good target for miners - short of bitcoin crashing to 10k again. Any hopes to the contrary will be met with disappointment.

well crypto goes through a cycle, so sure next correction will be deep when the bull run is over. I think a smart person keeps on mining because its quicker to earn coins when its in correction and then it pays off when things go in to bull market again. This was the same story in 2017. then for next year and half it was a down cycle.

Yes exactly this. I mined almost non stop between the last cycle and this one and at no point was i making less than my hydro even when the prices cratered. sure at the time it was only like a buck or two a day per card profit, but when i look back at how much BTC this was at todays rates I was making out really well the whole time. The other thing is after a steep correction is the time to buy all the PSU's / risers / mining motherboards etc, at steep discounted rates when everyone tries to offload them. As soon as the next rush hits they get stupid expensive.

Yes exactly this. I mined almost non stop between the last cycle and this one and at no point was i making less than my hydro even when the prices cratered. sure at the time it was only like a buck or two a day per card profit, but when i look back at how much BTC this was at todays rates I was making out really well the whole time. The other thing is after a steep correction is the time to buy all the PSU's / risers / mining motherboards etc, at steep discounted rates when everyone tries to offload them. As soon as the next rush hits they get stupid expensive.
Absolutely. Imagine the market dipping, people stop mining but you keep mining even if you only got a 3090 lol. Yes you will make less but you will earn more coin because less miners = more coins then bull run comes its worth a whole lot more.

I have a 3060 and this new driver and can confirm it works since I have been mining steadily for 6 hours now at right around 50 MH/s. There are some limitations however as follows:

1. 3060 must be primary GPU with monitor connected to it (didn't work with monitor connected directly to motherboard)
2. 3060 must be in a 16x PCIe slot (doesn't work on a 1x riser)
3. Windows only driver

Given those limitations, I don't think the 3060 will be very attractive to miners still. But this is great news for casual gamers that would like their rig to mine ETH when sitting idle.

I have a 3060 and this new driver and can confirm it works since I have been mining steadily for 6 hours now at right around 50 MH/s. There are some limitations however as follows:

1. 3060 must be primary GPU with monitor connected to it (didn't work with monitor connected directly to motherboard)
2. 3060 must be in a 16x PCIe slot (doesn't work on a 1x riser)
3. Windows only driver

Given those limitations, I don't think the 3060 will be very attractive to miners still. But this is great news for casual gamers that would like their rig to mine ETH when sitting idle.
What's the situation using the 3060 in the 16x and other cards on risers? Any testing there? Obviously connecting either a dummy dp/hdmi or monitor to the 3060.

Here's some more info from Discord:

-Use the 470.05 Dev Nvidia driver
-Need to stick the 3060 into motherboard directly (Does not work with riser)
-Must have at least pcie 3.0 enabled in bios, or set to auto
-HDMI/Display port of the graphics card needs to be either connected to a monitor or dummy plug
-2nd 3060 on the same mb will work as long as it is plugged into the x16 slot running x8 lanes or above with HDMI/Display port filled (not confirmed with 3 cards)
-Some have confirmed working cards after fresh windows install, then installing the 470.05 dev driver
-Works on ASUS STRIX/TUF/DUAL 3060, Palit 3060, EVGA black 3060, EVGA 3060 XC GAMING(12G-P5-3657-KR), Galax 3060, Gigabyte 3060 Vision OC, MSI Ventus 2x, MSI Gaming X, Zotac 3060 twin edge
-Does not work on Inno3D that we know of

EDIT2: It seems to have been tested on pci-X 4x slots and did not work. Only 8x and 16x work, with a dummy cable and no risers.

EDIT3: Current record for maximum number of 3060 on 1 mobo is 2 cards, running on x16 and x8 full slots.

EDIT4: 8x / 8x also seems to work.

Here's some more info from Discord:

-Use the 470.05 Dev Nvidia driver
-Need to stick the 3060 into motherboard directly (Does not work with riser)
-Must have at least pcie 3.0 enabled in bios, or set to auto
-HDMI/Display port of the graphics card needs to be either connected to a monitor or dummy plug
-2nd 3060 on the same mb will work as long as it is plugged into the x16 slot running x8 lanes or above with HDMI/Display port filled (not confirmed with 3 cards)
-Some have confirmed working cards after fresh windows install, then installing the 470.05 dev driver
-Works on ASUS STRIX/TUF/DUAL 3060, Palit 3060, EVGA black 3060, EVGA 3060 XC GAMING(12G-P5-3657-KR), Galax 3060, Gigabyte 3060 Vision OC, MSI Ventus 2x, MSI Gaming X, Zotac 3060 twin edge
-Does not work on Inno3D that we know of

EDIT2: It seems to have been tested on pci-X 4x slots and did not work. Only 8x and 16x work, with a dummy cable and no risers.

EDIT3: Current record for maximum number of 3060 on 1 mobo is 2 cards, running on x16 and x8 full slots.

EDIT4: 8x / 8x also seems to work.
aren't most x4 slots that are x16 physical running pcie gen 2? Perhaps the people testing were testing in a gen2 slot which we know doesn't work.

Or they just buy both, because that’s what will end up happening.

doubt it. they seem to still charge more that they are worth, theyre greedy.

i wish it would all go asic, leave the gpus alone.
I'm not sure how many GPU's AMD and Nvidia are manufacturing but the idea is that they're saturating the GPU market and when ASIC's do a better job then they will all go for sale. If Intel enters the market then prices will drop but not enough to match MSRP. You won't see sane GPU prices until 2022 unfortunately, assuming we even see a BitCoin market crash in 2022.

The crypto market crashed in 2017 because of ASIC's. The current boom I believe is because Bitcoin is holding its value better than the Dollar, the Euro, and other currencies. Americans aren't the only ones who made the money printer go Brrr, which is why we're not seeing hyper inflation despite that 40% of Dollars that exist were created in the past 12 months. The value of money is relative to the value of other countries money. If the Euro is also devaluing just like the Dollar then no value was lost. Crypto though isn't beholden to one country and doesn't have to make more currency because of unemployment and stimulus checks. It would make sense that crypto is going up in value and why I believe the crypto boom won't end in 2021, because this economic depression won't end in 2021 despite COVID vaccines. If crypto goes down in value, it will be because governments around the world will start a massive campaign to prevent the use of it. As amazing as crypto is, you won't find it to have much value if you can't convert it to Dollars or Euros or any currency for that matter. Though a ban in crypto would hardly be effective I think but it would certainly effect its value.

Americans aren't the only ones who made the money printer go Brrr, which is why we're not seeing hyper inflation despite that 40% of Dollars that exist were created in the past 12 months. The value of money is relative to the value of other countries money. If the Euro is also devaluing just like the Dollar then no value was lost.
That seem completely counterintuitive to me, why would the price of milk or wood in face value dollars would not move in the USA because of what the euro do.

In that sentence what does devaluing would even mean if there is no value lost ?

I would think that ow much you can buy with dollars should yes absolutely change even if every country do the same, from the little understanding I have velocity of money is an important variable for inflation than volume.

And that seem to have completely crashed like never before in 2020:
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M1V

Making fear of deflation (that those printing machine and stimulus working against it make it not happen), the explosion in money we see is not in form of people having more of them in their pocket spending it more than usual that would cause inflation, but Fed balance sheet or something of the sort. I am not able to understand all of it, but that person seem to explain it here:
https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/economics/whats-behind-the-surge-in-m1-money-supply

Last edited:
I'm not sure how many GPU's AMD and Nvidia are manufacturing but the idea is that they're saturating the GPU market and when ASIC's do a better job then they will all go for sale. If Intel enters the market then prices will drop but not enough to match MSRP. You won't see sane GPU prices until 2022 unfortunately, assuming we even see a BitCoin market crash in 2022.

The crypto market crashed in 2017 because of ASIC's. The current boom I believe is because Bitcoin is holding its value better than the Dollar, the Euro, and other currencies. Americans aren't the only ones who made the money printer go Brrr, which is why we're not seeing hyper inflation despite that 40% of Dollars that exist were created in the past 12 months. The value of money is relative to the value of other countries money. If the Euro is also devaluing just like the Dollar then no value was lost. Crypto though isn't beholden to one country and doesn't have to make more currency because of unemployment and stimulus checks. It would make sense that crypto is going up in value and why I believe the crypto boom won't end in 2021, because this economic depression won't end in 2021 despite COVID vaccines. If crypto goes down in value, it will be because governments around the world will start a massive campaign to prevent the use of it. As amazing as crypto is, you won't find it to have much value if you can't convert it to Dollars or Euros or any currency for that matter. Though a ban in crypto would hardly be effective I think but it would certainly effect its value.
Sure they could ban it. But I don't think major countries like the U.S and other developed nations will because lot of it is already regulated. Rumors out of india I wasn't surprised. I am indian myself but the country is a cluster fuck right now with nationalist movement. They are becoming the next china or even worst. With the recent rumors coming out they want to ban crypto and jail people lol. I mean I get it you want to ban crypto but you want to jail people for holding crypto and buying it? That is some Nazi shit right there lol.

Now I won't be surprised if few months from now they come out and none of it is true cuz corrupt politicians there wanted to buy the dip lol.

In that sentence what does devaluing would even mean if there is no value lost ?
The more money you print the less valuable it gets. Modern money is not tied to gold so what gives it value is based on a lot of factors. One factor is the purchase power relative to other currencies. If America were to say print 40% of the dollars in circulation then relative to the euro the dollar would drop by 40%, assuming all other factors stay relatively constant like GDP and etc. Crypto though is not tied directly to any government issued currencies, so therefore crypto can go up in value. Again, crypto doesn't have people to feed or keep alive like other currencies have. Crypto doesn't need to print more currency. What gives something value can be as simple as having a limited supply of it.

That seem completely counterintuitive to me, why would the price of milk or wood in face value dollars would not move in the USA because of what the euro do.
Globalism is the reason. If milk is worth twice as much some place else then that's where I'm shipping my milk. Also the materials I need to do business can also go up due to the value of the currency going down. Though milk would be harder to ship around the world before spoiling but yea, you get the idea.

As far as I'm concerned the year 2021 is dead for graphic cards for this reason. I can't say what'll happen next year since I don't know what governments are going to do once they get enough people vaccinated. The belief is that once people are vaccinated then everyone opens up their businesses and goes back to work. It isn't that simple unfortunately. At this point the graphics card market is so lucrative that I can see another business jumping in to profit from this madness, besides Intel that is.

Back