ok... new motherboard. (striker extreme). still having high FSB problems

Abhaxus

Weaksauce
A week or so ago I posted a thread about having problems getting a P5N32-E SLI Plus above 344 fsb stable. Well, I gradually kept backing down on the O/C until I was at 3.0ghz/333FSB, then one day the board just took a dump and wouldn't boot at 3.0 and wouldn't run stable even at 7x333 or 2333 mhz. I've got a 1.325 VID g0 Q6600 and the first day I had it it ran 12+ hours stable prime95 at 3.0 ghz at 1.45v.

Anyway, long story short I now have a Striker Extreme. I am having problems with getting this board above 333fsb with the quad core as well, although I left it running prime95 with 4 threads for about 17 hours today and it was perfectly fine at 9x333 1.475v. The kicker, though, is that after I got home from work I got on the net a bit, checked out a few things, and then when I looked at my prime95 window again one of the threads had given a rounding error. Should I be concerned about that, or is that somewhat commonplace when running prime95 25.5 along with doing other things on the PC? I have a little room on the heat to go up to 1.48125v, and honestly 17 hours stable on prime95 is probably enough for me unless other apps start acting up.

Why am I unable to get the board any higher than 333? Looking around the net and on xtremesystems I see that other people are getting strikers and g0 quads up to 400fsb no problem these days with the 1303 bios. Am I doing something wrong? What kind of voltages are safe for the striker northbridge in an Antec 900 with PLENTY of air cooling?

Dam did you buy that Striker retail priced or used...Board is definetly a pain in the but to get a stable clock with a quad...Ive given up on mine...The most important voltages on the striker is the
1.2v =1.5
NB=1.55
SB=1.65
CPUVTT 1.49
Make sure you memory is running INSYNC not at rated speeds..Striker hates running out of sync...Plus at 400fsb you will need about 1.52-1.55v which will give you about 1.48v load in windows. But dont do this on stock heatsink.

Back