Ok, need serious help before I go insane

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
I had a Note 9 for 3 years, and decided to buy a used Note 10. After activating, etc worked great. But after some updates this big black dot appeared on the top front of the phone screen, and no way to get rid of it. So I got pissed and bought a Motorola Edge plus and it has the same damn dot. Only in the top left corner. I don't see anyway to get rid of it.

I did find out it was the camera. But my Note 9 never had it. So is there a way to hide it without using wallpaper to disguise it?

I had a Note 9 for 3 years, and decided to buy a used Note 10. After activating, etc worked great. But after some updates this big black dot appeared on the top front of the phone screen, and no way to get rid of it. So I got pissed and bought a Motorola Edge plus and it has the same damn dot. Only in the top left corner. I don't see anyway to get rid of it.

I did find out it was the camera. But my Note 9 never had it. So is there a way to hide it without using wallpaper to disguise it?
It's the camera, there is no LCD there, so aside from covering it with tape or putting a black bar on the top of your wallpaper...no, you can't hide it.

there should be a way to make apps not draw over the camera cutout so it's just part of the notification bar-on my Motorola G Stylus 2021 it's under Display -> Advanced -> Full Screen -> tap 3 dots in top right -> turn off for all apps

I did find out it was the camera. But my Note 9 never had it. So is there a way to .
Hi, well I wish I could reply with a definite answer, but I have more questions actually. But before I go on a long explanation, I think the most 'Likely' is a developer option of what your notch cutout setting is. And maybe you used a app that can also do system settlings backup, and upon syncing.. well dot.
Assuming you know how to get to ur Dev options, the setting on note 9 is "Display Cutout - {you got options here but 'default device' is the one you want. You may have top left. Selected.

Man I hope this helps, I took screenshots but they aren't included in the image. I checked by creating this left top Black dot and took it away.

I just joined, Saw ur thread title, and answered before even finishing the rules. Hope I didn't step on any toes now.
Tuomas

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210804-042333_Settings-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210804-042333_Settings-01.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Nobu
like this
Back