OK, my new audio setup is done

Not crazy about your speaker stands, but everything else gets (y) (y) (y)

The stands work great. They are filled with aquarium rock, which is very dense. No vibrations pass through to the desk so they do the trick even if they don't look great. They make the tweeter ear height too.

Any chance the speakers could slide off the top of the stands? Looks like a hard plastic casing on them.

Any chance the speakers could slide off the top of the stands? Looks like a hard plastic casing on them.

No, these speakers are very heavy for their size and won't slide. I've used those stands with two other pairs of speakers and never had an issue. You want the stands smaller than the base of the speaker too to avoid reflections.

What would you use instead?

I've never used stands for my desktop speakers. Not much room for them. Sometimes, I've used those foam isolation pads. My current speakers (Klipsch RP150M) have a thin, tilted platform built into the bottom, so no pads with these.

I've never used stands for my desktop speakers. Not much room for them. Sometimes, I've used those foam isolation pads. My current speakers (Klipsch RP150M) have a thin, tilted platform built into the bottom, so no pads with these.

Foam won't isolate as well my custom aquarium rock stands. I could make them less slippery on top by adding some rubber strips, or even velcro. The important thing is that this isolates the speakers so the low frequencies don't travel through the desk and puts the tweeters at ear level.

Back