Ok let's see who's a gamer or hard core geek :)

Some Llama

Limp Gawd
name the quick launch icons.... ( image origin = Windows XP with all eye candy disabled), name the icons you can see on the image (snapshot of my quick launch bar) some are programs, some are just games, name them all and win a prize!!

If this proves too easy a challenge i will revert to my collection of old school games and programs, then you will have the chance to try again to be #1 old school geek!!!

post-10-1102836911.jpg

Good luck, may the biggest Geek/game trivia fan win!!

-Llama

Edited for cleaner screen capture... Same Icons :D

im pretty bad but all i can recongnize is: Call of duty, AIM, shortcut to CD Drive?, Winamp, bit torrent, Doom 3, quake2?, steam, ut2k4, KOTOR, Starcraft:Broodwar, Painkiller, hl2, cs, ventrilio

I guess i didnt do too bad

Does your taskbar really look like that!?

BTW. I think this is in the wrong forum

PS. i cant think of the CD copy program (the sheep icon)

don't know, don't know, don't know, call of duty, Quake2, don't know, don't know, painkiller?, AIM, cd recording software, winamp, far cry, don't know, AVP, don't know, don't know, Doom 3, don't know, Quake 3, Steam, C&C Generals, Max Payne, UT2K3 or 4, KOTOR, don't know, don't know, Diablo 2, don't know, Warhammer 40K, power cord, Tom Clancy game, don't know, HL2, CS, battlefront, don't know, palm desktop.

Man you have too many quicklaunch icons. Made my eyes hurt looking at them.

here's the ones I know

winamp, far cry, HLSW server browser, Q2 or 3?, half-life and ventrillo

those are the only icons I recognize.

THC

? , ? , ? , Call of Duty , Quake2 , ? , ? , ? , Aim , Generic CD icon , Winamp , Farcry , ? , ? , BitTorrent , ? , D3 , ? , Q3 , Steam, Generals , Max Payne (2?) , UT2k4 , ? , Starcraft: Brood War , ? , ? , ? , ? , Limewire? , Rainbow6? , ? , HL2 , CS:Source , ? , ? , Getright , Sound & Volume :) , You should be in bed!

I'm no god or noob, but I'm... so to answer your question, i don't know.

Natural Selection,?,?,Call Of Duty, Quake2,BlindWrite,CloneCD/DVD,?,AIM, CD Icon, Winamp, Far Cry, Cheating Death,?,BitTorrent client,?,Doom3,?,Quake 3 Arena, Steam, C&C Generals, Max Payne 2:Fall of Max Payne,UT2004,Knights of the Old Republic,Starcraft Brood War, Homeworld 1 or 2,?,Painkiller,WH40K: Dawn of War,Limewire, Rainbow 6: Raven Shield,?, Half-Life 2(or HL2DM),Counter-Strike Source, Ventrillo,Frozen Throne, Getright

the one to the left of hl2 a lot of people are missing is Rome: Total War... great game

Natural Selection,?,?,Call Of Duty, Quake2,BlindWrite,CloneCD/DVD,(WW2Online?),AIM, CD Icon, Winamp, Far Cry, Cheating Death,?,BitTorrent client,(Know this one but cant place it),Doom3,(Starwars of some kind),Quake 3 Arena, Steam, C&C Generals, Max Payne 2:Fall of Max Payne,UT2004,Knights of the Old Republic,Starcraft Brood War, Homeworld,D2:ToD,Painkiller,WH40K: Dawn of War,Limewire, Rainbow 6: Raven Shield,Rome:Total War, Half-Life 2(or HL2DM),Counter-Strike Source, Ventrillo,Frozen Throne, Getright

badjoke said:
Does your taskbar really look like that!?

BTW. I think this is in the wrong forum

PS. i cant think of the CD copy program (the sheep icon)

Well I took a few easy shortcuts off (like show desktop, IE, outlook, 2 Folder shortcuts) but for the most part yes, this is my shortcut bar, i guess i'm hardcore gamer? ;)

I thought it should go into general mayhem forums but I don't have a subscription :( (been reg since 2001-2 or so)

Ok so Left to right here are the correct answers:

Natural Selection,Not Indentified,Not Indentified,Call Of Duty, Quake2,BlindWrite,CloneCD/DVD,Not Indentified,AIM, CD IconThis is Wrong, see below for standard CD icon image , Winamp, Far Cry, Cheating Death,Not Indentified,BitTorrent client,Not Indentified,Doom3,(Starwars of some kind) Very Close but no cigar ;) ,Quake 3 Arena, Steam, C&C Generals, Max Payne 2:Fall of Max Payne,UT2004,Knights of the Old Republic,Starcraft Brood War, Homeworld2,D2:LoD,Painkiller,WH40K: Dawn of War,Limewire, Rainbow 6: Raven Shield,Rome: Total War Good job tooleech, Half-Life 2(or HL2DM),Counter-Strike Source, Ventrillo,Frozen Throne, Getright

S most of them are identified!!! I gave some answers that very very close (one or 2 letters off or game version 1/2).

Only 6 Unidentified!! who can fill in the gaps?

if anyone likes this little game I will hold a second round (because I have enough games/proggies to make a whole new bar :D )

So far gamma_blade and finster have pretty much knocked the ball out of the park, Congrats to Both of them, esp Finster for having the most answers correct and being first to do so.
Also good try for the first few posters who helped start the rounds of guessing (looks like you got your correct !)

Standard CD icon image
post-10-1102835600.jpg

Edited for game list and clarifications

The 'unidentified' icon next to Doom3 is the HLSW server browser icon. (which is a really kick-ass tool btw!). It was one I noted in my first post ^^^^^.

THC

Hehe, cool thread. I can name most of them on the left side but then on the right...not so much :cool:

TwoHardCore said:
The 'unidentified' icon next to Doom3 is the HLSW server browser icon. (which is a really kick-ass tool btw!). It was one I noted in my first post ^^^^^.

THC

Ah yes i'm sorry I missed that, I will update the list.. Good Job THC!! (bad job me, heh)

Also tekcajder is right!! he correctly Identified Shogo :Mobile Armor Division (quite old game btw, nice job)

That only leaves 4 more unidentified!!

So now with these 2 additions the list stands as:

Natural Selection,Not Indentified,Shogo: Mobile Armor Division,Call Of Duty, Quake2,BlindWrite,CloneCD/DVD,Not Indentified,AIM, CD IconThis is Wrong, see above for standard CD icon image , Winamp, Far Cry, Cheating Death,Not Indentified,BitTorrent client,HLSW Server Browser,Doom3,(Starwars of some kind) Very Close but no cigar ;) ,Quake 3 Arena, Steam, C&C Generals, Max Payne 2:Fall of Max Payne,UT2004,Knights of the Old Republic,Starcraft Brood War, Homeworld2,D2:LoD,Painkiller,WH40K: Dawn of War,Limewire, Rainbow 6: Raven Shield,Rome: Total War, Half-Life 2(or HL2DM),Counter-Strike Source, Ventrillo,Frozen Throne, Getright

WOW. that is amazing. whats even more amazing is GAMMA_BLADE and Finsta know almost all

One between Doom3 and Q3 looks like JK2 and the one between AIM and CDCLone kinda looks like it might be from Vampire: Redemption,.

|MaguS| said:
One between Doom3 and Q3 looks like JK2 and the one between AIM and CDCLone kinda looks like it might be from Vampire: Redemption,.

Close on the first guess, it is a jedi knight 2 game but say which one!!

the second guess is also close but 2 help with the guessing, this is HL1 mod, kinda popular...

If noone guesses the last few by this weekend I will reveal the full list :)

Which JK2? Um from my knowledge there is only one Jedi Knight 2...

Vampire Slayer is for HL1...

Ok so all the answers, kudos to those who guessed correctly!!!

The ones that were not guessed correctly are in bold

Natural Selection,GoldWave,Shogo: Mobile Armor Division,Call Of Duty, Quake2,BlindWrite,CloneCD/DVD,Vampire Slayer, AIM, DVD Decryptor,Winamp, Far Cry, Cheating Death,Aliens VS Predator 2,BitTorrent client,HLSW Server Browser,Doom3,Jedi Knight 2-Jedi Outcast Quake 3 Arena, Steam, C&C Generals, Max Payne 2:Fall of Max Payne,UT2004,Knights of the Old Republic,Starcraft Brood War, Homeworld2,DIablo2:LoD,Painkiller,WH40K: Dawn of War,Limewire, Rainbow 6: Raven Shield,Rome: Total War, Half-Life 2(or HL2DM),Counter-Strike Source, Ventrillo,Frozen Throne, Getright.

So did anyone enjoy this? Should I dig out my older games and go for another round of old game nostalgia?

Thanks to all for playing :)
-Some Llama

nope, 3rd item is Shogo: Mobile Armor Division which tekcajder gets the credit for answering.

You say i'm a gamer like there are other things you can do with computers? hmm, weird.

call of duty, quake2, clonecd, aim, winamp, farcry, cheating death, alien vs predator, hlsw, doom3, q3a, steam, painkiller, unreal, sc: broodwar, WC3, HL2, CS:S, ventrilo, getright?

First look from left to right:
I see maybe a Natural Selection, GoldWave, Call of Duty, Quake 2, AIM, WinAmp, FarCry, Aliens VS Predator, Bit Torrent, some browser, Doom 3, Quake 3, Steam(ing pile of poo), Max Payne 2, UT2k4, A star Wars game...maybe KOTR, STARCRAFT: BW!!!!, Warhammer 40k, Abes World maybe, HL2, CS,

Second longer look:
Painkiller, Ventrilio, Homeworld 2, Limewire, Getright, Frozen Throne, Natural Selection, Goldwave, Sound/Volume, Clock, Start button, Rainbow 6 Raven Shield, Rome Total War, D2: Lod, CloneCD/DVD, Shogo: Mobile Armor Division,

Third look after getting a brain transplant (from so much stress trying to remember the damn games):
Cheating Death, BlindWrite, Vampire Slayer, some Command & Conquer game...Generals maybe???, Total War,

I'd put them in order but then my brain would start bleeding...maybe later...BTW I didn't cheat and look ahead...still won't until I post them in order in case I remember some more when I put them in order...

wow metallica, if you just went by looking at the first post and none of the answers, then kudos to you!! you did a hella of a good job... pretty much right on all games with just a few versions her and there (but impressive knowing vampire slayer, generals, shogo and knowing it was broodwars and not reg starcraft ;) (was there a diff icon for bw vs reg starcraft?)

Looks like we have found some hard core gamers (from back in the day and current ;))

Since you guys have enjoyed this thread I will work on making a new one and will post a link here to the new challenge... prolly sometime this next week (I have off for holidays yay!)

I think some of the hardest icons were shogo, homeword2 and goldwave (which is a great audio editor btw).

But I have a whole bunch of old games I can install and throw up... so soon we will have a "Real" challenge ;)

Some Llama said:
wow metallica, if you just went by looking at the first post and none of the answers, then kudos to you!! you did a hella of a good job... pretty much right on all games with just a few versions her and there (but impressive knowing vampire slayer, generals, shogo and knowing it was broodwars and not reg starcraft ;) (was there a diff icon for bw vs reg starcraft?)

Looks like we have found some hard core gamers (from back in the day and current ;))

Since you guys have enjoyed this thread I will work on making a new one and will post a link here to the new challenge... prolly sometime this next week (I have off for holidays yay!)

I think some of the hardest icons were shogo, homeword2 and goldwave (which is a great audio editor btw).

But I have a whole bunch of old games I can install and throw up... so soon we will have a "Real" challenge ;)

reg starcraft has a blue wraith not a red one =)

1nferno said:

Ah yes, see we have 2 real gamers right here (well more than that... )

But i have been thinking about all the other games i've played in the last 8 years or more, (since doom/doom2 days) and I think I will have a real challenge... I just need to get off my duff and do it (or wake up before 11 am hehe vacation rules;))

The starcraft and starcraft broodwar had different colors on the ship. Original = blue colors, expansion = red.

Post #29
1nferno said:
Tengis said:
The starcraft and starcraft broodwar had different colors on the ship. Original = blue colors, expansion = red.
Cheater...u looked at post #29....:p :D jk..or should I be???

WTF_LasherRouge said:
Just Ghey, plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well thanx for being so nice and showing respect to other members...I'm sure u will be an [H] member for a long time...:rolleyes:

Used to have a shitload of games. I need a new video card though, this Radeon 7000 isn't cutting it. Someone help me. :(

Icons: AIM, Yahoo, mIRC, WinAmp, WMP, QuickTime, PowerDVD, Easy CD-DA Extractor, Nero, Alcohol 120%, Spybot, PeerGuardian, CPUZ, MBM 5, WinRAR, AP Guitar Tuner, Da Metronome, LimeWire, ABC, Microsoft Mouse, iTouch Config, Logitech ImageStudio, StyleXP, CoolMon, ACDSee, FotoCanvas, FotoSlate, Gmail Notifier, Google Desktop, NFSU:2 Demo, Tweak UI

no pArTy you are just coool :)

I didn't make a new game this last week, but hopefully this weekend I will get off my ass and get it done (been working on a new clan server so that has taken priority).

-llama

i think its stupid having that many games on ur comp at once. how the hell do you find time to play them all?

Back