Ok I'm off to Hong Kong tomorrow - Planning a new CPU (at least)

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
What's the best cpu to bring back?
I have a Q6600 running at 3.2Ghz right now, thinking of changing to the new 45nm cpu's.

Is the E8400 a good choice?

Haven't bought a cpu for about 6 months so I'm a little out of it :D

Also should I just sell my lot and get a DDR3 based board and memory?

Hey how long you staying there :p

Maybe I can catch you when I go home :D

The 8400 sounds great

Coming back next Sunday, going to give the Mongkok centre a go this time, I never went last time I was there.
Supposed to be a bit nicer than the golden computer centre, which was just chaos :D

heh, its all crazy there.

damn, I'm flying home next saturday, which meant...I'm arriving sunday lol.
stupid finals...
have fun there though, hope you enjoy your stay. I'm gonna be home for a nice long assed summer :D

Just checking through the other threads, I think I will hold on to my Q6600 and get a 9800GX2 instead.

Ooooh decisions decisions, just have to wait till I get there and see what is on offer :p

Definitely man.

And I still think DDR2 should suit you fine...no need to waste those lovely sticks haha.

You're on a Q6600 at 3.2 and you want to swap in a new processor?
Man, I just don't get why some people just love to waste their cash.

Just checking through the other threads, I think I will hold on to my Q6600 and get a 9800GX2 instead.
Well that's a little better.
You want to swap out a 3870X2 for a 9800GX2?
Ugh.

Well I'm bored, I'm going to go outside and set $600 on fire in a barrel.
brb.

Utopia: Jeez man, chill.

Hmm, have you ever heard of the 298 computer mall in Wanchai? I like going there because its convenient for me, but I dunno if its for you. I heard they like to pick on foreigners?

Utopia: Jeez man, chill.

Hmm, have you ever heard of the 298 computer mall in Wanchai? I like going there because its convenient for me, but I dunno if its for you. I heard they like to pick on foreigners?

I've never heard of this 298 place, and searching online it is no joke.

Stuff cheap there or something?

Haven't been there for a while...been studying in the States and didn't need to visit the place for parts (yet).

Its supposedly a bit cheaper, and you can try finding multiple deals from either the same shop or others...
There is this one shop that I visited all the time. I bought parts there for two computers that I helped build for my friends.

I've never heard of this 298 place, and searching online it is no joke.

Stuff cheap there or something?

Forget 298 dude, they don't stock on the latest and greatest...the best bargains are at Sham Shui Po...Mong Kok is a bit more expensive except for Jumbo, they do pretty good deals.

There is another computer mall in Wan Chai, near Southern Playgrounds

Back