Ok guys. I just got back with Doom 3!

Went in earlier today and looked, but there were none. Also checked Ebgames, gamestop, babbages, but to no avail. I just called the bestbuy I was at earlier and asked if they had any they were selling b/c I'd heard that some bestbuys were selling them already. The guy was cool and said they have a huge stock in the back, but said they couldn't sell me one until Tuesday or they could get busted bigtime. Dammit, I'm soooo close! I go on vacation monday morning and the parents won't let me stay home. Stupid parents.

Carmack is sitting back, browser open to this thread, and lighting a huge cigar with a $100-dollar bill...

:D

Torquemada XP said:
Carmack is sitting back, browser open to this thread, and lighting a huge cigar with a $100-dollar bill...

:D

lol

Im so glad i grabbed mine this morning :D

Don't listen to EBgames i walked into the one here in Marley Staion Mall in Glen Burnie Maryland and the guy working there told me that people getting the game from Best Buy was BS... :rolleyes:

Raines8416 said:
possibly..... why you live around here?

Nope, but I was wondering if you really got it for sure, so I called the BB there and they said they are selling it right now. I have to wait for my EB order to get in. :( It's cool that you got it early. Have fun.

Tiny said:
Nope, but I was wondering if you really got it for sure, so I called the BB there and they said they are selling it right now. I have to wait for my EB order to get in. :( It's cool that you got it early. Have fun.

Im not shitting you guys, my friend just got back from best buy, the same one i got mine from. They told him they had to pull it from the shelfs because there was an error. There computers didnt show a street date, but now it was fixed. I'm not joking guys, this may be nationwide too.

I happened to be at two of the three BB's in Dayton, OH today and neither of them had the game out. So Trotwood and Dayton Mall stores are a definite no. I wasn't at the Fairfield store today so...

I just had a long talk with my friend who is the manager at the BB near me. After alot of sweet-talking him I was told many of the area BB (not his, however) had put out Doom 3 for sale in the morning because of a computer error. He said the stores that sold copies are in HUGE trouble with the regional BB managers and that it is pretty serious. He wouldnt tell me much else about it.

Call me fuckin crazy, but I drove 2 hrs to get a couple copies. By the time I got there they had pulled the display and the games off the floor. But luckly I had 2 copies set a side and they still sold them to me. :D The game just finished installing so now its DOOM TIME BABY!

Xtasy0 said:
well thats one copy :p the guy still has two others, here is the story of how nirv got doom3:

Nirv hasn´t got it. He´s a scam. He has stolen several peoples money buy selling stuff he didn´t have. He have also posted photoshopped threads where he says he has Doom 3.

I work at BestBuy and have been tracking Doom3 for for a few weeks now, most stores are not getting them until monday, including my store :( , but until today there was no official day for us to release them...thats why the stores that do have them have put them on the shelf. Today we got an e-mail stating when and how BB would handle Doom 3, we can't sell until Aug 3, the email also included crap about video cards and what cards worked best, attached was a scan of the PC Gamer article and recommended system settings, of course the computer sales guys are dumbasses and won't what shit about what works best.

Just found a best buy with a cool guy... played about 30 minutes, screamed, died... then came up....

OMG IT IS INCREDIBLE.

puck said:
of course the computer sales guys are dumbasses and won't what shit about what works best.

Yes, the computer sales reps at Best Buy are hopless. Most of the ones near me wouldnt know a good setup if it hit em over the head. Whenever I go into the store and have time to kill I love asking them questions about the hardware that they dont know the answer to.

NotChunks said:
Yes, the computer sales reps at Best Buy are hopless. Most of the ones near me wouldnt know a good setup if it hit em over the head. Whenever I go into the store and have time to kill I love asking them questions about the hardware that they dont know the answer to.

I work at the tech bench, and we try to educate them a little bit, but most are just sales drones...a few do know about computers but the majority don't....we enjoy hassling them also

oqvist said:
Nirv hasn´t got it. He´s a scam. He has stolen several peoples money buy selling stuff he didn´t have. He have also posted photoshopped threads where he says he has Doom 3.

how do you figure that? he has a perfect feedback rating.

Its just a fucking game wow, wait 2 days this is pitiful. Its like a flying car is for sale or something

I CANT WAIT I CANT SLEEP I CANT GO TO SCHOOL I CANT EAT I M GONNA STRUCK MY HEAD SOMEWHERE.......... :mad:

Yeah I would bet anyone who win that auction on Ebay won´t get a Doom 3 copy at all. I have heard about him in other forums. Not anyone I would do business with.

This is a bit off, but when I worked at Circuit City (in the CD, DVDs, and games dept.) we too would get stuff in boxes taped shut with tape saying "DO NOT RELEASE BEFORE XX/XX/XXXX". The difference between CC and BB is that most of the time the computer also has a release date for the appropriate UPCs, and actually will not let you ring up the item. This seems kind of weird to me considering that BB's computer inventory system is FAR superior to CC's (if you want to look up a title at CC you need to have the customer give you the name, then you look that name up in this 3" thick binder and/or past month supplements, that gives you the UPC, so then you punch in the UPC to give you stock information...it's a bitch when a customer you 5 or more titles [which is why I got damn good at knowing what was in stock and where]. BB seems to have a more graphical interface where you can just type in the title, and it gives you the information...SOOO much more convenient).

Now, I'm all for getting stuff early (one of the happiest days of my life was when I walked into Toys R Us 5 days before the N64 launch and asked if I could preorder it only to have the guy say "We have a bunch in the back, do you just want to buy one now?" HELL FUCKING YES I DO!) but it seems like stores can save themselves this sort of trouble by putting in a system like CC's.

that they can... i read somewhere the activision had released a statement saying any store that sells the game early can be fined $10000

I just looked at this week's Sunday flyer for BB, and the release date on that says Doom 3 available Aug 4...... but our computers here say Aug 3......Can anyopne else verify this in their areas flyer? Might just be a typo in ours

Called 3 local Best Buy stores and all of them told me that they have it in already but cant sell it until Tuesday. Looks like those who got it early are lucky, everyone else must wait. Hmm...

Back