ok gonna get bf2, mouse ok? or do i need more.

IDF

Limp Gawd
all i have is a regualer 3 button mouse.

Dont want to buy it if i need some other controller..

if not i guess its guild wars or something else..

Responses from the ones who played appreciated....

laters.. :D

I used to use a regular old 2 button + scroll wheel mouse for gaming, and it works fine. Think of it this way: Skill is more important than equipment. It doesn't matter what kind of controller you have, as long as you are good with it.

You'll be fine. Just come up with a control scheme that works for you and get used to it.

Only logitech MX's and RazerS!! Uhm no, lot of interesting questions lately. No game has a minium mousing requirement ebyond what you have. With the number of buttons at your disposal on the keyboard, I don't see it happening either. I have grown accustom to an extra button or two though. Works for me. I could get by in BF2 though. I currently mostly use my fat thumb button to run, but ALT ala COD works ok too.

If anything, as long as its optical, I think you have the mouse part covered.

On the other hand, I think it is subjective for the mousepad. I went to a Ratpad GS and a got a lot better traction compared to my shitty cloth "Welcome to UMD" mousepad. Yeah, free cloth mousepads get pretty icky after a while. As long as you don't have cloth, I think you are fine. That's not to say you can't play with cloth, but upgrading it doesn't hurt either.

two button and a scroll is what i prefer for fps games.
sometimes u have to be able to switch weapons with the scroll on the mouse and sometimes u just press the hot keys 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. depends on which is more convenent. i also use my side buttons for other functions.

NickN said:
I used to use a regular old 2 button + scroll wheel mouse for gaming, and it works fine. Think of it this way: Skill is more important than equipment. It doesn't matter what kind of controller you have, as long as you are good with it.

Agreed!! I have a Logi MX1000 and a TT GammaPad, does this make me a better player? Nope. Its all personal preference. In terms of the mouse itself I only use left and right buttons and scroll wheel to get to my shock paddles quickly.

eeyrjmr said:
I would recomend a keyboard ;)

haha... and a decent computer to plug everything into? :D

imho, in the BF games, it helps to have a joystick if you're going to be flying anything... mouse flying requires serious skill

i'm still using a ball mouse and don't have a problem. i'm also not that bad.

Back