OK Folders, where do we stand ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ttocs

[H]ard|Gawd
Originally posted by BillR
Welp, all I can say here is, if everyone is so damn unhappy with the site........GO MAKE A NEW ONE!

This bickering is becoming more then anyone should have to bear.

I can’t recall when I have seen more childish behavior in one place in my whole life.

Too much for me

BillR

I believe that has been attempted already, before the 'new' website was put up. Calavaro can elaborate if he wants to.

Other than that comment, I'm staying out of this. I don't have the time to do the work, and quite frankly, I can't say I care anymore. Whatever turns your crank.

I made a bet with three people. If I posted my last post under Cals post, Ttocs would be the next post.

I won, how totally predictable.

BillR

The three stooges strike again

Point, Set, Match

Welp, all I can say here is, if everyone is so damn unhappy with the site........GO MAKE A NEW ONE!

This bickering is becoming more then anyone should have to bear.

I can’t recall when I have seen more childish behavior in one place in my whole life.

Too much for me

BillR

Hmm, this seems to have come out of no where, at least to me. But it would also appear to be some kind of sore spot with you. Why is it when I ask for a good contact method in order for people to send info to the website so that it can be updated the response I see posted by a member is something to the effect of "I'm sick of the bitching about the website so if you don't like it go make one yourself" ?

Let me explain something to you, it was this team that decided to have a website. Most requested an area with "news" in it that included information about the projects, upcoming events, etc. However as I have seen in the past and by somments made in this forum by various team members there seems to be a problem with keeping it up to date. On top of that I get e-mails forwarded to me from people wanting to join the team, going to the website, but finding the information is old, incorrect and / or hard to find. So obviously there is/was a problem here that was being seen not only by current members but also those trying to join. I'm trying to establish a method in which this can be improved or corrected. But what I'm seeing is this "if you don't like it go do it yourself"

Now if there is some kind of a problem here we can either choose to work it out as a team, as I'm trying to do, or we can all get attitude and nothing will get worked out. Now I'm certainly someone who can produce attitude by the truckload and I'm willing to bet nobody wants my attitude to get fired up. So I'm going to ask the question again in hopes it will receive an answer.

What is a good useable contact point for the webmaster of hardfolding.com in order for people to send information so that we can keep the site updated in an effort to help new members or people just looking for information? IRC is not it, I need something most people can use without having to install another piece of software on their PC. I need assistance here not attitude(s)

CIWS, this has not come out of nowhere....Cal, Ttocs and the Freak have tried everything possible to degrade king and his work and more, have been trying to take over the website and chat room since well into last year.

This used to be a team, now it's a bunch of childish crap. We have lost way too many good people (the oldtimers) because of this kind of thing yet we post and post to get new people every day.

This was supposed to be fun and productive.......it's not anymore.

Gaiden worked his butt off to try to help get the team back together as have I and relic and many others only to be met by total frustration caused by a few spoiled children types.

Looks to me like this can't/won't be fixed.

BillR

Well then perhaps the solution is to simply throw up our hands and close hardfolding.com ? It can be arranged pretty easily. If there's not going to be a way to address this and get it working properly then there is certainly no reason to continue to take up people's voluntary time like KingN, Gaiden, and everybody else involved. I understand all to well how much of a person's time can get taken up by volunteer efforts. I spend almost as much time doing these things as I do the job that actually pays something. This certainly wasn't the intention of starting this thread, but hey if we can't work out whatever the problem(s) is, then we can certainly get rid of the causes surrounding them. Either way it gets solved.

The fact that with a couple of quick posts I was able to set the stage and predict the results should be enough answer.

I know you didn’t start the thread this way, and I tried to give valid responses. The results became all too obvious.

BillR

Not that my opinion will carry much weight as I am not a top producing person, or someone that has been around for a very long time. Over the last few months I have watched myself slowly climb through the ranks that my meger PPD have allowed me all the while reading the forums and comming up with new ways to crank out more points. I have gone so far as to place orders for 3 P4 2.4C processors, and 3 sticks of 256 Meg DDR400 Ram...All I was waiting for was finding the right MoBo's for my Blade.

Now I can say that I am in it for the science, and it has gotten a little adicting for me personally. The reason that I joined up in the first place was because I wanted to. The reason that I joined the [H]ord was because I have been visiting [H]ardocp for as long as I have been online, and that is a LONG time. The forums have been a boundless source of information on a tonne of subjects and its fun to watch all the newbies post questions that have been asked countless times, it gives me a chance to give some info back.

For the first time I have read a thread that made me question that decission. I dont know the situation that has happened in the past but I didnt know that such a wedge existed in this team. I have found that the hardfolding site is poorly maintained and that if I want info I com here. If I want to know how I am doing against other team members I go to extremeoverclocking. I understand that the site is done on a volenteer basis and as a saleryed employee I know I have no time to maintain such a site so I dont hold it against anyone or feel shorted because our team site is lackluster. There are other sources of info on the web.

The one thing I have found is that so far on my folding climb up the team ladder is that I have passed an enormous amount of people that are, and have been, producing 0 Points for some time. I can say it has been fun to see a couple ppl screaming past me ([H]Derik, 101 ) and a couple ppl gaining on me quickly forceing me to 'ramp up'. but it also got me wondering why so many ppl quit. I guess I have found a little of that reason today when I read this thread and my real question is 'Why stay folding for the [H]ord with all this annomosity and negativity?'

This is suppost to be fun, it has been for me and I dont plan on quitting now. Will I ever overtake Freak? Hell No! I'd be suprised if I make it into the top 100 but thats not the point for me. I dont have access to a bunch of computers to borg but I will do what I can with what I have and continue my climb, continue my search for a cure. I just want to say that threads like this might be a little disconcerting to new ppl, it has been for me.

Now to get back on topic I love the thought of teams!!! how cool would it be to watch your team tear up the ladder! BUT who would maintain the stats and where? If this thread has taught me anything its that a website with that info seems to be out and putting it on hardfolding is not an option, so where?

I really couldnt come up with a better idea than the Teams idea and that one has really caught my intrest.

Thanks for the community and to steal a tag line;

FOLD ON!!!!

Kroz

Ok, we'll get that one taken care of. Now to the rest of the list.

---------------------------------------------

1 Increase the U.D. output from the team.

2. Create an alternate info/FAQ in a video format on how to download and setup the Folding client. Possibly do it in a FLASH type presentation.

3. N/A

4. Increase the level of team recruiting. This of course may increase as we try to bring these other mentioned elements into the fold.

5. The continued creation of sub-teams on a larger scale in order to help promote some intrateam competition and motivate some increased Folding.

6. Some increased attention and notoriety to our team members who are new and producing a good amount of work or outside the Statsman's range to help demonstrate how all of the team's work is contributing to the overall effort.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The sub-teams idea seems to be one several want to go with. So I'm going to assume the next step is the formation of some sub-teams and possible gauntlets ? This sound correct ?

CIWS, this has not come out of nowhere....Cal, Ttocs and the Freak have tried everything possible to degrade king and his work and more, have been trying to take over the website and chat room since well into last year.

--snipped for point--

Looks to me like this can't/won't be fixed.

BillR

Woa there Bill. Since when have I tried to "take over" anything? I have repeatedly stated I am more than willing to grab a big chunk of responsibility and I (as a few might recall) tried along with relic to gather support for news gathering, story writing, updating of FAQ's and guides, etc. No less than 5 faq's and guides where made, with the help of people in the IRC channel, you being one of them Bill. I sent these to King several times, I sent them to relic asking him to reforward them to King for inclusion on the website. It was not put there and I still do not know why. Nobody offered an explanation. This is not only looking over me but looking over the people of the IRC channel constucting the FAQ's together.

The only thing I have heard from MidnightFreak is his wish to be excluded from the hardfolding website. This has been asked and denied several times without any explanation offered.
How is that trying to "take over" or "degrade" anything?
Ttocs has offered to make some write ups and I applaud him for it, but as the situation is what it is, everything was put on hold.
Uncutdiamond has a great SMP guide that would make a great addition to the site... again put on hold (it is online someplace else, links found in the SMP forum). I only see a wish to help. I only see people with a desire to keep the greatest D.C team updated through an easy means... the website. It should be the 1st goto place instead of the forums+IRC Channel imho.

As for "degrading Kings work". The only thing I have expressed a dislike for is the lack of communication. Nothing more. I fail to see how that can be taken as "degrading someones work".

As CIWS said. Stop this bickering and lets do something. Constructive that is.

And yes Bill, the more you know someone the more "predictable" they will become. ;)

Originally posted by Kroz
Not that my opinion will carry much weight as I am not a top producing person, or someone that has been around for a very long time.

No sweat Kroz, all of our team members opinions count.:) Any opinion is welcome.

Keep this in mind, we are like a really big family. Some members are more vocal than others, some like to sit back and mainly just observe. There will always be some issues and personality conflicts that come up. We just have to find the best solution when it does and then put our heads back down out of the wind and keep Folding. No matter all of the other stuff that is the one thing we are all trying to do in common and the [H]orde does well. Now whether you choose to continue here or move to another team, we are all still Folding. That's what really matters. All the rest is just cake icing.

The email link never stopped working....FACT!

After I looked it seems all the things everyone wanted posted were already there..FACT

The team has a website..FACT

Does anyone send any valid information to post? Not that I've seen, other then someone, who after bashing the irc room with obsenties decided they wanted thier name off the list..FACT

I'll repost that log if I must, but it was pretty obvious at the time it was a put up job........these are the people who bitch first about "The Team" and no new people, all the while the oldtimes just walk away.......Go look at all the "0" results, lot's of big time folders there, or not there.

Cal, your position is indefensable, way too many people were involved and are still commenting about it. Again, If I have to post the log I will.

Kyle used to be enthused and participate......what happened to that? Now it's become a "what ever" thing.

Have a Happy new Year

BillR

Well I'll tell you what, since the constructive side of this appears to have gone out the window. I will now close this thread. Good luck to your future endeavours. I'm now going to open the back of my truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back