OK dont laugh, need help selecting a PSU for a P2

My friends very very old pc went out on him. I wish I had a digital camera to show all the freaking dust bunnies in there. But I hooked up a 350W PSU from a soyo case I bought and the pc booted up. Can anyone suggest a good PSU for around 20 to 30 bucks.

Specs

Pentium 2 ( 450mhz I think )
1 stick of ram dont know how much
video card, not sure how big
nic card
floppy
DVD drive
modem

The PS dandragonrage recommended should work fine. You could also check FS/FT.

yea a 300watter would be more than enough for that thing... I'd say dont go under 250 if you go generic (I highly suggest not doing this, generic psu's cause so many problems) though, a good antec, fortron, or Thermaltake 200watter would probably do you just fine as well.

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
yea a 300watter would be more than enough for that thing... I'd say dont go under 250 if you go generic (I highly suggest not doing this, generic psu's cause so many problems) though, a good antec, fortron, or Thermaltake 200watter would probably do you just fine as well.

~Adam

I thought thermatake was on the not so good list in the sticky?

neoquest2000 said:
I thought thermatake was on the not so good list in the sticky?

I don't care what it's in, Thermaltake makes good psu's, ask ice zcar, he's an expert. I use one and I wont ever use a generic psu again. Hell just about everyone I've talked to has said Thermaltakes are just as good as Antecs.

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
I don't care what it's in, Thermaltake makes good psu's, ask ice zcar, he's an expert. I use one and I wont ever use a generic psu again. Hell just about everyone I've talked to has said Thermaltakes are just as good as Antecs.

~Adam

I read it again and it said low end, I guess the is like the smartpower for the Antecs

Back