OK Deal - Ryzen 5 3600 - $180 - Ends 1/27

Update after posting elsewhere and being slapped around a bit.

If your local Microcenter has these in stock, after tax it is actually $1 less there. So if you are one of the people who gets taxed by Newegg anyway then Microcenter would definitely be the better deal either way.

I live within driving distance of a Microcenter but it is still a 40 minute drive (one way). $1 more is still not a bad deal considering gas and drive time.... granted with Newegg you'll be lucky to get it within 5 days with their free shipping.

I live within driving distance of a Microcenter but it is still a 40 minute drive (one way). $1 more is still not a bad deal considering gas and drive time.... granted with Newegg you'll be lucky to get it within 5 days with their free shipping.
I ordered my GPU from there last week. 3-5 day Supersaver free shipping or whatever it is called. Was here in 2 days.

On the other hand the RAM I ordered took well over a week so YMMV. lol....

Just got the invoice for this CPU in question. Estimated delivery Jan 29 so yeah, just depends. I agree with you and $1 is not worth the $5 in gas and travel time but if you need it NOW?!? I can wait a week.

Was unaware. Sorry to those that is the case for.

Quill Corp v. North Dakota (1992) was overturned in 2018 by South Dakota v. Wayfair Inc. This means that every business is obligated to collect sales tax, regardless of where the end consumer is. If the end consumer is in another state, the business must collect and remit sales tax to the state they reside in. Previously, businesses didn't have to collect sales tax for out of state consumers because Quill Corp argued that the dormant commerce clause, which stipulated the federal government regulated interstate commerce, wasn't allowed to be interfered with by another state via applying duties (taxes) that interfered with interstate commerce.

As online retail grew, states became more resentful of what they saw as tax evasion, so several "kill quill" lawsuits were pushed through the courts in an effort to get to the supreme court and overturn Quill v. North Dakota. They were eventually successful in 2018 and in 2019, online retailers were required to collect and remit sales taxes to whatever jurisdiction the consumer resided in.

The legislation has both pros and cons. Pros would be protecting local businesses, many brick and mortar shops were decimated when online retail really took off because they couldn't compete on price. Cons are obviously taxation without representation, so Washington D.C. residents have the last laugh.

Nice deal, a bit expensive IMO, they can go lower acording to AMD Ryzen pricing history. Amazon usually gives these nice discounts.

Is it worth the extra $60 to get the 3600x?
if single core clocks is all you care about then it's for you to decide if 60 dollars is worth it for ~150mhz.. if single thread isn't then no since both will run about the same all core clocks.. if you can keep the processor under 68C full load then it'll do 4.15-4.2Ghz all core boost without any extra tweaking so there's no reason for the 3600x outside of single core clocks. that being said 4.3-4.4Ghz all core should be do-able on the 3600.

What are everyones thoughts on the cooler that comes with this processor? Is it alright, or should I go aftermarket?

What are everyones thoughts on the cooler that comes with this processor? Is it alright, or should I go aftermarket?
I plan to get another.

Getting up to 80 degrees in Pub G which is what I play. Even the Prism averages 15 degrees less.

I think paying $20 more for the 3600x is worth it if you going to just use the stock cooler. This is Microcenter prices tho. $160 for 3600 and $180 for the 3600x. It is why I went with a 3600x for the build I did yesterday. Running prime95 tops out in the mid 60s at stock.

Back