ok CD buner>?

Tony Montana

[H]ard|Gawd
My Acer CD buner that ive had for 4 years now died. I wanted another acer since its lasted so long but they are 200 bux im looking for something for under 50 that will be pretty good. I dont care about write speed that much. Any suggestions?

Pioneer?
PLEXTOR?
LITEON?

PX-740?

Its a BenQ rebadge, but with Plextors firmware it is great for the money, since it basically beats out most of the other drives with the same hardware.

the NEC 3550A is suppose to be great as well, but I am always biased with PlexWriters

UltimaParadox said:
PX-740?

Its a BenQ rebadge, but with Plextors firmware it is great for the money, since it basically beats out most of the other drives with the same hardware.

the NEC 3550A is suppose to be great as well, but I am always biased with PlexWriters
FOr CD burning, Benq and LG DVDRWs are quite good.

Tony Montana said:
My Acer CD buner that ive had for 4 years now died. I wanted another acer since its lasted so long but they are 200 bux im looking for something for under 50 that will be pretty good. I dont care about write speed that much. Any suggestions?

Pioneer?
PLEXTOR?
LITEON?
For quality, there is only one choice - and that's Plextor. Ok, there's more than one choice, but Plextor is the best IMO. Just an FYI though - Plextor occasionally OEMs a low-cost drive model - you want to make sure you get a genuine Plextor drive if you go that route.

However, since you're looking for under $50, Plextor won't be the choice there. The second best quality drive, I think, is Lite-On. I recommend Lite-On to everybody I know who wants a great drive for very little $$$.

In fact, not only is it under $50, it's under $40, shipped! :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106014

pfc_m_drake said:
For quality, there is only one choice - and that's Plextor. Ok, there's more than one choice, but Plextor is the best IMO. Just an FYI though - Plextor occasionally OEMs a low-cost drive model - you want to make sure you get a genuine Plextor drive if you go that route.

However, since you're looking for under $50, Plextor won't be the choice there. The second best quality drive, I think, is Lite-On. I recommend Lite-On to everybody I know who wants a great drive for very little $$$.

In fact, not only is it under $50, it's under $40, shipped! :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106014
^Benq and LG are better DVD writers ;)
Read up on the +RW/-RW woes on current L-O DVDRW drives. ClubCDFreaks is a nice place to start :p

Yeah, I'm familiar with CDFreaks. I didn't realize that the current generation Lite-On drives had issues with +/-RW, but I'll definitely take your word for it.

I personally had a very bad time with an LG CD-ROM back a few years ago, so I tend to stay away from them myself - that would be my only complaint against them.

Another vote for NEC 3550A, around 50 dvd/100cd burns and not 1 coaster.

If Plextor premium models are out of your budget (716 or 718's) then I'd have to suggest Benq 1655 or 1650 (if its out yet) for the budget.

The 1655 will not disappoint. However, the NEC 3550 is also a solid buy. I'm a little biased towards the plextor CD burners for absolute quality scans (using my media) but YMMV.

Back